Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Poll closed. I will not deny that I was constantly refreshing the page to check no one stuffed this up.....Working is going well
Im on the tools today working for a wealthy caulfield family.
The lady of the house livid cause her cleaning lady didnt show.
Said she is working from home today

;)

Rosscoe

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Can any of the OG's explain why Ron Barassi has not been nominated? did anyone see him play?...Was he more of a coach for us than a player? Curious

Ace It Up

Debutant
Apr 21, 2009
Balla
AFL Club
Carlton
Kouta.

Murph was very good with his deliveries into f50 with pin point passing in his early days. Good club man and was captain for a while as well. However, no match imo against an athletic beast like kouta who could do just about anything on the footy field.
Have always been a staunch Murph fan. Love what he gave the team/club. Sure he would have been better within a better team, whether that been a Carlton team or another side. Unfortunately he seemed to lack that extra 1/2 step that would have taken him from excellent player to elite player - as Kouta did. Kouta for me this one. P.s LOL - Having Murph pic looking at me (right of screen) made me feel a tad uneasy writing this :)

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
Have always been a staunch Murph fan. Love what he gave the team/club. Sure he would have been better within a better team, whether that been a Carlton team or another side. Unfortunately he seemed to lack that extra 1/2 step that would have taken him from excellent player to elite player - as Kouta did. Kouta for me this one. P.s LOL - Having Murph pic looking at me (right of screen) made me feel a tad uneasy writing this :)
From day 1 IMO Murph has been a ripper.
Being a no.1brings huge pressure, just gotta look at Bryce . He struggled early days.
I am biased though as my now 21y/o son loved Murph so much. He wore the No.3 in his junior footy and being bought up in our darkest era
there wasn't much for a 7 y/o to get enthused about. But Murph was a shining light. It was all about Murph.

There were Murph posters, a signed footy that he got at a Family day were we met and chatted with this lovely, shy young boy.
Button badges, wore the same boots.

Thanks Murph, you will go down as a Club Champ and looking forward to seeing you play 300 and that coinciding with the
success nobody deserves more than you.

BTW He has been easily the best of our No.1 picks since the draft started (walsh will zoom past pretty quick though :D)

Last edited:
From day 1 IMO Murph has been a ripper.
Being a no.1brings huge pressure, just gotta look at Bryce . He struggled early days.
I am biased though as my now 21y/o son loved Murph so much. He wore the No.3 in his junior footy and being bought up in our darkest era
there wasn't much for a 7 y/o to get enthused about. But Murph was a shining light. It was all about Murph.

There were Murph posters, a signed footy that he got at a Family day were we met and chatted with this lovely, shy young boy.
Button badges, wore the same boots.

Thanks Murph, you will go down as a Club Champ and looking forward to seeing you play 300 and that coinciding with the
success nobody deserves more than you.
vote or walk.......

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Can any of the OG's explain why Ron Barassi has not been nominated? did anyone see him play?...Was he more of a coach for us than a player? Curious
Was a star at Melbourne, when he crossed to Carlton he was a lot older but was a good player and a great leader. Had one or two best on grounds but he was only our second best Ruck Rover behind Serge. As history shows he was a great coach though.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Barassi came to Carlton in 1965 (around 30 years of age). As a player he was still a force of nature in his first couple of seasons. I think the pressure of being a player/coach started to take a toll during the 1967 season. By 1968 it was all over and he retired from playing during the season. No doubt Ron was a legend as a player and I was lucky enough to see a couple of seasons of Barass and Big Nick turning the Blues into the powerhouse that followed.

Back