Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maltboyis from the filth and did not give a rats about the blues wellbeing. The only thing Mick worried about was his next contract and tried to hold us at ransom ..
Interesting timing. For anyone up in the Albury Wodonga region Mick Malthouse is in Albury next Thursday doing a presentation on team building/leadership on behalf of Latrobe uni. The evening is free. Think its at the MAMA museum in Albury.

Can someone tell me the gen admission prices for the Gabba i don't know where to look .Going to watch the blues for the first time on the 23rd of next month ..
They frown on people throwing their remotes at the ground, just saying it might be better to leave it at home.

Interesting timing. For anyone up in the Albury Wodonga region Mick Malthouse is in Albury next Thursday doing a presentation on team building/leadership on behalf of Latrobe uni. The evening is free. Think its at the MAMA museum in Albury.

They have a Museum of Antiquated Malthouse Arrogance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse Admiration Movement Australasia

Dear user,

Thank you for your online inquiry into the Malthouse Admiration Movement Australasia.

Please be advised that MAMA is no longer in operation. It was disbanded in 2012 amid insufficient member numbers, poor transition planning, negative press coverage and future book launch commitments.

We are also no longer taking member applications for MAMA's successor, the Dedicated Union of McGuire and Buckley Associates with Shitty Succession.

The movement, known as DUMBASS, is expected to be wound up at the end of the year.

Yours Sincerely,

Eggie McDire
Former MAMA President, Secretary and #1 Fan

Last edited:
So i came across this today, which was something i wrote in highschool. I started a Bentick appreciation page of facebook which made its way around the Bullants players at the time, with many of them liking the page. This was the description:

Adam Bentick, the player that never was.

Brendan Fevola leaving Carlton has overshadowed the real story of Adam Bentick being de-listed, as many say the worst decision ever by Carlton. Bentick was always underrated by opponents, teammates, supporters and piers but it is about time that,we, the people recognize how much this player ment to Carlton, and to the world of AFL.

Starting his career at the Cannons, Bentick shone above the rest. In his two years playing for the Cannons, Bentick established himself as a future star of the AFL. Bentick, the captain of the Cannons, single handily, through hardwork, grit and determination, brought the Cannons to a winning flag.

Despite captaining the Cannons to a flag and averaging over 20 possessions a game, Bentick was overlooked as the number one pick in the 2003 national draft. Many saw Bentick as a much better prospect than Adam Cooney and were supprised and bewildered by the WesternBulldogs decision. Then in one of the biggest upsets in the world of sport, Adam Bentick, the prodigy, was overlooked for the entire draft. Bentick was picked by the Carlton Football Club in the 2003preseason and rookie draft, as what some said, the biggest bargain ever in the AFL's history.

Unfazed by the decision, Bentick battled on against the odds to play 5 games in 2004, his first season. As many clubs regretted not picking the star, the Carlton Football Club realised the star that they had picked up.

2005, the season that the world saw the future star within. Bentick, obviously a strategy by the club, kept the star in the reserves as a secret weapon until round 8. For anyone that saw Bentick play in the reserves, they saw the star man-handle opponents as he played on, as a player a step and a half above the rest. Bentick was used in and out of games as a weapon that the club possessed.
Then it happened, Bentick showed his class as he tore apart Collingwoods midfield in round 20 to pick up 34 possessions, a eye catching performance worthy of a rising star nomination. The world had seen the star at his best and wanted more..

Bentick played the first 20 games of 2006 in a breakthrough season, then, obviously as a plan, against the star, was taken out with a shoulder injury.

Supprisingly the Captaincy was not given toAdam, but rather a supprise pick in Chris Judd. Bentick with the league against him and he continued to tear midfields apart alone, had developed into Carltons most important player and the secret to becoming a powerhouse club again. Given the #7 as a sign of respect for the midfielder Bentick was seen as the future of the Carlton Football Club.

