Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear Mick in the Sacked Part 2 Podcast? Waste of time, I'll dot point below as well as take the piss out of him

• Apparently he didn’t know when getting the job how strung our Salary Cap was. He said in his off-season that the fact we didn’t make any changes wasn’t his choice, he just couldn’t do anything as everyone was under contract – Umm, Mick you took the job then went on a ******* book tour missing almost the entire off-season. It was a pisstake, and why would you take such a big job without getting clarification on where the list is at?

• He didn’t want to tell the club that the list was an average one and miles off playing in any Grand Finals – Mick you muppet we were 1.5 wins away from a Grand Final in 2011, we lost a Semi by less than a goal with half our side out

• Blamed injuries for a lot of his underwhelming results

• Something about the players being distraught or traumatized when he got there about what had been going on at the club – what you mean winning 10-15 games a year the past 3-4 years?

• Was saying how it’s a tragedy AFL doesn’t look favourably upon coaches who have been previously sacked. Said Guy McKenna, Gary Ayres should be looked at. Conveniently didn’t mention Ratts who he had no problem sharking in 2012 – ‘ill only coach again if it’s for a big club, but it’s now or never’.

• Apparently Trigg said to Micks wife after the big Geelong loss – ‘we cant have another big loss like that’. Mick and Nanette were horrified Trigg would say such a thing to her. Poor thing.

All in all it’s a pretty s**t episode. The man just waffles, at one point they ask what influence he had on getting Cripps to the club and he just talks about some weird stories from his days at Footscray.

Hit the showers Mick, footy is over you.

Anyone hear Mick in the Sacked Part 2 Podcast? Waste of time, I'll dot point below as well as take the piss out of him

• Apparently he didn’t know when getting the job how strung our Salary Cap was. He said in his off-season that the fact we didn’t make any changes wasn’t his choice, he just couldn’t do anything as everyone was under contract – Umm, Mick you took the job then went on a ******* book tour missing almost the entire off-season. It was a pisstake, and why would you take such a big job without getting clarification on where the list is at?

• He didn’t want to tell the club that the list was an average one and miles off playing in any Grand Finals – Mick you muppet we were 1.5 wins away from a Grand Final in 2011, we lost a Semi by less than a goal with half our side out

• Something about the players being distraught or traumatized when he got there about what had been going on at the club – what you mean winning 10-15 games a year the past 3-4 years?

• Was saying how it’s a tragedy AFL doesn’t look favourably upon coaches who have been previously sacked. Said Guy McKenna, Gary Ayres should be looked at. Conveniently didn’t mention Ratts who he had no problem sharking in 2012 – ‘ill only coach again if it’s for a big club, but it’s now or never’.

• Apparently Trigg said to Micks wife after the big Geelong loss – ‘we cant have another big loss like that’. Mick and Nanette were horrified Trigg would say such a thing to her. Poor thing.

All in all it’s a pretty s**t episode. The man just waffles, at one point they ask what influence he had on getting Cripps to the club and he just talks about some weird stories from his days at Footscray.

He's right though. Carlton were paying max salary cap and our list was trash because of Hughes and Rogers.

Found cap room for daisys massive payday🤔

Mick loves to re-write history in his favour. Dirty about being sacked at Carlton and Collingwood but every year he sacks multiple players and staff.

My favourite line is his claim of salary cap mismanagement. Can’t have been that bad for him to sign Daisy on 750k a year. Any footy person, aside from Mick, would say hiring a guy with crook ankles on 750k for 4yrs as salary cap mismanagement.

Mick talked a lot but said nothing in that podcast. It was full of contradictions and hypocrisy.

At one point he said he wanted to go one way, and the club/board the other. But he didnt clarify what each way was. I assume mick wanted to rebuild/board push for flag but he didnt say and the interviewers didnt even press him on that comment (or basically any other comments).

I did enjoy hearing the old Footscray stories about how wynd/libba got to the club. Love that kind of folklore.

Mick wanted to cut several players from the list but the board would not allow him to as the players were contracted, Wornock on 3 years was an example I was given. The list was an absolute mess.

The board would question everything he wanted/needed, he was hamstrung by them continually.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, Mick you took the job then went on a ******* book tour missing almost the entire off-season.

I'll admit I was backing the board before this. Big name coach. Take us to the next level. I drank the Kool Aid.

Once I read that part of his coaching deal was missing most of the trade period/preseason then danger signs were screaming. All he gave a s**t about was getting that payday for Christi.

Same with 2015. His pressers were always ******* terrible but he blatantly took it to the next level on Radio. He did it purposely to get sacked and get paid out. He'd lost the players, lost the board, lost the staff, he didn't give a s**t anymore except getting the $$ and being paid out his contract.

‘ill only coach again if it’s for a big club, but it’s now or never’.

This is the second or third time he's spouted this crap in the last few months.

Nobody is giving you a coaching gig Mick. Not a big club, not even a U19s local club.

Last edited:
This is the second or third time he's spouted this crap in the last few months.

Nobody is giving you a coaching gig Mick. Not a big club, not even a U19s local club.
He was saying this s**t all through 2012, feeding the media quotes like the above whilst they bayed for Rattens blood. Legit whoring himself out to the media to send subliminal messages to the Carlton board to sack Ratten and hire him. Absolute prick of a bloke.

He was saying this s**t all through 2012, feeding the media quotes like the above whilst they bayed for Rattens blood. Legit whoring himself out to the media to send subliminal messages to the Carlton board to sack Ratten and hire him. Absolute prick of a bloke.

Yep. Whoring himself out to the media when the subliminal messages weren't even required - his management were always in discussions with Greg Swann. After they convinced Sticks to get onboard the board just succumbed to the inevitable.

Pretty sure there's an interview somewhere where Sticks says he "just went with the flow" and regrets it.

This is why I am legit proud that we didn't go barking up Ross Lyon's tree. We could very, very easily have Lyon as coach. Just throw the money. We didn't and I'm extremely happy with that. Now we have the money to surround Teague with the best assistants available.

Mick loves to re-write history in his favour. Dirty about being sacked at Carlton and Collingwood but every year he sacks multiple players and staff.

My favourite line is his claim of salary cap mismanagement. Can’t have been that bad for him to sign Daisy on 750k a year. Any footy person, aside from Mick, would say hiring a guy with crook ankles on 750k for 4yrs as salary cap mismanagement.

Any time Mick speaks about the good parts of his career its all about him. Anytime he speaks about the bad parts of his career it was someone else's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back