Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
why bf doesn't have a weather widget is beyond me............that's right, widget.........

Bit early, but I'll have mine in a can - I pretend it's coffee during my zoom calls.
1602628494878.png

jezza25

All Australian
Oct 2, 2008
Torquay
AFL Club
Carlton
Don’t know where to put this mods so I apologise in advance and feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread. We have a very nice size 3 sherrin footy from when my son was a little tacker. He’s now 22.
Has anyone here got a little fella that would like this ? I’ll happily send it if someone wants it. It does have some signatures on it but have no idea who’s.
Cheers guys
Go blues !

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Cripps willing to re-sign is good on the one hand but why would you give up your free agency right, the biggest card a footballer has in a salary negotiation, unless you are cooked. The loss of pace this season is concerning...hope it is not permanent
Michael, why so sad? Portent of failure seems to drive your conversation.

Don’t know where to put this mods so I apologise in advance and feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread. We have a very nice size 3 sherrin footy from when my son was a little tacker. He’s now 22.
Has anyone here got a little fella that would like this ? I’ll happily send it if someone wants it. It does have some signatures on it but have no idea who’s.
Cheers guys
Go blues !
Lovely offer but wouldn't it be a nice thing to hang onto?

navybluesince75

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
A couple of not very subtle implications by SOS in his radio interview this morning, especially relating to Cain Liddle and Brandon Ellis

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Maybe it's not about doing favours, maybe it's about doing what's right.
Done the right thing. I been feeling in real limbo in recent months about the club and what is going on from last year to this, with a lot of things I question the official version the club ran with. Now, I am no longer in limbo. Club needs to make changes and take ownerships of the mistakes it been making.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Exactly. SOS steps out of the room, comes back and is told "Hey mate we're delisting Ben and trading Jack, sign off here pls". Was never going to work.
Liddell sits down with SOS in a exit meeting face to face and gives him the reason why they are not going to renew him, fair enough if that’s what you think then that’s what I’d like you too tell the public/industry why...
Im not saying there weren’t possible conflicts and rumbling between parties but it appears that the explanation and word of why he was departing was fabricated in a completely different way... How would you think that impact on you and your family, not well...

Last edited:

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
This interview reminded me of when The Footy Show handed Fev a mic at the Brownlow, and let him hang himself for their their own ratings.

Gary and Tim played on his emotions there, and were scrambling to give him more rope to hang himself as well as the club.

Not SOSs finest hour there.I hope the club acknowledge it only to say they won't be making comment.
Great interview well balanced responses, matter of time before his deserved response on what happened with his departure from his point of view

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Just not sure how SOS going on air and essentially parroting Dodoro rhetoric helps the club...
For starters, it probably explains why Ellis’s manager openly criticised CFC for amateurish and contradictory mixed messaging given to prospective recruits last year. Clearly that needs to change. Recognition precedes change. Discussion affirms recognition.

BTW SOS didn’t appear to be parroting anyone; least of all Dodoro. What aspect of SOS‘s discussion reminded you of Dodoro?

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I find it quite funny!

I told you all this stuff 4 months ago, (go back through my post history and listen to what sos said today) almost verbatim.

The other thing I told you 2 months ago was GWS considering matching. I couldn't let slip about JC because it would have given me away.

I got abused by 70% of you.

Makes me reticent to share info, I'm sure others feel the same way
I've gone through your posting history, and seen nothing on Silvagni or Liddle. Perhaps you could find the comments you made, seeing as you're claiming to being prescient.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I find it quite funny!

I told you all this stuff 4 months ago, (go back through my post history and listen to what sos said today) almost verbatim.

The other thing I told you 2 months ago was GWS considering matching. I couldn't let slip about JC because it would have given me away.

I got abused by 70% of you.

Makes me reticent to share info, I'm sure others feel the same way

Name them. :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back