The Cairns game vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Peeps, does anybody know where the guys stay for the Cairns game? Was thinking of heading up with the kids and I'm sure they'd get a thrill out of staying at the same hotel/resort as their idols.
They stayed at the Pullman last year, Whether or not they do that again who knows

i'm heading up with the family (just fluked it that we will be in Cairns at the same time...no really...we did...)

Never seen the boys play interstate so pretty pumped - need to get tickets sorted pronto
We're unbeaten at Cairns.

However all of those wins have been without grassman75 in attendance. So if we lose, it's YOUR fault!
(Give them a cheer from us GM ;))

i'm heading up with the family (just fluked it that we will be in Cairns at the same time...no really...we did...)

Never seen the boys play interstate so pretty pumped - need to get tickets sorted pronto

Unless you are after reserved seating (where most travelling dogs supporters congregate) you'll have no trouble getting them at the gate.

Its nice going to the footy in the middle of winter wearing shorts, but I have to say that the atmosphere at the game is pretty s**t. In my experience its mostly clueless locals and a few lost tourists who have little interest in the game who seem to use it purely as a social event that just happens to have a bit of a game happening who only fleetingly pay attention between copious amounts of beer and chat.

Having said that its still an excellent excuse in a magic part of the country if you're looking for a mid winter break from the gloom of Melbourne.

Team Grassman wil love it.
The Royal party stay in Trinity beach , great pub right on the beach.
My favourite game of the year !

The AFL has a deal with ACCOR hotels so yes they will stay at Pullman again. Pretty sure it's the international but don't hold me too it!

Team Grassman wil love it.
The Royal party stay in Trinity beach , great pub right on the beach.
My favourite game of the year !

We are staying in an apartment somewhere on the Esplanade. Can't remember the name of the place. sounds like I might have to meet up with the royal family for a tankard of beer

We are staying in an apartment somewhere on the Esplanade. Can't remember the name of the place. sounds like I might have to meet up with the royal family for a tankard of beer

Would love to catch up on the day. I am interested who's behind all that wit :thumbsu:

Got my tickets sorted - just me and the young bloke going to the game - was going to cost a fortune even as silver members with a reserved seat at Etihad

Probably got stooged - I asked the girl if you could just rock up on the day with your membership and she initially said no its a fully ticketed event, then said yes, but you aren't guaranteed entry. Ended up forking out for two reserved seats on the upper level (I blame mrs grassman as she hates football and wouldn't commit to a family outing....

Also, does anyone know when the training / family day will be up there?

Got my tickets sorted - just me and the young bloke going to the game - was going to cost a fortune even as silver members with a reserved seat at Etihad

Probably got stooged - I asked the girl if you could just rock up on the day with your membership and she initially said no its a fully ticketed event, then said yes, but you aren't guaranteed entry. Ended up forking out for two reserved seats on the upper level (I blame mrs grassman as she hates football and wouldn't commit to a family outing....

If it's the same as last year, training is Friday morning and then there was an Auskick session in the afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You deserve a medal Gm75. On current form we'll be going in as serious underDogs.

Looking forward to your Bullblog.

I look forward to bonus pieman points for making the trek

If we are both at the training session , expect the coaching staff to pester us into taking the training run.
The way I see we are their best hope to get them out of this hole.

If we are both at the training session , expect the coaching staff to pester us into taking the training run.
The way I see we are their best hope to get them out of this hole.

Im sitting in the a hotel as I type, board the plane tomorrow morning. Kit packed. Going up early for some acclimatisation as I'm confident of getting the call up. Surely there's room in the team for another 100kg unco forward who can't kick over a jam tin

Bit generous calling it a 'level'. There's a single covered grandstand on one of the wings, and a dozen rows of seats behind each of the goals. That's it, the rest is standing room. Don't think it has ever officially sold out, even when there were a couple thousand more attending when Richmond were playing and it was more of a novelty for the locals

I don't mind being able to stand right up near the fence and move around, but if you're not partial to standing the grandstand is the go. Otherwise you have to bring a picnic blanket in case it's wet/dewy and hope you can find a spot where you're not blocked by someone's head who is standing up

Bit generous calling it a 'level'. There's a single covered grandstand on one of the wings, and a dozen rows of seats behind each of the goals. That's it, the rest is standing room. Don't think it has ever officially sold out, even when there were a couple thousand more attending when Richmond were playing and it was more of a novelty for the locals

I don't mind being able to stand right up near the fence and move around, but if you're not partial to standing the grandstand is the go. Otherwise you have to bring a picnic blanket in case it's wet/dewy and hope you can find a spot where you're not blocked by someone's head who is standing up

Don't know how many the ground seats, however the bottom "level" of the stand was sold out and they could only give me a max of 3 seats together in the upper "level" I believe there was only about 6-10 seats left total

Anyway flight GM75 has landed in Port Douglas and I look forward to reporting in once we get back to Cairns and closer to game time

Don't know how many the ground seats, however the bottom "level" of the stand was sold out and they could only give me a max of 3 seats together in the upper "level" I believe there was only about 6-10 seats left total

Anyway flight GM75 has landed in Port Douglas and I look forward to reporting in once we get back to Cairns and closer to game time

Around 13000 is the capacity. The grandstand is always sold out.

You're probably behind the fence up half way up the stand in this pic. Best seats in the place no doubt

cazaleys.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back