Remove this Banner Ad

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Thought Id start a thread to help people who might be at uni or trying to work out what they want to do. I know when I was at school and uni I had no frikkin idea. And pretty much still dont. Back in the day I would have appreciated advice on careers to help out.

Was thinking that if posters state the industries they've worked in and the studying they've done to get there, then others can ask questions.

Have done sports science, a dip ed and a diploma in OHS. Have a pathetically checkered resume of jobs in exercise rehab, injury management, insurance and OHS across mining, retail, manufacturing and health.

If any prospective students doing sports/health science at uni (I know there is a lot of them) or anything similar have any questions about career pathways and what certain industries are like to work in and what to avoid then ask away!

Last edited:
I completed a Bachelor of Business in Marketing & HR.

Have worked for a marketing agency as an account exec and then moved over to sales as a territory manager, then a national account exec and now a trade marketing exec.

Happy to discuss any generic business related queries

Graduated with a Bachelor in Civil Engineering last year.... Did some minor structural work for work experience.... Finally got got a grad job with a construction company as a 'project asssistant/jnr CA' (0 experience in this field) working under PM/CA/site supervisor.....

Can any PM/CA give me advise on how to do well in this industry.... sooooo nervous yet exciting atm since I know nothing! :(:)

I completed a Bachelor of Business in Marketing & HR.

Have worked for a marketing agency as an account exec and then moved over to sales as a territory manager, then a national account exec and now a trade marketing exec.

Happy to discuss any generic business related queries

I'm thinking of doing a Masters in a similar course.

Done my undergrad in education, but have a calling for business in the sense that I very much want to be in the thick of things myself and helping a team around me, not preparing young folk to be in the thick of things later.

I'm thinking of doing a Masters in a similar course.

Done my undergrad in education, but have a calling for business in the sense that I very much want to be in the thick of things myself and helping a team around me, not preparing young folk to be in the thick of things later.

Does anyone have similar experiences or experiences in changing paths completely through a Masters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back