Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
It's strange that they dont show a Filth game considering that 7 can't get through a sports segment without little Timmy saying Collingwood at least once. Of course we all know they are really in bed with the essenscum* but even so

Oh what strange times we live in. There is a pestilence upon this land.........

Last edited:

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Lou Richards was my favourite out of the old timers..he was a natural and of likeable character
I forgot Louie was on it ..but they used him badly. Trottting him out like a sideshow clown. But yes a legend of field and screen.
Ted on the other hand was as funny as it gets and hard as nails....he could stare down the camera lens and make grown men shake in their lounge chairs

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
We are 1-7 and dead last; GWS are 5-3 and in the the top 4.
Yep and GWS, supposed premiership chances, managed to kick 5 goals against a team that lost to Melbourne the week before and just beat us the week before that.

If anything GWS's record make's their "bad week" worse than a team that has won just 1 game for the year.

29yg.gif

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Yep and GWS, supposed premiership chances, managed to kick 5 goals against a team that lost to Melbourne the week before and just beat us the week before that.

If anything GWS's record make's their "bad week" worse than a team that has won just 1 game for the year.
We have had more 1 bad week (we were never threatening against Sydney or Richmond).

Also, a "bad week" essentially represents a lack of effort/application. A team in the top 4 can afford a "bad week" much more than a team that has won 4 games in 40.

We have had more 1 bad week (we were never threatening against Sydney or Richmond).

Bad obviously meaning noncompetitive.

So yes, we've had one bad week - against North Melbourne. We've been competitive every other week.

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

They were missing Mumford, Whitfield and Cameron hurt his shoulder. All will be playing v us and it’s at home rather than the MCG where they’ve only won twice in 12 attempts.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
They were missing Mumford, Whitfield and Cameron hurt his shoulder. All will be playing v us and it’s at home rather than the MCG where they’ve only won twice in 12 attempts.
And who were we missing in our "bad week"? Newman, Simpson, Kreuzer, McGovern & Docherty for a start.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

Also, a "bad week" essentially represents a lack of effort/application. A team in the top 4 can afford a "bad week" much more than a team that has won 4 games in 40.
But the second team is much more likely to have one, especially when they are playing an incredibly young side missing some pretty key players.

And no we have had 1 "bad week".

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
And who were we missing in our "bad week"? Newman, Simpson, Kreuzer, McGovern & Docherty for a start.
I’m just saying they’re going to be better this week. Your post proves my point. Between north and Coll games look at our improvement with our ruckman and McGovern. Expect similar improvement from GWS. if not more with arguably their best player in Whitfield and a barometer in Mumford. Kreuzer will get beaten from pillar to post my mummy that’s what he does.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Bad obviously meaning noncompetitive.

So yes, we've had one bad week - against North Melbourne. We've been competitive every other week.

Not sure on your definition of competitive but the game against Richmond was over at quarter time. The game against Sydney was more competitive, but essentially over once they were leading by 5 goals.

Not sure on your definition of competitive but the game against Richmond was over at quarter time. The game against Sydney was more competitive, but essentially over once they were leading by 5 goals.

Think my definition of competitive would be comparable to...the actual definition of competitive.

Being competitive doesn't mean there aren't periods within games where the opposition doesn't gain the ascendancy or put separation on the scoreboard.

Again, we have been competitive in every game this year other than the North Melbourne game. It has been very clear and a hallmark of our performances to date in 2019.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton

I Might be better off posting this in the unpopular opinions thread but I think they should ban alcohol from all footy matches.

Let’s see how much violence there is without alcohol fueled morons ruining it for everyone else

*runs and hides

Bobmonkey

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I Might be better off posting this in the unpopular opinions thread but I think they should ban alcohol from all footy matches.

Let’s see how much violence there is without alcohol fueled morons ruining it for everyone else

*runs and hides
I’m with you, what’s the point of drinking at the footy. You’re there to watch a game, if you want to drink go to the pub and watch the game.

Nothing worse than dealing with drunks at the footy or having drinks spilt on you.

Last edited:

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton

*runs and hides

The morons would just load up before they went into the game. :rolleyes:

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Can someone explain how a 5 year ban could ever be enforced? Are we talking about facial recognition? Do we have to introduce fingerprint scanners? Will we see an afl imposed security supplement to prices?
If none of the above, then its all just piss and wind from Boof Head

Always thought the same, how can they ever ensure a ban.
Load of shite ...

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

*runs and hides

Better off banning the morons instead of the alcohol.

There were 70k people there and those idiots shouldn't spoil it for everyone.

I wasn't sitting far from that fight, it was ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back