2nds The Casey Thread 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Player load restrictions on goalkicking practice thesedays doesn't help. If I was a forward, I would be practicing outside the club in the off hours.
edit - this prob doesnt apply as much for the VFL, blokes prob work other jobs as well but def for AFL players.

M.Brown kicked 6 today. 89-59 over Southport
Much like our AFL team, the foot completely went off the gas. Think the score was something like 42-1 early in the game.

Currently game and a half clear on top of the VFL ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are the possession counts so much lower at VFL level?
My observation based on watching just a few Casey games is the VFL style feels a bit more old school. More long kicking, less short hit up kicks, less flipping the ball around with hands.

The VFL listed players unsurprisingly have lessers skills and fitness than most AFL listed players.

Then, with a couple of exceptions, the AFL listed players in the VFL teams are the younger ones and the older ones so are still developing, or in their decline years.

So basically the players in the VFL teams can’t execute the AFL high possession game style.

Dom Tyson still plays for North WHAT!

Could have sworn he retired 5 years ago
Once he got to North he just kept getting injured. Went on a weird run in preseason games last season where he had like 35 each week, then played a couple games and was terrible then delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back