Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane Cornes has stopped writing about Carlton the past two weeks.

Wonder why ?

Talk about your Textbook arsehole.

He is a paid troll masquerading as a journalist, the fact so many Port Adelaide fans also dislike him, which speaks volumes of Kornes character (or lack thereof)
Utter garbage.

btw, I'm not targeting specific posters for belting media - I focus on anyone and everyone who believe there are agendas against us - all of you, all of you.....

You shuddup though ....

Kane Cornes has stopped writing about Carlton the past two weeks.

Wonder why ?

Talk about your Textbook arsehole.

He is a paid troll masquerading as a journalist, the fact so many Port Adelaide fans also dislike him, which speaks volumes of Kornes character (or lack thereof)
Look, I don't disagree with you Elmer. Just, why do you follow the dickhead? Why read what he writes, watch what he says, listen when he speaks?

You do have the option to turn him off if you feel he's such a vulture, so why don't you? Journalists like him - opinion columnists, of which he's a sporting version - rely on name recognition and following; if you deprive him of clicks/views, he'll eventually be moved on. By discussing him and his point of view, you ensure that he stays around.

I don't follow Dan Liebke because he called me personally a liar on The Roar; I won't listen to content with him on it, read articles he writes. I'm not going to subsidize his further insulting other people. You have power; not much, but you do. Every time you make a choice online and decide what look at, the advertisers and the editors are watching.

Last edited:

Not happy Dan. An unknown number of Carlton players in Victorian Coronavirus hotspots required to move to new accommodation overnight due to the NSW Covid-19 rules. How much of an interference will this cause to our preparation with our game tomorrow? Just stinks. Can't see us winning now. Too much to overcome for the players affected by this rule.

Last edited:
Not happy Jan. An unknown number of Carlton players in Victorian Coronavirus hotspots required to move to new accommodation overnight due to the NSW Covid-19 rules. How much of an interference will this cause to our preparation with our game tomorrow? Just stinks. Can't see us winning now. Too much to overcome for the players affected by this rule.

Joking right?

Not happy Jan. An unknown number of Carlton players in Victorian Coronavirus hotspots required to move to new accommodation overnight due to the NSW Covid-19 rules. How much of an interference will this cause to our preparation with our game tomorrow? Just stinks. Can't see us winning now. Too much to overcome for the players affected by this rule.

I don't think we have too many?

According to this article the Bulldogs/Essendon/North will be impacted more.

I would think the impact would be less than 0.5%

Even if it's 1 or 2 of our players, they have to find alternative accommodation before 12 midnight tonight, or they'll be banned from travelling to NSW for any future games there during the NSW restricted period. Will cause an unexpected problem for our preparation for tomorrow nights game.

Not happy Dan. An unknown number of Carlton players in Victorian Coronavirus hotspots required to move to new accommodation overnight due to the NSW Covid-19 rules. How much of an interference will this cause to our preparation with our game tomorrow? Just stinks. Can't see us winning now. Too much to overcome for the players affected by this rule.
please......

I have a spare bedroom oh and did I mention Bay views! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

106296988_3056009967786788_7619702215609265063_o.jpg

Have a look, a real look at some of the sh*te that gets posted in the matchday threads, have a read through some of the rubbish sprouted by posters that mind you, are in positions where they should know better, that bag every single footy journo, media rep or industry commentator in the business. Read some of the utter crap posters put up about AFL bias and hate towards Carlton.

Love your work TODN, but I would argue that even taking into account the percentage of posts that are 'spur of the moment' or emotionally charged, it's far from anectodal.

Its embarrassing actually.
You rang?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff we all know.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stuff we all know.

I don't know quite about that. There's a few things worth isolating from that article.

The kick to handball ratio might be something we thought, but it's useful to know this rather than relying solely on our eyes. It'd be useful to see this stat in conjunction with metres gained, as one would think that an improved kick/handball ratio would result in more metres gained, how many more being a real indication of scoring.

The 188 inside 50's stat - as well as it being 3rd best in the comp, behind Port and Brisbane - is also useful to know, but the tone of the article gets a bit in the way here. In the desire to stay optimistic, he's left of the statistic which truly matters from this, scoring conversion from inside 50's. He's done this a few times, and I wish more stats based articles looked to viewing teams properly across the board; as I recall, we only score from 41% of entries, and I don't know where that sits comp wide.

Still, I like more alternatives to mainstream footy media, and I'd appreciate more stuff along these lines rather than simple player interviews and repetition.

I don't know quite about that. There's a few things worth isolating from that article.

The kick to handball ratio might be something we thought, but it's useful to know this rather than relying solely on our eyes. It'd be useful to see this stat in conjunction with metres gained, as one would think that an improved kick/handball ratio would result in more metres gained, how many more being a real indication of scoring.

The 188 inside 50's stat - as well as it being 3rd best in the comp, behind Port and Brisbane - is also useful to know, but the tone of the article gets a bit in the way here. In the desire to stay optimistic, he's left of the statistic which truly matters from this, scoring conversion from inside 50's. He's done this a few times, and I wish more stats based articles looked to viewing teams properly across the board; as I recall, we only score from 41% of entries, and I don't know where that sits comp wide.

Still, I like more alternatives to mainstream footy media, and I'd appreciate more stuff along these lines rather than simple player interviews and repetition.
Seems like a guy who would welcome suggestions.

What ever happened to the old forum footy matches played once a year in the off season?

I remember the old Blue View / Talking Carlton forum games against opposition team forums, they were a great way to catch up and have some fun.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back