Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into Williams and Docherty re poor defensive efforts. Showed vision and more or less criticised Teague's defensive game plan. I can't see him as an applicant after what he said. Also, Sam McClure reckons we've approached Chris Newman as an assistant.
I see the opposite. I think he’s jump at the chance.

I see the opposite. I think he’s jump at the chance.
He did a video review with Lloyd and was scathing of the lack of effort by our players. Didn't know whether it was the game plan itself, or the players not understanding it or not wanting to follow it, etc. Called it individual defence as opposed to team defence. Sounded like he knew what he was taking about, and if he gets the job would probably fix our defence up. He would weed out some of our softer/unskilled players who would have to be replaced with harder skillful players, and may put us back about 2 to 3 years.

Got into Williams and Docherty re poor defensive efforts. Showed vision and more or less criticised Teague's defensive game plan. I can't see him as an applicant after what he said. Also, Sam McClure reckons we've approached Chris Newman as an assistant.

He was 100% spot on in everything he said and I doubt that his comments are news to Teague or his fellow band of merry men. It is awful watching the ease by which Carlton allows uncontested marks all over the park from every opposition it plays against - just awful coaching.

Regarding player selection or selection integrity he started hsi response by conveying a lesson he learned the hard wau in Sydney and that was choosing favourites who aren't performing - he suggested it is failed leadership and sends a poor message to the whole list regarding accountability for on field performance.

Nothinhg Lyon said hasn't be said on here by total amatuers.

Good on Brown for saying it as it is, extremely refreshing and what Zac needed to hear 10/10.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Agreed at the time. He said they left 100 pieces of footage on the cutting room floor of a lazy Williams. That is alarming.

Footy Classified just said they went through the game and found all that footage and came up with the exact same footage The Couch used. So where is this 100 piece of footage and believe me they would have show it, just imedia BS. And can’t believe I fell for it and Brown one of my favourites said it.

Not saying Williams has played well the opposite in fact. But the couching panel will know and if he has in fact multiple footage of lazy play he will be dropped or at the least taken to task.

Same old excuses....
What excuse? Your hard on for hating SPS is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen from any supporter. Ever. It's also hilarious that my comments on him are somehow a reflection of SPS and making excuses like that somehow impacts him. Get a grip, look at the stats and use your noggin.

Agreed at the time. He said they left 100 pieces of footage on the cutting room floor of a lazy Williams. That is alarming.

Footy Classified just said they went through the game and found all that footage and came up with the exact same footage The Couch used. So where is this 100 piece of footage and believe me they would have show it, just imedia BS. And can’t believe I fell for it and Brown one of my favourites said it.

Not saying Williams has played well the opposite in fact. But the couching panel will know and if he has in fact multiple footage of lazy play he will be dropped or at the least taken to task.
Jonathan Brown was referring to the season for Williams ‘100 pieces’. The crux of it all was Williams took the big money, with that comes expectations on effort and fitness; both areas he has been underwhelming in.

The spray was wholly justified, not sure why posters are trying to pull apart the minor details. Maybe it's the rocket that pushes him back into form? I hope it is.

What excuse? Your hard on for hating SPS is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen from any supporter. Ever. It's also hilarious that my comments on him are somehow a reflection of SPS and making excuses like that somehow impacts him. Get a grip, look at the stats and use your noggin.
The blind faith that you and a few others have in SPS is equally embarrassing. The guy hasn't played AFL for six weeks for many reasons and yet you seem to know better. If or when he is back in and warrants staying in the team then I will support him.

The blind faith that you and a few others have in SPS is equally embarrassing. The guy hasn't played AFL for six weeks for many reasons and yet you seem to know better. If or when he is back in and warrants staying in the team then I will support him.

LOL. You think selection integrity is a strong trait of our current match committee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love some of those reserves reports.

Willo - Needs to be more proactive in the gap he gives his man (yikes)

Cotts - Needs to get forward more, is to biased towards getting back and defending

Couldn't agree more hence why SPS is currently not in the team !
I tell you what Stamos let's call a truce. I think most of what you post is rubbish and you clearly think the same of me. I think SPS isn't getting a game for obvious reasons as do the club but you think otherwise. You ignore me and I'll ignore you and we move on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back