Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to put this but FMD can we get the ******* number of ads pruned on this ******* site.

It's impossible for me to scroll, read or type any ******* thing without opening another window or clicking on a ******* site I'm not interested. I

It's physically impossible for me to scroll past some vid without accidentally opening it.

It's a ******* joke .

Especially if it's a dating site then nekminnut you have 100 spam emails trying to hook you up ..Not a good look if your married..like you said its a ****** joke

I don't know where to put this but FMD can we get the ******* number of ads pruned on this ******* site.

It's impossible for me to scroll, read or type any ******* thing without opening another window or clicking on a ******* site I'm not interested. I

It's physically impossible for me to scroll past some vid without accidentally opening it.

It's a ******* joke .
I use an https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades. Don't get any at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to Sam Mitchell on SEN before the game. They asked him about the influence of coaches and mentioned Ratten.

Mitchell said he'd learnt more from Ratts than any other coach. Said he was stiff to lose the Carlton job and that nobody sees the game like he does.

Said its the main reason he wouldn't take a senior role straight away , it's impossible to know enough coming straight from playing.

Also said there's absolutely no doubt that Ratten will get another senior gig.

Listened to Sam Mitchell on SEN before the game. They asked him about the influence of coaches and mentioned Ratten.

Mitchell said he'd learnt more from Ratts than any other coach. Said he was stiff to lose the Carlton job and that nobody sees the game like he does.

Said its the main reason he wouldn't take a senior role straight away , it's impossible to know enough coming straight from playing.

Also said there's absolutely no doubt that Ratten will get another senior gig.
That's good to hear. Thanks PM. Hope he does. Liked Ratts

Doesn't surprise me at all. Ratts has always had raps on him as an assistant - at Hawthorn but also at Melbourne before that.

Reckon he will get another go at senior level & prove himself to be a good senior coach also.

Was tracking ok at Carlton, but unfortunately didn't have any support around him. Had an injury ravaged year, the board shat itself and the rest, as they say, is history.

At a more stable club I reckon he could be a really good senior coach now.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Ratts has always had raps on him as an assistant - at Hawthorn but also at Melbourne before that.

Reckon he will get another go at senior level & prove himself to be a good senior coach also.

Was tracking ok at Carlton, but unfortunately didn't have any support around him. Had an injury ravaged year, the board shat itself and the rest, as they say, is history.

At a more stable club I reckon he could be a really good senior coach now.

He was derailed by the Round 5 game against the Drug Cheats in 2012.

No-one in the coaches box could explain the 90 point turn around of these (essentially the same) two teams within 6 months.

For the rest of the season Ratten second guessed himself out of a job.

Ratts turned us from wooden spooners to 1 goal/Marcus Davies brain fade away from a prelim. I loved him as a coach and even more as a player. Single worth decision (team management) the club has made sacking him.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I loved Ratts, but I thought he had taken that list as far as he could. At the time I thought that was a limitation of Ratts, but in hindsight it might have been the list that was limited.
I thought it was the best decision at the time to move forward. I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong, but it set us on our current path and wouldn't take it back for fear of not having Cripps and all our current young players coming through AND of course Bolts.

I loved Ratts, but I thought he had taken that list as far as he could. At the time I thought that was a limitation of Ratts, but in hindsight it might have been the list that was limited.
I thought it was the best decision at the time to move forward. I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong, but it set us on our current path and wouldn't take it back for fear of not having Cripps and all our current young players coming through AND of course Bolts.
It was a limited list. Some good high end talent, but the bottom end of our best 22 was very ordinary. Unfortunately the footy media & some of the powerbrokers at Carlton made so much noise during the 2012 season that Ratts became a dead coach walking. His sacking set the club back 2-3 years.

I disagree. I don't think it was the wrong decision to sack Ratten - it was the wrong decision to recruit Malthouse. They were two separate decisions.

In 2012 I think Ratten started to lose the plot and frankly, in media conferences at least who spoke a lot of gibberish and my understanding was it wasn't much different with the players

He may be a great football brain and work well one on one with players such as Mitchell but that doesn't mean he was or will be a great coach

It's a bit like the corporate world. You may have a great idea but it's another thing to create a successful business .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back