2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside form Hogan and Jayden Hunt, Clisby and Strauss are the only players left on our primary list who haven't got a game this year.

Yet it feels like we have kept a more stable side than in other years

Loving the fact that guys were given 3 weeks or so to show themselves rather than 1 in 1 out, Its helped Jetta establish himself and proven that Blease is still a spud

Crazy that Strauss hasn't even had A chance seeing as he hasnt been injured this year

Aside form Hogan and Jayden Hunt, Clisby and Strauss are the only players left on our primary list who haven't got a game this year.

Good find SSF, very surprised so many have had a go. Clisby is a funny one, I think he has potential, and Roos was there when we upgraded him from rookie to main list last year, so not really sure why he hasn't tried him if he rated him enough to do that. Hunt, massive project. Strauss, enough said.

You'd have to think anyone who hasn't gotten a game yet, their number must be up. On last year's evidence I didn't think much of Clisby - not that he's terrible, just not someone who stood out as being able to play at this level from what little we saw.

You'd have to think anyone who hasn't gotten a game yet, their number must be up. On last year's evidence I didn't think much of Clisby - not that he's terrible, just not someone who stood out as being able to play at this level from what little we saw.

Meh he was decent enough to hold his own at the level but people are using fishing story memory if they think he wa better than terlich/grimes

The fact Strauss is named in the back pocket for Casey speaks volumes. If he was any good he would at least be a midfield regular for them by now.

I get the point, but surely if we want him to work on his defending - he plays backline?

Not that I think he shouldn't be delisted or anything like that...

22 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 goals playing afl football
18 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 6 goals playing afl football.

Now these stats are from an AFL footballer. These stats are pretty phenomenal and he was playing against other AFL footballers. See the trend here.
People need to stop overrating Gawn, he's had good day, probably his best game of football whilst playing at the club, but it was in the reserves. Do you think Roos would seriously think his stats were phenomenal?
No!
When he starts playing well in the seniors then yes great go Gawny but until then he is a very average RESERVES
Player at best, he has shown absolutely nothing.

Yep like I said he had a good day probably his best game for the club but it's in the reserves.
He is an average reserves player, he has not done a thing in the seniors.

Just crap. We're screaming for big blokes and this 208cm monster is playing reserves.
His hands/marking is not up to Afl standard, you overrate his ability.

So someone looks a little silly don't they.

So someone looks a little silly don't they.

James Brayshaw will turn the man into a Cult hero again if he gets his way
He got wind of a story of Gawn smoking a durry in his first season and now he always mentions it on the rub, says he has a carton hidden in his beard and when he kicks a goal JB says hes earned a quick drag behind the sheds haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though ive defended them the day I dont have to read the names Jones.M Terlich Bail or Mckenzie in the Ins ill know we are making progress
Don't agree in re: Bail. I think he'd be a great player to have as your 21st/22nd man in a finals side.

Evans named in the development league.

Will be interested to see how he's dealt with at years end, if indeed he is contracted.

Sending a pretty clear message you'd think - take a payout and we'll make it worth your while?

Evans named in the development league.

Will be interested to see how he's dealt with at years end, if indeed he is contracted.

Sending a pretty clear message you'd think - take a payout and we'll make it worth your while?
I'd probably take it myself. Go and play in the VFL full time and try to impress an AFL club from there (while being fully paid), which is pretty much what you'd be doing any way on the Melbourne list. I guess you don't have the benefit of AFL level training though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back