Prediction The Carlton Consensus Best 22 – 2019 Edition - THE VOTES ARE IN

Who should be our final player in the Best 22? (PICK ONE)

• 1. J. Silvagni

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 4. L. O'Brien

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 16. D. Lang

• 18. S. Walsh

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • 21. J. Garlett

• 26. H.Macreadie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 28. D. Cuningham

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • 29. C. Polson

• 39. D. Thomas

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 40. T. Bugg

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Job well done Matty411

Interesting how we’ve voted here compared to my personal best side.

Out - Pickett, Setterfield
In -LOB, Thomas

Pickett is coming from a fair way back this preseason, will hopefully see his fair share of senior action throughout 2019 but can't see him starting the year in the seniors, unless the wake up call has really hit home & he has a huge preseason.

Very excited about Setterfield but given he's stating preseason behind the 8-ball I wouldn't expect him in the senior side vs Richmond. At this stage would rather ease him into it and build his fitness and touch up at VFL level.

LOB I have as a certain starter, thought he showed some terrific signs in his debut season, and finished the year off particularly well. Can see him playing a bit behind the ball and up on a wing as he did throughout 2018, but his running capacity and skills are hugely valuable and we'll be keen to get as many games into him as possible.

Thomas is the unpopular choice here, but he had a good year in 2018, and the onus is on the kids we have to displace him - it shouldn't just happen because of their respective ages. With Doc going down in particular I think his leadership and experience will be highly valued by Bolton, and I expect to see him feature regularly throughout 2019, which may well be his last year.

Job well done Matty411

Interesting how we’ve voted here compared to my personal best side.

Out - Pickett, Setterfield
In -LOB, Thomas

Pickett is coming from a fair way back this preseason, will hopefully see his fair share of senior action throughout 2019 but can't see him starting the year in the seniors, unless the wake up call has really hit home & he has a huge preseason.

Very excited about Setterfield but given he's stating preseason behind the 8-ball I wouldn't expect him in the senior side vs Richmond. At this stage would rather ease him into it and build his fitness and touch up at VFL level.

LOB I have as a certain starter, thought he showed some terrific signs in his debut season, and finished the year off particularly well. Can see him playing a bit behind the ball and up on a wing as he did throughout 2018, but his running capacity and skills are hugely valuable and we'll be keen to get as many games into him as possible.

Thomas is the unpopular choice here, but he had a good year in 2018, and the onus is on the kids we have to displace him - it shouldn't just happen because of their respective ages. With Doc going down in particular I think his leadership and experience will be highly valued by Bolton, and I expect to see him feature regularly throughout 2019, which may well be his last year.
Cheers, mate. You've got to wonder whether Willo/Newman take that spot straight up or whether we keep Daisy down there, or even try Walsh/give LOB extended responsibility. JLT will give us more insight, but our options are much better than this time last year.
tenor.gif

This is some serious ******* bullshit right here
Exactly.

The award is already named after you, how the * can you ‘win’ it?

About 6 changes from last year. But this doesn't factor in a lot of setbacks and injury niggles.

either we go from losing by 10+ goals to losing by 1-5 goals or we go from winning 2 games to 7/8 games. Really hope it is the latter.

Guessing recent events means Lochie moves to the bench...

FB: Lachie Plowman (121) - Liam Jones (110) - Kade Simpson (146)
HB: Tom Williamson (105) - Jacob Weitering (150) - Caleb Marchbank (151)
C: Marc Murphy (99) - Ed Curnow (104) - Zac Fisher (118)
HF: Mitch McGovern (147) - Charlie Curnow (149) - S. Petrevski-Seton (114)
FF: Will Setterfield (53) - Harry McKay (149) - Alex Fasolo (116)
R: Matthew Kreuzer (132) - Patrick Cripps (152) - Paddy Dow (144)
I: Nic Newman (87) - Matthew Kennedy (87) - Sam Walsh (40) - Lochie O'Brien (17)
EMG: Dale Thomas (8) - David Cuningham (6) - Tomas Bugg (2)- ____

Replaced as injured since being voted in: Sam Docherty (153), Jarrod Pickett (51)

Guessing recent events means Lochie moves to the bench...

FB: Lachie Plowman (121) - Liam Jones (110) - Kade Simpson (146)
HB: Tom Williamson (105) - Jacob Weitering (150) - Caleb Marchbank (151)
C: Marc Murphy (99) - Ed Curnow (104) - Zac Fisher (118)
HF: Mitch McGovern (147) - Charlie Curnow (149) - S. Petrevski-Seton (114)
FF: Will Setterfield (53) - Harry McKay (149) - Alex Fasolo (116)
R: Matthew Kreuzer (132) - Patrick Cripps (152) - Paddy Dow (144)
I: Nic Newman (87) - Matthew Kennedy (87) - Sam Walsh (40) - Lochie O'Brien (17)
EMG: Dale Thomas (8) - David Cuningham (6) - Tomas Bugg (2)- ____

Replaced as injured since being voted in: Sam Docherty (153), Jarrod Pickett (51)
who is the last emergency? So sad to see both Docherty and Pickett go down!!! Especially for Picketts career!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the training reports, it sounds like all of Thomas, Bugg and Fasolo will play.

Forward line?

McKay Thomas Charlie
Bugg McGovern Fasolo

Back