Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

she's a gun sports journo
Used to be good but not now IMO

Like most now it’s about getting anything out to create a response rather than research or truth.
She doesn't have as many contacts within the industry as she used to & this is why some of her recent stuff is somewhat hit & miss.

She didn't see the appointment of Cain Liddle coming, even though we poached him from her beloved Tigers. Once upon a time she would have been all over such an appointment well before anyone else.

Whateley was once unique, despite not always agreeing with his sentiment

Now he has become common like the majority of the sycophants within the media

Paul Keating got it right with this quote about Richard carleton. Substitute wateley for carleton and it fits just as well.

"You had an important place in Australian society on the ABC and you gave it up to be a pop star…with a big cheque…and now you're on to this sort of stuff. That shows what a 24 carat pissant you are, Richard, that's for sure."

Well you can partially blame me. :p Posted about Plowman in the wrong thread (have already requested mods to move) and a number of posters have followed up.

Dragged it over here RF

I know interactions flow and will always go in different directions, we are all guilty of that, but I was more puzzled by the singling out of posters that have healthy, differing opinions

All of us will err when it comes to rating players, but it is easy to have a crack at someone, when you don't have an opinion yourself

None of this is directed at you, as I see you as a balanced poster

She doesn't have as many contacts within the industry as she used to & this is why some of her recent stuff is somewhat hit & miss.

She didn't see the appointment of Cain Liddle coming, even though we poached him from her beloved Tigers. Once upon a time she would have been all over such an appointment well before anyone else.

Loves a good vendetta does Caro. Clearly had some sort of friendship with Trigg and went after MLG and SOS after his departure. The Blues membership growth is the answer to your question Caro.

Thoughts on KB and the Doc?? ‘Whats your favorite 90s comedy movie?’ No one more painful than these 2 imo

SEN has run out of ideas and all these top 10's are stomach-churning and don't start me on the bald team of the century stuff.
It's clear they desperately require the AFL to come to life before they're relevant in any way at all, again.

The station is nothing without the AFL but even then, they're doing it the wrong way.
I guess they can't fill AFL content 24 hours a day, but all the other stuff is really largely no more than filler.

In regards to the question about Whateley with Kennett:
Whateley was angling for a 'misogynist' call on Kennett when discussing womens football.
Kennett turned the spotlight on Whateley and he buckled and came off sounding like an A-Grade fool.
Worth a listen if one can find it, but not sure SEN would have retained that podcast. Almost the end of Whateley before he really even started.

Loves a good vendetta does Caro. Clearly had some sort of friendship with Trigg and went after MLG and SOS after his departure. The Blues membership growth is the answer to your question Caro.

Even I can't fault MLG in the way we set up administering the appointment of our new coach, but now he...he's somehow to blame should things go awry.

Very happy that board and some vocal non-board members have removed themselves from the spotlight to a large degree.
Some egos don't allow that to come about, given the free time afforded to the club from directors but so far, so good from the CFC.

Give me Liddle. Give me LLoyd. Give me Russell and Bolton, but don't give me Jeannie or MLG any more....and please not Mathieson.
They haven't the aura of a Kennett or McGuire and whether we like it or not, that counts.

Thoughts on KB and the Doc?? ‘Whats your favorite 90s comedy movie?’ No one more painful than these 2 imo
Worst decision ever to team "Dr Turf" up with KB painful to listen too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to sit next to Whateley at a Carlton function a few years ago where he was MC. Tried to have a conversation and gave me doughnuts. Have sat at functions with others who have MC'ed or other official duties and everyone else at least tried to be nice.
Similar experience in a less formal environment. So far up his own ass hole.

I take your Lyon and Watson and raise you with BT and Darcy ..... there simply can't be any worse duo in the Australian media - biased and brainless.
Riewoldt on his own is worse than any duo going around. Has settled a bit after his coffee date with Bolts, but there were stages where his anti Blue sentiment was intolerable.

Last edited:
I take your Lyon and Watson and raise you with BT and Darcy ..... there simply can't be any worse duo in the Australian media - biased and brainless.

Got me, Luke Darcy is just an AFL mouthpiece who can see no wrong with what they are on about. Fair enough they feed his family, but having to listen to him this morning say that it was great that the runners were not allowed onto the field unless a goal is kick and then for only 30 odd seconds.

How the hell would he or BT for that fact have survived in their careers if they didn't have the runner come out to them and give instructions, mark ball, kick ball between big white posts, jump off ground, punch ball?

Don’t forget that Andy Maher sat next to Tim Watson for a few years on the breakfast shift on SEN and let him sprout any bullshit he liked about Essendon during the Performance Enhancing Drugs Scandal.

Maher is just agreeable and maybe a bit of a sycophant, but his aim seems to be coming from the right place, even when he gets it wrong as he did when becoming Watsons head-bobbler through that Essendon saga.

Lot worse than Maher around. He's like a dopey friend that's easy to forgive. Watson, Lyon and Whateley are on a completely different 'sincerity' level.

Even I can't fault MLG in the way we set up administering the appointment of our new coach, but now he...he's somehow to blame should things go awry.

Very happy that board and some vocal non-board members have removed themselves from the spotlight to a large degree.
Some egos don't allow that to come about, given the free time afforded to the club from directors but so far, so good from the CFC.

Give me Liddle. Give me LLoyd. Give me Russell and Bolton, but don't give me Jeannie or MLG any more....and please not Mathieson.
They haven't the aura of a Kennett or McGuire and whether we like it or not, that counts.
Especially no Mathieson jnr or snr the further the better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back