Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke was an absolute ripper..I have never seen a more courageous player in my time watching footy, it was the fearlessness in going for the ball back with the flight, the angles and body positions he would take marks, either in packs or running back or in flight was something to behold... Vice like hands and a superb running half back was a rock down back, a b&f winner who’s record in finals and GF’s were second to none...
Took plenty of freakish marks in his career and won mark of the year in 83 against Richmond in the GF rematch with another insanely brave mark going back with the flight, unfortunately hurt his hip and was restricted after that and physically never the same player...
Something that some might not know before coming to Carlton he was runner up in the B&F three years in a row to the great Graeme Moss at Claremont, also had his jaw broken on three separate occasions playing in that time..
Kenny...

This bloke was an absolute ripper..I have never seen a more courageous player in my time watching footy, it was the fearlessness in going for the ball back with the flight, the angles and body positions he would take marks, either in packs or running back or in flight was something to behold... Vice like hands and a superb running half back was a rock down back, a b&f winner who’s record in finals and GF’s were second to none...
Took plenty of freakish marks in his career and won mark of the year in 83 against Richmond in the GF rematch with another insanely brave mark going back with the flight, unfortunately hurt his hip and was restricted after that and physically never the same player...
Something that some might not know before coming to Carlton he was runner up in the B&F three years in a row to the great Graeme Moss at Claremont, also had his jaw broken on three separate occasions playing in that time..
Kenny...
We were blessed to have him, what a player. Spot on about his crazy, scary courage. And what was he...? 75kg !!
Went alright on the odd occasion he wandered down forward too. THIS IS A LOVEFEST :D

Could well be along with Robbie Flower the most respected player ever!!

We were blessed to have him, what a player. Spot on about his crazy, scary courage. And what was he...? 75kg !!
Went alright on the odd occasion he wandered down forward too. THIS IS A LOVEFEST :D

Very blessed, great respect for Flower was a gun, Wanganeen another unit that had no fear as well...

great comparison, robbie one of the few I'd select to carry kenny's bag..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say Whitnall had Maclure covered in most areas of the game - talent/skill wise. Not that Maclure was ordinary, just that Whitnall had great inate ability.

What Sellers had in spades was a rare "pied piper" personality. What he did, the rest joined in. As far as off-field goes that is well documented about Maclure. But it applied equally to on-field. Train hard, train well, perform onfield FOR the TEAM. He was all about US.

There are constructive Pied Pipers in footy clubs and destructive Pied Pipers in footy clubs.

Maclure was a very good one, Fevola a very bad one.
Summed up Sellers perfectly!!!
:thumbsu:

Too easy ...

1801320_10152353271493334_3693161007110363489_o.jpg
Hello Aph 😘

I’d like to see mg25 re-order that list.

:p

Am loving mg25's contributions in here.

Great anecdotes, some history lessons and awesome perspective for us younger folk.

I would say what a nice addition mg is to the board but he/she has been a member since 2003! o_O

Now up to 71 posts in 16 years.

At that pace, mg25 will reach HBF's current post tally by the year 34,976*..... By which point HBF should be on 266 million* posts!

*actual extrapolations

Back