Bentick could not do it alone though, and this showed in Carltons performances. Shaking of taggers everyweek and players trying to take him out of the game Bentick courageously played on.Bentick picking up 36 possessions in a career high game and earning brownlow votes, in a 86 point thumping at the hands of the Kangaroos. Bentick though, strove on, and continued at the highest level of performance. Bentick kept his head up, and trained like the champion he was, after time and time again players that did not deserve a game were picked above him. Players like Jordan Bannister and Simon Wiggans often kept Adam out of the team in a shameful display of coaching.

Then came his downfall. A plot by the AFL, Bentick was plagued by injury throughout 2009. Bentick was the missing link in Carltons finals campaign as the club crumbled without him running the show. Making a heroic comeback to play for the Bullants in the grandfinal, Bentick was tagged by as many as 3 players at a time, and was unable to pull his side up to the premiership.
Bentick was de-listed in 2009. Playing only 68 games. Many were outraged as players like Ryan Houlihan and Andrew Carrazzo were allowed to play on as Carlton delisted a star.
He was seen as the player that never was.
Its about time we got him back.

Carlton need a weapon in 2010 if they are serious about winning the premiership and is delisting Bentick going to lead them to 2002 again? the effect of Bentick leaving the club will be mroe than just on the field. The leadership both on and off he showed will be missed, the example he created, the insiration to the younger players but most of all we will miss his good looks.

I wish him the best of luck in 2010 and hope that others will pick up that this player, of only 24 years of age, is a champion and i hope his talent in not lost to the world. I know Adam will succeed in his attempt to play AFL football again because its in his character to keep going against all odds. Carlton should be ashamed with itself letting this player go. Who will lead the younger players? Who will create a perfect example? who will reel in the sales on merchandise? who can look as good while playing football?
These questions need answering because i dont know the answer..

So i came across this today, which was something i wrote in highschool. I started a Bentick appreciation page of facebook which made its way around the Bullants players at the time, with many of them liking the page. This was the description:

Adam Bentick, the player that never was.

Brendan Fevola leaving Carlton has overshadowed the real story of Adam Bentick being de-listed, as many say the worst decision ever by Carlton. Bentick was always underrated by opponents, teammates, supporters and piers but it is about time that,we, the people recognize how much this player ment to Carlton, and to the world of AFL.

Starting his career at the Cannons, Bentick shone above the rest. In his two years playing for the Cannons, Bentick established himself as a future star of the AFL. Bentick, the captain of the Cannons, single handily, through hardwork, grit and determination, brought the Cannons to a winning flag.

Despite captaining the Cannons to a flag and averaging over 20 possessions a game, Bentick was overlooked as the number one pick in the 2003 national draft. Many saw Bentick as a much better prospect than Adam Cooney and were supprised and bewildered by the WesternBulldogs decision. Then in one of the biggest upsets in the world of sport, Adam Bentick, the prodigy, was overlooked for the entire draft. Bentick was picked by the Carlton Football Club in the 2003preseason and rookie draft, as what some said, the biggest bargain ever in the AFL's history.

Unfazed by the decision, Bentick battled on against the odds to play 5 games in 2004, his first season. As many clubs regretted not picking the star, the Carlton Football Club realised the star that they had picked up.

2005, the season that the world saw the future star within. Bentick, obviously a strategy by the club, kept the star in the reserves as a secret weapon until round 8. For anyone that saw Bentick play in the reserves, they saw the star man-handle opponents as he played on, as a player a step and a half above the rest. Bentick was used in and out of games as a weapon that the club possessed.
Then it happened, Bentick showed his class as he tore apart Collingwoods midfield in round 20 to pick up 34 possessions, a eye catching performance worthy of a rising star nomination. The world had seen the star at his best and wanted more..

Bentick played the first 20 games of 2006 in a breakthrough season, then, obviously as a plan, against the star, was taken out with a shoulder injury.

Supprisingly the Captaincy was not given toAdam, but rather a supprise pick in Chris Judd. Bentick with the league against him and he continued to tear midfields apart alone, had developed into Carltons most important player and the secret to becoming a powerhouse club again. Given the #7 as a sign of respect for the midfielder Bentick was seen as the future of the Carlton Football Club.

