Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only negative thing I can think of about Ratten was continually playing A Joseph. For some reason he had a weak spot for that player who just wasn't up to it.

Joseph was a great tagger, but could only play that position. Then we stopped giving him tagging roles and sent him into the backline, where he was a massive liability with his shoddy kicking and decision-making.

Marcus Davies was the worst one for me. A shocking kick, poor one-on-one despite having a solid frame and a deer in the headlights at times.

Joseph was a great tagger, but could only play that position. Then we stopped giving him tagging roles and sent him into the backline, where he was a massive liability with his shoddy kicking and decision-making.

Marcus Davies was the worst one for me. A shocking kick, poor one-on-one despite having a solid frame and a deer in the headlights at times.

Big call

? Fev, Murph, Judd, Stevens, Gibbs, Betts?

We had an ok list...

We did. Pity 2011 the injured Gibbs, Waite and Kruezer were not playing in the finals against Eagles in Perth and Stevens had been retired for two seasons by then and Fev had his career off the rails and was traded to Lions....But yeah, ok list, certainly a few class players from serious contention at that point.
By round 17 the following season there was a point where the injury toll had mounted so much we could probably field a more talented team on paper than were left to take the field. Casboult had to make his debut on the back of all our rucks and key forwards were all injured at same time.
Kruezer, Warnock and Hampson all injured. Henderson and Waite injured. Even our so called third tall up forward at the time in Walker was out injured. Judd, Simpson, Touhy , Laidler and Robinson all out too in round 17. Remember that night well. Good luck Ratts....
We missed the finals and some brains trust and many supporters and media that drove me mental at the time were harping for Malthouse and got their man... The rest is history as we say and sent us back to the equivalent of horror of Pagan years.

Thank * that era is over with and the out of touch thinking that drove such bad appointments for the football department is outski.

How many of the posters here are held personally accountable for the decisions of their predecessors? I'm not talking about blaming the company, I'm talking about being personally blamed for what the last person did?

Can we at least wait until the current lot eff up before blaming them for stuff? Don't like how the Trigg change happened. Other than that, I think they are (broadly) doing a pretty good job in digging us out of the s**t THE LAST LOT put us in.
Refuse to be held responsible for anything ferrisb has, or will ever post on this site.

Fell away very quickly

Wasn't the lists fault. It was admin, development, and day-to-day management. We made finals in 9, 10, 11, and 13

Our midfield was as good as anyones and we had a dangerous forward line

Wasn't the lists fault. It was admin, development, and day-to-day management. We made finals in 9, 10, 11, and 13

Our midfield was as good as anyones and we had a dangerous forward line

We scraped into the finals those years on the back of a handful of players. The yo yo effect of not building a list properly, let alone mantaining it was extremely poor. The power brokers and senior management were hopeless and the flow on effect on the football and recruitment departments was terrible.

Our arrogance led to our failures, finally that changed, as of 2 years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We scraped into the finals those years on the back of a handful of players. The yo yo effect of not building a list properly, let alone mantaining it was extremely poor. The power brokers and senior management were hopeless and the flow on effect on the football and recruitment departments was terrible.

Our arrogance led to our failures, finally that changed, as of 2 years ago
The problem with the list was not from the top but rather the bottom half. Would have been good to see what Ratts could have done with a more balanced list at his disposal. Also as mentioned, injuries took their toll.

Quoting myself. Sinking to new lows...Caro style

(no I didn't write the letter)

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2017/12/02/60434/dear-caroline-wilsonshow-some-credibility
Caroline Wilson’s artical was wrong on so many levels.

I’m pretty sure Caro was hoping like hell that Lethlean was appointed so she could write a whole series of opinion pieces trashing Carlton’s board and the club in general. When the Lethlean appointment didn’t eventuate, she could have written something positive but instead she chose to double down and fire off another derogatory blank.

I think this speaks volumes about her as a journalist and perhaps provides a bit of insight into why it’s time for her to move on.

Yuck Nike my son had kindergarten footy day October tried to get guernsy told Nike is worst supplier nothing at Carlton till March I promised him Christmas hope our new ceo kicks yucks arse went to afl shop Southland Essendon Collingwood Geelong Richmond all got guersony for kids amateur and pathetic no wonder we got rid of trigg part timer look at Carlton shop joke

Yuck Nike my son had kindergarten footy day October tried to get guernsy told Nike is worst supplier nothing at Carlton till March I promised him Christmas hope our new ceo kicks yucks arse went to afl shop Southland Essendon Collingwood Geelong Richmond all got guersony for kids amateur and pathetic no wonder we got rid of trigg part timer look at Carlton shop joke

A proffesional buisness would never run out of stock of items that sell McDonald’s isn’t going not stock big Mack’s for 6 months makes me think trigg was a hack no attention to detail hope our new ceo can tighten things up and I can get a guernsy for my son when ever I want not when yuck decides to supply

A proffesional buisness would never run out of stock of items that sell McDonald’s isn’t going not stock big Mack’s for 6 months makes me think trigg was a hack no attention to detail hope our new ceo can tighten things up and I can get a guernsy for my son when ever I want not when yuck decides to supply
I won’t complain anymore I’ll get him some nerd socks sure he will have magician look on his face when he unwraps yucken nerd socks and say dad you promised me a guernsy never in my wildest dreams did I think you would get me yucken nerd socks

Do u know joseph played on cyril 3 times and kept him goaless all 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back