Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wanted to get drawn into this discussion in the first place, but was made to when questioning why losing a tagger for the season should derail a season whether the side was any good in the first place. The Essendon /Hird discussion was never rational around here, it descended into hysteria from the get go. Happy to read the rage and the +1,2,3,4s, just not interested in contributing.

I wouldn't have put it down to just losing Carrazzo as a derailment for the season. We had quite a few injuries through the season and as you know we didn't have the depth to cover any losses. Our side wasn't bad it just wasn't great and we required our best 22 on the park at all times even though our bottom six were probably average. You take out another 2-3 of your best and you start to stretch the talent pool as we did.
I wouldn't have said we were drinking the koolaid and spruiking up our chances but I remember the media jumped on board after we beat the previous seasons R/U by 10 goals. Led by Timmy Watson he pumped us up as potential premiers after round 3 leading into round 4 against, guess who, *FC. Coincidence, not Timmy, he's way to clever for that.
I was more disappointed in the loss of Carrazzo in the way it happened and I felt he was in career best form at the time. It was a huge blow for him as it was for the side. Averaged 30 odd disposals at the time while shutting down his opponents in the first 3 rounds.

I wouldn't have put it down to just losing Carrazzo as a derailment for the season. We had quite a few injuries through the season and as you know we didn't have the depth to cover any losses. Our side wasn't bad it just wasn't great and we required our best 22 on the park at all times even though our bottom six were probably average. You take out another 2-3 of your best and you start to stretch the talent pool as we did.
I wouldn't have said we were drinking the koolaid and spruiking up our chances but I remember the media jumped on board after we beat the previous seasons R/U by 10 goals. Led by Timmy Watson he pumped us up as potential premiers after round 3 leading into round 4 against, guess who, *FC. Coincidence, not Timmy, he's way to clever for that.
I was more disappointed in the loss of Carrazzo in the way it happened and I felt he was in career best form at the time. It was a huge blow for him as it was for the side. Averaged 30 odd disposals at the time while shutting down his opponents in the first 3 rounds.

I think Ratten was sacked because we were mediocre with an overinflated view of our own quality. Carrazzo hurt but would have been covered by any of the good sides at the time. We weren't one of them.

open.aspx
I received an email about ticketing for the away game vs Geelong down at sleepy hollow. It seems us members have been allocated bays that don't exist. Am I completely blind? Help a brother out!

fdb70baf-e4e3-488b-92c0-64eb51435ebb.jpg

Dear Navara79,

Thank you for showing your support and joining Carlton as a Home and Away member for 2018.

After listening to feedback from members, the Club has decided that we would like to offer you, a Home and Away member*, the opportunity to purchase a discounted ticket in our away club allocation, in Bays A10 and A11, to the Round 10 match against Geelong at GMHBA Stadium.

You will have access to purchase one discounted ticket per member for this match (subject to availability) by using the membership barcode listed below. If purchasing multiple member tickets in the one transaction, please ensure you have all barcode numbers available at the time of booking.

The tickets in the away club allocation will go on sale at 12.00pm, Wednesday 14 March via Ticketmaster. We will communicate the ticket purchase process for this on Tuesday 13 March.

Should you wish to purchase tickets in other seating areas General Public tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 9:00am, Wednesday 7 March via Ticketmaster.

If you have any questions relating to this notification please do not hesitate to contact Membership Services on 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586).

*This is offer is for Home and Away members with a home reserved seat and either an away reserved seat or away general admission access.

CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP

membership@carltonfc.com.au | 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586) | membership.carltonfc.com.au
0f4773c7-c17e-4892-bf7c-cc873ec03848.jpg

simondsstadium.gif

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx

open.aspx
I received an email about ticketing for the away game vs Geelong down at sleepy hollow. It seems us members have been allocated bays that don't exist. Am I completely blind? Help a brother out!

Dear Navara79,

Thank you for showing your support and joining Carlton as a Home and Away member for 2018.

After listening to feedback from members, the Club has decided that we would like to offer you, a Home and Away member*, the opportunity to purchase a discounted ticket in our away club allocation, in Bays A10 and A11, to the Round 10 match against Geelong at GMHBA Stadium.

You will have access to purchase one discounted ticket per member for this match (subject to availability) by using the membership barcode listed below. If purchasing multiple member tickets in the one transaction, please ensure you have all barcode numbers available at the time of booking.

The tickets in the away club allocation will go on sale at 12.00pm, Wednesday 14 March via Ticketmaster. We will communicate the ticket purchase process for this on Tuesday 13 March.

Should you wish to purchase tickets in other seating areas General Public tickets will go on sale tomorrow at 9:00am, Wednesday 7 March via Ticketmaster.

If you have any questions relating to this notification please do not hesitate to contact Membership Services on 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586).

*This is offer is for Home and Away members with a home reserved seat and either an away reserved seat or away general admission access.

membership@carltonfc.com.au | 1300 CARLTON (1300 227 586) | membership.carltonfc.com.au

View attachment 466690

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx
Must be a few years since we would have played at Geelong.

open.aspx

Dear Navara79,

View attachment 466690

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx

open.aspx
open.aspx
open.aspx
https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/seating-map

Half-forward flank in the Players Stand.

I'm very confused how the experts think Carlton are a chance for the flag :/
Undefeated this year, currently equal top of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to worry , norf have the spoon in the bag ! You can almost bank it .:D

But but but ...... Waite is about to have a break out season..........

I'm very confused how the experts think Carlton are a chance for the spoon :/
It's a pretty volatile ladder this year, so it won't take much misfortune for us to be around the bottom four again. We could just as easily sneak into the 8 if everything went swimmingly.

I'll be happy with 10th-12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back