Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put it this way.

The entire street knows when the footy's on, the suburb if Carlton's playing.

My Missus has been known to pack up the kids and go to the other house …..

Hi guys, happy 2019 to everyone....just catching up with various threads.
Cannot get the criticism of some specifically that aimed at Murphy....
Playing his 250th in Rd 1 + 2 time B and F + AFLPA MVP +, + etc.
Pretty good CV.....Better than most who have played AFL.
Spoke with him at B and F a bit after he announced stepping down as Captain....could not have been more impressive.
I genuinely hope he is 100% good to go this year so he gets the chance to play his role in what I am certain will be the start of good times for all invloved at the club and us long suffering Blues fans....
To all the doubters, critics etc. forget 2018 ever happened....completely clouded what we did in 2017, but more so the hard work on and off the field these past 3 years....
I'm front row on the Soapy V train....cannot wait for this year to start....Bounce the ball!!

Hi guys, happy 2019 to everyone....just catching up with various threads.
Cannot get the criticism of some specifically that aimed at Murphy....
Playing his 250th in Rd 1 + 2 time B and F + AFLPA MVP +, + etc.
Pretty good CV.....Better than most who have played AFL.
Spoke with him at B and F a bit after he announced stepping down as Captain....could not have been more impressive.
I genuinely hope he is 100% good to go this year so he gets the chance to play his role in what I am certain will be the start of good times for all invloved at the club and us long suffering Blues fans....
To all the doubters, critics etc. forget 2018 ever happened....completely clouded what we did in 2017, but more so the hard work on and off the field these past 3 years....
I'm front row on the Soapy V train....cannot wait for this year to start....Bounce the ball!!
No doubters on here, there season doesn't start to after our first loss.:)

No doubters on here, there season doesn't start to after our first loss.:)
A few get in early so they can say ‘I told you so’ after a loss.

I count 1 tackle there also.

Champion datas definition (to me) is wrong then.

A tackle has to have the potential to win a holding the ball free kick, surely. Maybe one of those would have been eligible. The rest were all attempted or broken tackles.
Yes. I made no comment on whether I agreed with their definition. It certainly seems to allow too much room for interpretation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it 2018 again? I thought we were into the new year now.

Oh, no stick around.

Stay on the board while it's this peaceful, you might actually enjoy being here for once.
Actually I don't enjoy it, mindless hype is mindless.
So much group think here it is painful.

Mmmm, don’t get it. Seems any supporter of our club who posts anything positive on a football forum about said club, is labelled as a fluffer or sheep or group thinker, all because they want to see the club be successful. Whilst we argue over the strategy being used or the closeness to the stated target, most people are here to discuss all things Carlton and how we can be successful and enjoyable to watch.

It seems that some want to swim against the tide for the sole purpose of being different so they can label others as being unable to see the real truth of how bad the club/coach/players etc are. If you won’t consider the massive change in thinking from the club and the emerging talent on offer, you may well miss out on all the fun and excitement of our rise out of the doldrums.

Maybe I am too much of a glass half full type person.

^^^

Well said my trusted Gameday sidekick.

Some hang for the bad stuff to throw out ‘I told you so’ and ‘knew that’ miserable logic.

Me, a big torp goal, or a triple decker spekky.

There’s always good bits.

Lately, they have been hard to find.

We’ll be back, keep the faith brethren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back