"The Carlton Way" a 5 year plan 2019-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Cain increased the Richmond membership number by getting research groups to find out which suburbs had the highest number of Richmond supporters, and then targetted membership drives in those locations.

I wonder if he will do the same thing with Carlton supporters.

I think he’d be doing it already, given the increase.

Also seeing that he’s turning ticket sales for round one, into memberships. Guest passes for Legend Lounge into memberships. Our 3 game category will be through the roof I reckon.

I still want every membership to be fully paid, season long - these micky mouse itty bitty pretend thingies worry the s**t out of me sustainability wise......
He got them onto a mailing list for a $1 last year, 3 gamers this year.... Next year he'll switch them to home game membership. Wouldn't be surprised if we are heading to "we can only guarantee access to blockbuster games if you get reserve seat membership".

Every year there'll be new hooks I reckon

Exactly as above I reckon...I went and upgraded to top level membership half way through 2011 to absolutely guarantee a GF, ticket as an example, as I didn’t want to miss out under any circumstances

build the hook and attempt to upgrade year on year.

So many Carlton supporters don’t get to see the great work with communication and marketing the club are doing which helps in a member being one with the club. One of the key principles!!

pre-liddle our membership department showed few signs of life despite all the

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still want every membership to be fully paid, season long - these micky mouse itty bitty pretend thingies worry the s**t out of me sustainability wise......

True but we’re simply catching up with what the rest have done for years. Ultimately revenue from memberships is what actually matters and we’re leaving money on the table by not facilitating people who don’t or can’t ante up for full memberships

This 5 year statement comes into better perspective if we look more at why its released than what it says.
What it doesnt say but what it really means for media scavengers.
Here are our aims and a basic timeframe of what we think is possible so don't bother to ask again. Oh and we are backing the coach in as part of this strategy.
Now go away because we are busy at something useful.

As a supporter it would be interesting to see what our five year expectation is with regards to our performance.

Wins: 5
Wins: 9
Wins: 12
Pushing for a top 4 finish
Pushing for a flag.

Those are my rough feelings with regards to our progression. I could certainly see the ability to win a premiership maybe taking 7 years as our currently recruitment group all develop together and another round of good recruits come below.

I think we need to develop some players to replace Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson, Thomas, Curnow...

As a supporter it would be interesting to see what our five year expectation is with regards to our performance.

Wins: 5
Wins: 9
Wins: 12
Pushing for a top 4 finish
Pushing for a flag.

Those are my rough feelings with regards to our progression. I could certainly see the ability to win a premiership maybe taking 7 years as our currently recruitment group all develop together and another round of good recruits come below.

I think we need to develop some players to replace Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson, Thomas, Curnow...

It says multiple premierships by 23. So I think they are expecting a bit more than what your suggesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It says multiple premierships by 23. So I think they are expecting a bit more than what your suggesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't care what the club is saying. As I said in my post, it would be interesting to see what the SUPPORTERS think.
Do we honestly think we're going to win 2 premierships by 2023?

At best that would be a premiership in 3 years time. Just looking at GWS as an example of a club building from the ground up, it certainly can take a lot longer than that to achieve success.
I honestly feel that this rebuild was a ground up rebuild with very few mature elements to be around when our current crop of players mature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back