Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
" The report was made by fellow Channel 7 reporter Tom Browne on Monday night, who linked Carlton and North Melbourne to the Lions star and suggested that Cameron would be willing to move if a contract extension canā€™t be worked out with Brisbane. "

" The report was made by fellow Channel 7 reporter Tom Browne on Monday night, who linked Carlton and North Melbourne to the Lions star and suggested that Cameron would be willing to move if a contract extension canā€™t be worked out with Brisbane. "

Ah well if it came from that absolute journalistic legend in Tom Browne must be true.

I look at the lineup for the football show that 9 run on Sunday morning - what a really sad bunch
I dont bother with any show apart from Offsiders on ABC.
Mangarook was good
I have the game commentary on 7 and fox on mute, everytime they mention their "expert commentary team" on Seven , I get excited thinking that they have got a new team in .......
As for Caro - hates Carlton and is intimidated by SOS and isnt skillful enough to get over it.

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Loved Mangarook great fun show real shame itā€™s no more, donā€™t mind On the Couch they generally cover everything on topic as well as giving fairly good opinions on all clubs, games and general state of the game...
Caro has a bee in her bonnet with a few things connected with us, weā€™ll have the last laugh...

has a bee in her bonnet = has an opinion about all clubs including ours..............

She doesn't spread her views around equally Thy. I know you are an advocate for female participants at all levels of AFL football, but you can't suggest that none of them have clubs they seem to target more than others. Kane Cornes is another who goes after Carlton disproportionately. Some journos gives us a good run and go after others. It's not a bad thing to comment on it.

True,

In fact I'm not that fussed if we get any recognition. The meedya are dull and sycophants mostly. Better analysis on here and some social media options. Sad that the Carlton Show is no more, but the "footy shows" esp fox are very self serving. Have a look at the ad on fox with Hill as a DJ. What a crock, as if anyone watches those show because of the "fox footy team" and don't get me started on the match day commentary.:mad:

We got a few kudos from a couple of the shows . Thought it was fair .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro definitely doesn't like SOS. She showed it after the Trigg sacking, suggesting SOS had too much power at the club. She showed it again after it came to a head with Liddle, who she was never going to bag as a former Tigers man.

has a bee in her bonnet = has an opinion about all clubs including ours..............
I know she does and understand sheā€™s a media person who has had a long and successful career, anytime sheā€™s had an opinion on us or footy in general that i havenā€™t agreed with itā€™s taken with a grain of salt, but whether you agree or not on the latest comments above she made about the club and SOS on classified, itā€™s a cheap backhander with no merit at all... just my opinion...

She doesn't spread her views around equally Thy. I know you are an advocate for female participants at all levels of AFL football, but you can't suggest that none of them have clubs they seem to target more than others. Kane Cornes is another who goes after Carlton disproportionately. Some journos gives us a good run and go after others. It's not a bad thing to comment on it.
why is she never cited when she speaks positively about us? and please don't say it's because she doesn't - they all do - lloyd, cornes, rusell, robbo - all these so-called carlton haters have as much positive stuff to say as negative - most of the negative stuff has been pretty well deserved over the past decade btw

why is she never cited when she speaks positively about us? and please don't say it's because she doesn't - they all do - lloyd, cornes, rusell, robbo - all these so-called carlton haters have as much positive stuff to say as negative - most of the negative stuff has been pretty well deserved over the past decade btw

Feel free to quote them Thy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. The Carlton 'hate' is a fallacy. The media reporting HAS been disproportionately negative over the years because we HAVE been monumentally s**t over the same period.
Some people here have to start wearing their big boy and big girl pants me thinks and harden up.

wait - did you just support me.............supporting caro? well, did you? well? well?

I am a supporter of truth and common sense Thy.. šŸ˜†

For example..It makes me laugh that some posters will play the 'OMG commentators are soooooo biased' line, yet conveniently turn a blind eye when Daisy Thomas openly barracks for the Blues in a Media box.. lol.

AFL hate Carlton..
Media hate Carlton..
Umpires hate Carlton..
Commentators hate Carlton..
Every out of contract player wants to play for Carlton..

vvv-2.gif

Spot on. The Carlton 'hate' is a fallacy. The media reporting HAS been disproportionately negative over the years because we HAVE been monumentally sh*t over the same period.
Some people here have to start wearing their big boy and big girl pants me thinks and harden up.

I remember at the start of 2012 when we won the first 3 games in a row, everyone in the media was tripping over themselves to declare the Blues as the flag favourites, how Ratten was a genius, etc.

As with any of the other big Vic teams, the media will sensationalize both the good and the bad because its better for their ratings. It's just that we've been more bad then good by far the last decade. Once we're back in finals prepare for a huge amount of positive coverage.

No.What a pointless exercise. Listen to any call, watch any game, catch any review show, read any article. Disappointing to see a great mod playing the "poor us" card.

Speaking of disappointing ... the great mod playing the poor us card? That's what you reduce it down to?

I hold an opinion that Caro developed a personal animosity towards Silvagni after the Trigg sacking, having been a friend of Trigg. She mentioned on a few occasions about SOS having too much power at the club. Lo and behold, Liddle comes in and sacks him and she still blames our failure to launch on the departed Silvagni.

I note those actual things that actually happened, and you reduce it to a mod playing the 'poor us' card.

Supporters the world over criticise players, administrators, journalists, fellow supporters, coaches you name it, because sport is all about passion, and some want to censor that sort of discussion and reduce it to tantrum taking, sooking and needing to pull up their big boy pants.

I'd probably find this sort of upstream posting a little bullying, if I wasn't so loathe to be dismissive and label it.

I am a supporter of truth and common sense Thy.. šŸ˜†

For example..It makes me laugh that some posters will play the 'OMG commentators are soooooo biased' line, yet conveniently turn a blind eye when Daisy Thomas openly barracks for the Blues in a Media box.. lol.

AFL hate Carlton..
Media hate Carlton..
Umpires hate Carlton..
Commentators hate Carlton..
Every out of contract player wants to play for Carlton..

View attachment 903572

It doesn't happen like that though. Posters posted about Daisy in the box. Posters acknowledge that Eddie McGuire seems to barrack for us as the old rival when he commentates.

We all knew that Ian Robertson was hopelessly one eyed towards us.

People notice those who go easy on us and those who are usually hard on us.

I'm not sure that supporters are in one group or the other. It's fairly anecdotal.

It doesn't happen like that though. Posters posted about Daisy in the box. Posters acknowledge that Eddie McGuire seems to barrack for us as the old rival when he commentates.

We all knew that Ian Robertson was hopelessly one eyed towards us.

People notice those who go easy on us and those who are usually hard on us.

I'm not sure that supporters are in one group or the other. It's fairly anecdotal.

Have a look, a real look at some of the shite that gets posted in the matchday threads, have a read through some of the rubbish sprouted by posters that mind you, are in positions where they should know better, that bag every single footy journo, media rep or industry commentator in the business. Read some of the utter crap posters put up about AFL bias and hate towards Carlton.

Love your work TODN, but I would argue that even taking into account the percentage of posts that are 'spur of the moment' or emotionally charged, it's far from anectodal.

Its embarrassing actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back