Opinion The case for Harves

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt care if i never saw the coach, as long as he has the team up and about? why would you care about his personality in the media. Harves will never be Mr Peronality and who would want him to be, look at some of the spew blokes that get dished up these days as so called professional media personalities.

As opposed to the Richo turtle.

View attachment 699658
During match sim yesterday, Richo encouraged his midfield to be a bit more aggressive

giphy.gif

I wouldnt care if i never saw the coach, as long as he has the team up and about? why would you care about his personality in the media. Harves will never be Mr Peronality and who would want him to be, look at some of the spew blokes that get dished up these days as so called professional media personalities.

I was thinking more about his ability to communicate behind closed doors. The media stuff is froth and bubble. Yabbie was boring as batshit in the media, but a brilliant communicator away from the cameras. I've heard Harvs speak several times in public and he was pretty much the same as what we got on TFB.

It's only one aspect of a coach's job, but an absolutely crucial one. On field he could inspire by example and his actions. In coaching he'll have to rely on his words. It could be part of the reason he hasn't landed a senior gig.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was a sport in northern England. Oh wait, that's ferrets down the trousers. My bad. BTW, what was it like?
Kept poking it's head out. Had run to the loo in the middle of a sales meeting.

Stood up, told the room I had to go to the loo because I had a turtle in my shorts.

Everyone cracked up. Director ripped shreds off me later.

Kept poking it's head out. Had run to the loo in the middle of a sales meeting.

Stood up, told the room I had to go to the loo because I had a turtle in my shorts.

Everyone cracked up. Director ripped shreds off me later.

Oh it was that sort of turtle. The result of a shart?

So no Harvey because people think he has no personality and was ****ehouse on a crap show with malloy and that carlton spud....compared to mr charisma we have steering the ship atm

Paaarlease
[/QUOTE]

It is an critical part of coaching. Being able to engage with and galvansie young men. Harvey reminds me of Allan Border. An icon but a man of action not words. Just don't think he has it in him tbh.

i will clarify that i dont know GT and ive only been in the rooms during his coaching time once .. but my feel on GT was he was more focused on the younger blokes and fast tracking them to be leaders and the older guys were more there as a support cast ... heck GT did try to retire harvey
i think the most over rated thing is being a strong media performer ... from my own experiance i know its only over time and with a volume of exposure to public speaking does it improve ... over time the ummms and erhhhhs will go away and he will be a more confident talker... in the end his message gets through to the collingwood midfield well enough so it should to our blokes as well

When we got Ross Lyon he was like someone with some kind of mental disfunction with the camera on him. He improved with time and is now quite funny and relaxed...he almost enjoys it now. I can still remember going to training in his era and he would stand back watching and instruct others to go and deliver messages, he wasn't overly vocal to the group, he was more like a director.

Harvey for Richardson straight swap. Then Bruce for De Goey straight swap. Then Newnes for Sier straight swap.

Can we get Sinclair's girlfriend from them as well. He's a gun.

Jeebus!! :oops:
That is one triggered Turtle!

More like a Scott Watters type that one!
Like to see Dean Rioli go about eating that mofo!

They have vicious turtles in the states. They actually bite people. Snapping turtles and alligator snappers will take your fingers off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back