Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
A tricky game for Casey today against non-aligned Port Melbourne.

Looks like Casey are kicking to the non-scoring end in the first quarter and down 33-15 at quarter time.

This is the weakest Casey team for the year, and both teams playing in mostly red and Casey players not wearing their usual numbers, and me watching on a phone is making things quite difficult to work out what's happening.

I believe the Melbourne listed players are Laurie, Rosman, Rivers, Dunstan, Hunt, Baker, D.Smith, Chandler, McVee and Woewodin.

From what I can see they are all playing their usual positions. There are no Melbourne listed talls out there at all.

Baker and Rosman were the two Melbourne players in the first quarter that were most prominent in my eyes, with Chandler also quite involved.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Only Hunt is playing of the emergencies, so that looks like three travelling with the firsts being Melksham, Tomlinson and van Rooyan to choose from as the medical substitute.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
After Rosman made a couple of bad errors kicking out of the backline, he made up for it by hitting a pack hard to bring it to ground, then Casey ran it the whole way down via either Dunstan or Rivers (not quite sure) and Chandler finished with a clever goal with a couple of side steps to get free.

Only Hunt is playing of the emergencies, so that looks like three travelling with the firsts being Melksham, Tomlinson and van Rooyan to choose from as the medical substitute.
Surely Tomlinson with our derth of talls. Don't want JVR debuting as the sub.

Maybe we got some others under an injury cloud. Another late out perhaps?

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Surely Tomlinson with our derth of talls. Don't want JVR debuting as the sub.
I reckon Tomlinson provides the most flexibility and should be sub.

Can play ruck, tall back, wing, tall forward (or has played them all at AFL level in the past). Is he likely to play all of those well, probably not, but at least he knows how to do it.

Having said that, I reckon they will go with Melky as sub.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Maybe we got some others under an injury cloud. Another late out perhaps?
My thoughts too, I would've thought three emergencies (with one being a medi sub which is effectively an in-game emergency) was excessive and therefore there may be another needing to pass a fitness test.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Rosman looks to be playing the Tomlinson/Turner role today zoning off in the backline.

For a guy who often gets only a handful of touches for an entire game he is really racking them up today.

His kicking has been... adventurous.

Port up 33-29 now.

I think Melbourne could do worse than picking up Corey Ellison with a late pick or rookie draft pick.

Decent size, looks to have neat skills, can play key forward or back.

Do you think hes mobile enough to play AFL? ive only seen a few games of him but he just seems a bit slow?

Gives me Ben Holland vibes, not sure that type of player is suited to today's style of game.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Do you think hes mobile enough to play AFL? ive only seen a few games of him but and he just seems a bit slow?
That would be my concern too, he doesn't look particularly athletic.

But he does look like a footballer.

I reckon they should see whether his athleticism can pick up in a professional strength and conditioning program as a full-time footballer.

That would be my concern too, he doesn't look particularly athletic.

But he does look like a footballer.

I reckon they should see whether his athleticism can pick up in a professional strength and conditioning program as a full-time footballer.

Yea fair call. Id be happy enough to rookie list and see how he develops.

Jon Koncak

Baseline leaner
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
GS Warriors, NY Giants, ORE Ducks
Yep sting well and truly out of the game when you get commentary like this during general play:

“I know it’s got nothing to do with the game but we’ve got a minor bird taking on a crow here.”

Laurie continues to look a cut above VFL level.

his 4th goal was a ripper. Bit of Kozzy's against the Saints in heavy traffic last year about it, no idea how he danced through that.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
How do you get entry with the mobile membership stuff through your Dees one or did they give that the kibosh?

Back