Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The friction generated from a thousand brothers and sisters 'doing it' powers the whole state with eww-lectricity! They obviously cadged a singular 386 on dial-up from somewhere...

Why are murders so slow to be solved in Tas?

Because they all share the same DNA 😂

Ok, ok.......sorry to all the Taswegians here 😊

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Professional bed shitter who short steps to avoid contact. Proven failure who has let geelong down over and over again, a nothing preseason game doesn't change that.
Guthrie has had a lot of big finals.

there are many players who perform below expectstions in finals. Menegola, dangerfield, stewart, blicavs, rohan. Guthrie is not one.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree the 3 you mention weren’t in our best 10 or so players but they all had elite qualities:

Stokes - could kick a bag of 5+
Wojo- elite speed / penetrating kick.
Hunt - elite penetrating kick.

Guthrie is just a little vanilla and I’d personally take any of the above ahead of him in a finals situation as he unfortunately doesn’t seem to have an elite quality to place him in an obvious position on the field anymore. He’s just a “talented” footballer we keep in the 22.
Matthew stoked kicked 1 bag of 5 goals in his entire 200 game career. So did tim hargreaves and mAtthew mccarthy. I wouldnt characterise any of them as players who could kick a bag of 5+.

guthrie has had some huge finals. Better then any of those three played.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

there are many players who perform below expectstions in finals. Menegola, dangerfield, stewart, blicavs, rohan. Guthrie is not one.
Guthrie has been a bit unlucky in finals. Memory serves me, he tagged Dusty in both 17 and 19 (kept him under wraps) and got injured doing so, letting him off the leash.

Think he'll have a ripper 2020 finals series.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Matthew stoked kicked 1 bag of 5 goals in his entire 200 game career. So did tim hargreaves and mAtthew mccarthy. I wouldnt characterise any of them as players who could kick a bag of 5+.

guthrie has had some huge finals. Better then any of those three played.
I've said on here a few times he is our best finals player and get laughed at.
But he has actually gone up a level at times in finals when most go down or at very best play at their H&A level.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

2 of those players are the consistently worst finals performers I've seen in my time watching footy.
Try to guess which 2? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

You wrote that Sept 29th 2020, so naming Stewart then was fair enough. He had himself a bloody good Grand Final though, I gotta say. I think he was good in the Brisbane final too. Everyone was good in the Collingwood one of course!

2 of those players are the consistently worst finals performers I've seen in my time watching footy.
Try to guess which 2? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I will condense the two I think into one name. Dangerohan. That it?

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
You wrote that Sept 29th 2020, so naming Stewart then was fair enough. He had himself a bloody good Grand Final though, I gotta say. I think he was good in the Brisbane final too. Everyone was good in the Collingwood one of course!

Haha Nah, Roblitzhan.
Both were good around 50% of the time in this years finals series though.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Yes stewart had a good finals series. It was his earlier finals series where he was poor but is much better now.

Back