Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He aint don't yet Soap … not by a fair margin I would say …. He has at least 2 years of great footy in him ... now within a midfield group that doesn't require him to be at the bottom of the pack then run like a jack rabbit to I50 …...

He aint don't yet Soap … not by a fair margin I would say …. He has at least 2 years of great footy in him ... now within a midfield group that doesn't require him to be at the bottom of the pack then run like a jack rabbit to I50 …...

Yep. Looks really fit and lean. Can see him playing some very good footy in next 2 years. Hope he enjoys some success

Yep. Looks really fit and lean. Can see him playing some very good footy in next 2 years. Hope he enjoys some success

I hope he ENJOYS his football again :)

images

And here is that in video format. Dustin Martin awarded 7 tackles. I counted 1.

Well yeah. But that still conforms to champion data’s definition. Dusty used some physical contact and their was an ineffective disposal in the end.

Stats need to be objective so they’ve gotta draw the line somewhere on what defines a tackle. This is what they’ve come up with.

I count 1 tackle there also.

Champion datas definition (to me) is wrong then.

A tackle has to have the potential to win a holding the ball free kick, surely. Maybe one of those would have been eligible. The rest were all attempted or broken tackles.

I count 1 tackle there also.

Champion datas definition (to me) is wrong then.

A tackle has to have the potential to win a holding the ball free kick, surely. Maybe one of those would have been eligible. The rest were all attempted or broken tackles.

I believe a tackle is counted if there is a turnover of sorts.

Poor definition

a player can legally tackle an opposing opposing player get paid a free kick. get a stat from champion data one tackle.

a player can attempt to tackle up to four times in a game not get paid a free kick. gets four tackle stats from champion data..

i don't get it..

for those that like your stats etc, enjoy that drivel..

And yet, presumably, the same applies to all players - so why the criticism of Murphy specifically? Surely every other player is in the same boat, and are having their tackle stats inflated by this quirky definition?

Tackle stats in general are, in my view, a bit overrated. Gibbs was one that I used to get really frustrated by - his tackles were often generated by him deliberately being second to the ball and wrapping up a player as soon as they took possession at a stoppage. Good to get the repeat stoppages of course, and we wouldn't want the opposition getting clean ball, but I'd have been much happier if he focused more on winning the footy. Two or three Rioli tackles in the forward line are worth a dozen dogpile tackles in the middle.

Murph does his share, in my view. But at his age, with his injury history, we'll be much better off if he's playing a significantly more outside role while the younger blokes worry more about laying some big hits.

I hope he ENJOYS his football again :)
Wing/half forward, getting fed the ball from the big boys on the inside and using it well in space (maybe a few more of those goals from the flank/pocket?). Reckon * will try and keep Merrett with a little space around him to try and take advantage of his disposal and keep him from being beaten up, Murph should be treated the same (& ideally should have been since day 1).

We shouldn't need him on the inside doing the heavy lifting, we've got some 5.75m & 270kg of Cripps, Kennedy & Setters to deploy.

Plus the likes of Dow, Fish & Samo bursting, stepping & weaving out of the contest, maybe Stocker joins them later in the year.

Ed chipping in when he's not wearing some poor bastard like a glove.

O'Brien & Walsh running, linking & distributing on the outside, perhaps Cunningham too, maybe even Garlett or Pickett later in the year.

Hopefully there's enough there to spread the load and just let Murph do his thing. If the rest of the guys can all pull their weight, it would not surprise me to start seeing articles appearing about A refreshed & reinvigorated Marc Murphy excelling & enjoying his football life since stepping down as Blues captain.

It would be amazing for Murph to have a 'Crawford moment' at/towards the end of his career. Likewise for Ed & the Tractor, not sure if Simmo will get there but who knows, perhaps he's found the elixir of life or shares some genetics with Bradley or...

People forget that that in 2012, people were saying Murph was our best, most damaging midfielder. Yes over Chris Judd!
Marc deserves more respect from our supporters. Could have jumped ship at any stage, but stuck with the Blues.
I've nothing but admiration for him.

He is also a bloody good bloke.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am amused by how content you are to move on when you feel you are proven right.

I'm very content champ,
and i know I'm right,

what i dislike is peeps, come on here and have different views from the majority you fluff circle Jerkers and they are called Trolls.

i really couldn't give a rats toss, what any of you think of me, once again i invite you and others ,put me on the banned list..
or better still, why don't you grandstand and through me in the dungeon.

if I'm guilty of wanting The Carlton football club, to get better.
of which i and my son have been a member of for many a year, and will continue to be..
then i will challenge and defend my right to say so.

i would like to put out a challenge, whom would like to sit with me and cheer/support/critique or Once great club?

or do you all want sit in your Fluuffy little circle and Tee off at the so called Trolls that have a difference of opinion..

I'm very content champ,
and i know I'm right,

what i dislike is peeps, come on here and have different views from the majority you fluff circle Jerkers and they are called Trolls.

i really couldn't give a rats toss, what any of you think of me, once again i invite you and others ,put me on the banned list..

of which i and my son have been a member of for many a year, and will continue to be..

i would like to put out a challenge, whom would like to sit with me and cheer/support/critique or Once great club?

or do you all want sit in your Fluuffy little circle and Tee off at the so called Trolls that have a difference of opinion..

I think you may find that after a little further observation that there aren't as many 'circle-jerkers' here as may have once been the case.

It's (for want of a better term) pleasant to see many more, happy to express their views, without the worry of being considered an outlier, whether the views be of a positive, neutral or negative nature.

Keep going Bobcat, but I feel you may have slightly missed the mark this time around. No need to defend your points of view because that's all they are in the end........just a point of view, although I see you being closer to the mark than most of us would have liked.

I'm very content champ,
and i know I'm right,

Can’t help but read your posts in this voice
1547026363425.jpeg

Even when angry, it is a bit funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back