Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but here are photos from the season launch (which I missed due to illness) on Monday.

What do you notice about the foto’s of Matthew Kennedy & the 2 families that now sponsor him? The foto of the dad & his son with him who’ve sponsored players the last 7 years or the other family who have been sponsoring players I think he said 17 years? What can you tell me about their foto ?

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but here are photos from the season launch (which I missed due to illness) on Monday.

6 pages of em? far out........

What do you notice about the foto’s of Matthew Kennedy & the 2 families that now sponsor him? The foto of the dad & his son with him who’ve sponsored players the last 7 years or the other family who have been sponsoring players I think he said 17 years? What can you tell me about their foto ?
Do ya wanna post the pics? im not that keen to wade through pages to find em.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do ya wanna post the pics? im not that keen to wade through pages to find em.

Sorry - that was my point - they aint there...i got my ‘thanks for attending’ email - heres the link to your foto’s..go thru the foto’s to look at who’s who at the functions & found nothing.

Sorry - that was my point - they aint there...i got my ‘thanks for attending’ email - heres the link to your foto’s..go thru the foto’s to look at who’s who at the functions & found nothing.
Well that's a shame for you because that weird lady with the sunnies got a ton of photos. Maybe wear some next time.
Geez I found those photos excruciating.
Players with arms around a ton of people they don't know...and what about covid measures? None!
If I sponsored a player, I'd pay them the courtesy of not having to spend time with me just because I had some money to help them.
(Controversial post...I know. Not meaning to offend. Just my take.)

Well that's a shame for you because that weird lady with the sunnies got a ton of photos. Maybe wear some next time.
Players with arms around a ton of people they don't know...and what about covid measures? None!
If I sponsored a player, I'd pay them the courtesy of not having to spend time with me just because I had some money to help them.
You’d be surprised - the players for the most part do like their sponsors - over the years they become a friendly face in the crowd who has stood by them thru wins or losses. They get sponsored as relative ‘kids’ coming to the club & can form a friendship as they go thru their careers, girlfriends, weddings, kids etc. they more than most understand the fan mentality of those who want to slap em on the back & get a foto after a win but spit bile filled anger over the fence at them when they lose. they also understand that for most of us sponsors its money we have put aside to be more a part of our club, sometimes money we can’t afford or really justify but we still do it to be a part of something. That’s my situation right now after my landlord screwed me & the business I was running After 11 years as a tenant.

You’d be surprised - the players for the most part do like their sponsors - over the years they become a friendly face in the crowd who has stood by them thru wins or losses. They get sponsored as relative ‘kids’ coming to the club & can form a friendship as they go thru their careers, girlfriends, weddings, kids etc. they more than most understand the fan mentality of those who want to slap em on the back & get a foto after a win but spit bile filled anger over the fence at them when they lose. they also understand that for most of us sponsors its money we have put aside to be more a part of our club, sometimes money we can’t afford or really justify but we still do it to be a part of something. That’s my situation right now after my landlord screwed me & the business I was running After 11 years as a tenant.
I get that.
Fair enough.
I like the idea of just giving without 'buying' a players time. Nothing back on a personal level. Save the money from functions and photo ops and redirect it to each sponsored player. Something about it makes me uncomfortable. As I said it's just my take. And let's be frank..they don't need sponsors for emotional support do they? Parents, friends, family... they are the real 'thick and thin' ones surely?
These nights are about gratification for sponsors aren't they? Wanting something for your investment?

Each to their own. Kids love seeing their heroes close up. Some people wanna give a bit more and enjoy the celebrity aspect of it. I've seen grown men reduced to open-mouthed statues when AFL players are in vicinity. The funniest ones are the sycophants who try to pretend they're best mates with Crippa.

That's the reason I didn't go. Felt a bit off with a headache and sniffles. I'd also attended a wedding the day before.

First time sponsoring a player. Was excited to go and actually meet everyone. Bit of a big deal for me.

I just figured it wasn't worth the risk. Imagine the whole club having to isolate....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh right, maybe just follow up with a where are the photos email. They would still have them on hand you'd think.
Sorry to hear about your financial hardships mate, sure has been tough times. I hope this year provides some reward and relief for you and yours.

Story in todays age regarding Ken Hunter wanting to have his brain tested for CTE after he dies. Hoping that someone might be able to post it.
This is why robbo is probably right and not being a whatever the blue tinted glasses are calling him for the Williams article.. Ultimately he's right. The afl is horribke with concussion and needs to do better. This time it's someone from our club that is in the wrong. I'd bet if a saints player did the exact same thing to Williams there'd be calls for their suspension.

This is why robbo is probably right and not being a whatever the blue tinted glasses are calling him for the Williams article.. Ultimately he's right. The afl is horribke with concussion and needs to do better. This time it's someone from our club that is in the wrong. I'd bet if a saints player did the exact same thing to Williams there'd be calls for their suspension.
The game has changed a lot rules wise since Ken played, A large % of past players will most likely show CTE.

How to stop head high contact or Ground impact from tackles when you have players from 2.2 meters to 170 cm's that is the real issue.

in this case the players feet left the ground and High contact was made, I remember the same happening to one of our own 2019? the Howls on here were deafening.

Levi was at the game last night. Would have stopped and had his photo taken with at least a dozen fans when I saw him. Took a nice photo of him with my daughter. Ripper bloke. I asked how his knee was and he said he’d be good to go against the tigs.

Cas is a top bloke - humble - genuine!

Even if he not injured he only a fringe player to get in 22 now.
Damn, didn't know that someone who averages 20 touches at 75% disposal efficiency, with 4.2 rebound 50s, over 400m gained, 5.2 intercept possessions, 4.1 ground ball gets, 3.3 tackles, 13.3 pressure acts, 5.5 marks and 3.4 score involvements per game is a 'fringe player'.

Newman is 100% part of our back 7 when he gets over his knee injury.

Last edited:
Damn, didn't know that someone who averages 20 touches at 75% disposal efficiency, with 4.2 rebound 50s, over 400m gained, 5.2 intercept possessions, 4.1 ground ball gets, 3.3 tackles, 13.3 pressure acts, 5.5 marks and 3.4 score involvements per game is a 'fringe player'.

Newman is 100% part of the back 7 when he gets over his knee injury.
He not played for yonks and never been a good enough scorer in fantasy football to be banking your hopes on.
That was the context of my reply. He certainly in the running for our team when fit but he is not lock so he not what a fantasy football coach really needs which I'm certain is why the poster was asking about him.

He certainly in the running for our team when fit but he is not lock so he not what a fantasy football coach really needs which I'm certain is why the poster was asking about him.
Regardless of him being a poor fantasy option or not, you called him a 'fringe player'. I then pulled up his stats, which clearly didn't go in your favour.

Fantasy scoring has nothing to do with you bagging him as a player.
Even if he not injured he only a fringe player to get in 22 now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back