Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremias is this the tie-breaker?

I haven't voted either and was going to use my vote in the event of a tie...

As per the previous tie, I'm happy to re-open this one for a few more hours to see if there's a winner.

Not only 2 Carlton all time greats here,
2 AFL all time greats !!
Only ever seen Silvagni beaten twice.
Once by Lockett, then by Cain & the gang.
Here we bid SOS farewell.
History will judge him in the absolute top handful of Blues ever ... well played.

Williams to face Doull ...
Modra tore SOS a new one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the logic for either.

I would have voted for SOS given he had a better (much longer) career.... For Carlton.

Alas I missed the deadline and was unable to break the deadlock. Oh, the shame.
I too failed to submit a vote in time. My Diesel vote would have evened it back up.

Doull and SOS were ranked #3 and #5 in the official Carlton rankings a few years ago, so we're not far off that. And it's even closer when you account for the fact that Nicholls and Jezza were handicapped by a limited number of BFers seeing those earlier eras.

A great showdown, two of the greatest defenders of all time. Both in the AFL TOTC.

Will Doull beat SOS like he did pretty much every other champion he played on? Or will SOS blanket Doull like he did against greats like Carey, Ablett and the great FFs of the 90s? Can SOS sneak forward and kick a few or will Doull run off his man and set up the win?

Stay tuned for the final episode to see who will be crowned Carlton's greatest player* and the greatest Aussie Rules defender in the history of the universe!

*That you have seen. Coz most of us aren't as old as RobR :p

Last edited:
Doull and SOS were ranked #3 and #5 in the official Carlton rankings a few years ago, so we're not far off that. And it's even closer when you account for the fact that Nicholls and Jezza were handicapped by a limited number of BFers seeing those earlier eras.

A great showdown, two of the greatest defenders of all time. Both in the AFL TOTC.

Will Doull beat SOS like he did pretty much every other champion he played on? Or will SOS blanket Doull like he did against greats like Carey, Ablett and the great FFs of the 90s? Can SOS sneak forward and kick a few or will Doull run off his man and set up the win?

Stay tuned for the final episode to see who will be crowned Carlton's greatest player and the greatest Aussie Rules defender in the history of the universe!
You didn't put greatest player you have seen, Big Nick and Jezza were on another level. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.;):cool::)

Back