Bentick could not do it alone though, and this showed in Carltons performances. Shaking of taggers everyweek and players trying to take him out of the game Bentick courageously played on.Bentick picking up 36 possessions in a career high game and earning brownlow votes, in a 86 point thumping at the hands of the Kangaroos. Bentick though, strove on, and continued at the highest level of performance. Bentick kept his head up, and trained like the champion he was, after time and time again players that did not deserve a game were picked above him. Players like Jordan Bannister and Simon Wiggans often kept Adam out of the team in a shameful display of coaching.

Then came his downfall. A plot by the AFL, Bentick was plagued by injury throughout 2009. Bentick was the missing link in Carltons finals campaign as the club crumbled without him running the show. Making a heroic comeback to play for the Bullants in the grandfinal, Bentick was tagged by as many as 3 players at a time, and was unable to pull his side up to the premiership.
Bentick was de-listed in 2009. Playing only 68 games. Many were outraged as players like Ryan Houlihan and Andrew Carrazzo were allowed to play on as Carlton delisted a star.
He was seen as the player that never was.
Its about time we got him back.

Carlton need a weapon in 2010 if they are serious about winning the premiership and is delisting Bentick going to lead them to 2002 again? the effect of Bentick leaving the club will be mroe than just on the field. The leadership both on and off he showed will be missed, the example he created, the insiration to the younger players but most of all we will miss his good looks.

I wish him the best of luck in 2010 and hope that others will pick up that this player, of only 24 years of age, is a champion and i hope his talent in not lost to the world. I know Adam will succeed in his attempt to play AFL football again because its in his character to keep going against all odds. Carlton should be ashamed with itself letting this player go. Who will lead the younger players? Who will create a perfect example? who will reel in the sales on merchandise? who can look as good while playing football?
These questions need answering because i dont know the answer..
For those wanting to catch a glimpse of Adam in his autumn years he is currently playing for St Bernard's in the VAFA. From what I read he's still a gun.

What's tj going on about on TFS? Reckons we dont promote or market our games properly and hopes we do so this week?!

******* chompers :mad:

Don't like TJ at all, but have to agree with him here. We need to create initiatives to start bringing the navy blue army together with some real excitement and atmosphere (and not have them as fundraisers!). I'm not in Melbourne at the moment, but those post-MCG events were ok. It was just a pity we weren't winning games then. But I don't just want the event, I want atmosphere and people feeling pumped - belting out the song together, things like that. Now would be a good time to get things rolling. There is a buzz about the place and we should harness it so that we can all enjoy the exciting ride.

Don't like TJ at all, but have to agree with him here. We need to create initiatives to start bringing the navy blue army together with some real excitement and atmosphere (and not have them as fundraisers!). I'm not in Melbourne at the moment, but those post-MCG events were ok. It was just a pity we weren't winning games then. But I don't just want the event, I want atmosphere and people feeling pumped - belting out the song together, things like that. Now would be a good time to get things rolling. There is a buzz about the place and we should harness it so that we can all enjoy the exciting ride.

I ride-shared (rode-share, rode-shared?) with my neighbour to yesterday's game at the MCG.

As we were walking back to the car, we passed by a pre-game thugby activity in Swan St for Storm fans. On the grass oval towards Punt Rd they had a farmer's market /carnival atmosphere with gourmet food trucks, face-painting activities for the kids and outdoor furniture for the adults to sit and have a natter in the sunshine for an hour or two before the game.

No reason an AFL club couldn't hold similar. What's our game day experience? Bongoes, kiss-cam and wakey-wakey, you're on the big screen.

The club really needs to do something to starting boosting membership numbers.

I'd love to have the interstate games played at PP for like minded individuals to come together and celebrate.

Edit: I mean on the big screen, ya know?

Edit edit: That would mean they need to get a big screen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back