Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure that was just the one goal, conceded to Carey.
Even crazier good. Some defenders in those times would tremble in fear at prospect of how many goals a Ablett or Carey would kick on them. Over 15 goals was probably combined. For SOS though, just one! One! Amazing.

I sat down a few weeks ago and thought about a classic confrontation between some of our greatest players.

I applied one rule. Players who appeared for Carlton solely against those who played for other teams. It would be a cracker of a match in my opinion.

Cleanskins

A.McKay Southby D.McKay

Doull Stephen Silvagni Hunter

Harmes Bradley Ratten

Johnston Maclure Jackson

J Buckley Kernahan P Jones

Nicholls Koutoufides Ashman

Dean F Brown

Shirts

Docherty Perovic Manton

McConville Rhys-Jones Scotland

Camporeale Williams Crosswell

Betts Walls Rice

Marcou Jesaulenko Lappin

Madden Judd Barassi

W.Jones Sheldon

I stopped at 4 teams and another lot of great players that I didn’t frame into a team. As I‘ve said previously, some of us were very lucky to live through a golden era for Carlton.

This very much looks like the end of the road for Dom.
:'(
I had him 2. He was never beating Jezza in my eyes but anyone else I was going to vote the Dom. But if anyone going to beat him, SOS is a good guy to get outvoted by those that only saw 1990's and onwards where SOS was the next best Carlton player.

Couldn’t fit them all in! Buzz was a beauty. Stupid bastard turned his back on it it all after a few seasons. He’s in my supernova team.
He never turned his back on us. He needed to get home to help his sick Dad but wanted to come back. s**t happened and he did not.
No way Fraser Brown ahead of him.

He never turned his back on us. He needed to get home to help his sick Dad but wanted to come back. sh*t happened and he did not.
No way Fraser Brown ahead of him.
I came here for abuse and all I get is an argument. Power on footyfan1978

Also rans

English Hall V. Waite

Austin Sexton Alvin

Crane Robertson Quirk

Keogh Whitnall Meldrum

Busustow Fevola Gleeson

Fitzpatrick Serge Silvagni Gallagher

Glascott Hanna

We’re still going strong and there’s The Buzz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am burying it next, so no one else can find it.
True story. They’re always true stories when I talk about my mum.

My mum could talk the legs off a table. That’s why I’m so quiet. It was pretty tough to get a word in edgewise.

For many years she was a well known person at Carlton and, like the queen, treated all her subjects equally and with respect. A fellow Carlton supporter that she often chatted with talked about her nephew from WA who was a pretty good footballer. I’ll give you three guesses.😉

Even crazier good. Some defenders in those times would tremble in fear at prospect of how many goals a Ablett or Carey would kick on them. Over 15 goals was probably combined. For SOS though, just one! One! Amazing.
He's probably still pissed off about it.

Back