Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like Hammil has been listening to your favourite Eminem song
“Success is my only motherfu**en option, failure’s not”
surprised how much I liked eminem - great group......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That post from Doc puts everything into perspective. That’s what bravery looks like. It humbles me not only as a supporter, but a fellow human to see a photo of him during his battle. My hopes that he overcomes his current challenges to live a long and joyful life.

Loved Doc's post..and that others are getting around him. Saw a post from Tuohy that he'll be shaving his head with the boys. The whole Doc situation definitely puts things into perspective.

The fundraiser is flying too, I'm sure some have already donated and mods delete if not allowed but here's a link to the very worthy cause: https://fundraise.petermac.org.au/samdocherty

Loved Doc's post..and that others are getting around him. Saw a post from Tuohy that he'll be shaving his head with the boys. The whole Doc situation definitely puts things into perspective.

The fundraiser is flying too, I'm sure some have already donated and mods delete if not allowed but here's a link to the very worthy cause: https://fundraise.petermac.org.au/samdocherty
I donated yesterday.
What an amazing amount of money raised so far.

Looking back Simpson and Curnow would have made great Captains.
I've said right from the beginning back when everyone was nominating Judd to be captain (in 2008), that Simpson was the better choice:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't believe Judd should be captain.

He's played zero games for us, hasn't done anything on the field for us... and it may even put that little more pressure on him he doesn't need. The bloke has just moved from WA and into a new club, sheesh, let him settle down a little bit. Sure, he's one of the best players in the league but he has to prove himself in our jumper first.

What about the players who have worked their arses off and have shown enough to be captain material, and have been at the club for a while now... Stevens or Simpson for example? I say give Judd some time to settle ON THE FIELD first, get him to strut his stuff and actually get him to prove himself on the field in a Carlton jumper first.

Give Simpson the job I reckon. Courageous, very skilled, usually consistent, has shown plenty of leadership for our club when he was stand-in captain and lead by example. I understand why everyone is so jumpy about Judd, but I think it's a little premature.

People are also failing to remember what kind of burden the captaincy might put on Judd. I'd rather see him just play and not be bothered, if he can concentrate more on his game then that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back