Podcast The Cat Attack Podcast presented by K ROCK FOOTBALL

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had one piece of advice for Rhys Stanley, what would it be?
A. Tackle, tackle tackle
B. Compete for the ball
C. Get to the fwd line asap
D. Stop worrying about the tap just go after it after the other guy taps it
E. Go back and play VFL and don’t come back till you’ve kicked a bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think it be F... All of the above;)

If you had one piece of advice for Rhys Stanley, what would it be?
A. Tackle, tackle tackle
B. Compete for the ball
C. Get to the fwd line asap
D. Stop worrying about the tap just go after it after the other guy taps it
E. Go back and play VFL and don’t come back till you’ve kicked a bag

That is what happened last time he went back to the VFL - he played as a permanent forward who kicked 4 goals but had 0 hitouts because he didn't do any ruck work. What did the MC decide to do, bring him back into the senior side as the #1 ruck while having him spend minimum time forward.

That is what happened last time he went back to the VFL - he played as a permanent forward who kicked 4 goals but had 0 hitouts because he didn't do any ruck work. What did the MC decide to do, bring him back into the senior side as the #1 ruck while having him spend minimum time forward.
Is there a love button instead of like? #BringinAbbott

How good does the forward line look with JJ, Linc and Fogarty? Parfitt and Kelly also really good pressure and crumbing goals. Having small forwards who have pace, pressure and can crumb from Hawkins or Buzza makes the team much better.

Question:

Is Jack Henry any chance for a couple of Rising Star votes?? Been great in defence and very courageous but always generally goes to a mid/fwd.

Kudos to Rainman for getting GAJ a stat he didnt know!!!

GAS and GAJ first F/S to play 200 games for one club.

GO Catters

K rock Football ?
Gaz lit up Metricon Saturday night with his footy and the flashing light show coming from the soles of his boots,very Elton John LOL, my question is was that the first time he has worn those gimmicky boots and have you seen others players in them.I guess he won't bother wearing them this week in a day game.I bet they gave his opponent the irrits as he motored away from them.

Here are two questions for Benny Cass (the Brett Anderson of KROCK football):

1) At the end of the year, we need a ruckman who can compete at centre bounces; make our midfield walk 10 times taller and who can bring his teammates into the play. Cam Guthrie (if he re-signs his contract) is the ideal candidate to trade for ruckman. Should we look at trading Guthrie for a) Scott Lycett or B) Shaun Hampson or Preuss. From a Moneyball strategy, if we trade Guthrie for either Hampson or Preuss, at least there is some TPP room to increase Dan Menzel's remuneration package.

2) The draft is a ripper. Our mid field and key defender stocks look good for the next couple of years. Our forward line is a problem. Tom Hawkins is 30 and we need to recruit another key forward who can occupy the key posts. How about Dillon O'Reilly (Son of Steve O'Reilly). I do have a story to tell one day about what happened after the Geelong V Essendon game at the MCG in May 1993.

The Gov

1) At the end of the year, we need a ruckman who can compete at centre bounces; make our midfield walk 10 times taller and who can bring his teammates into the play. Cam Guthrie (if he re-signs his contract) is the ideal candidate to trade for ruckman. Should we look at trading Guthrie for a) Scott Lycett or B) Shaun Hampson or Preuss. From a Moneyball strategy, if we trade Guthrie for either Hampson or Preuss, at least there is some TPP room to increase Dan Menzel's remuneration package.

2) The draft is a ripper. Our mid field and key defender stocks look good for the next couple of years. Our forward line is a problem. Tom Hawkins is 30 and we need to recruit another key forward who can occupy the key posts. How about Dillon O'Reilly (Son of Steve O'Reilly). I do have a story to tell one day about what happened after the Geelong V Essendon game at the MCG in May 1993.

The Gov

Gov .. just one observation I think you have overlooked the FA component. Guthrie is FA. Lycett is FA. To trade Guthrie after signing him would seem unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gov .. just one observation I think you have overlooked the FA component. Guthrie is FA. Lycett is FA. To trade Guthrie after signing him would seem unlikely.

Why not? The Club would have some leverage and bargaining power at the trade table. I can't see Cam Guthrie been in our best 22. Tim Kelly, Scott Selwood, Sam Menegola, Brandan Parfitt, Jermaine Jones and Lachan Fogarty have leapfrogged him since he injured his ankle.

Why not? The Club would have some leverage and bargaining power at the trade table. I can't see Cam Guthrie been in our best 22. Tim Kelly, Scott Selwood, Sam Menegola, Brandan Parfitt, Jermaine Jones and Lachan Fogarty have leapfrogged him since he injured his ankle.

Not in our best 22... OK dont sign him. To sign him then trade him..is disingenuous. Im not saying your idea is not worthy of debate..just that if you want to trade him out , you probably do not sign him.

Hawkins Game on the weekend was a massive reason for the win.

Tom was able to take Robbie Tarrant to places he didn't want to be and provide more than a strong contest between 30 meters out and the wing. It is a must for Hawk to play the same way against Rance and the Tigers this week

Got any questions for Cas, Kingy or special guest Dazbroncos?

We're record from 4:30pm Tuesday.
Here are two questions for Benny Cass who is the Brett Anderson of KROCK Football:

1) The 2018 draft is a ripper. Our mid field and key defender stocks look good for the next couple of years. Our forward line is a problem. Tom Hawkins is 30 and we need to recruit another key forward who can occupy the key posts. How about Dillon O'Reilly (Son of Steve O'Reilly). I do have a story to tell one day about what happened after the Geelong V Essendon game at the MCG in May 1993.

2) We do need a ruckman. With the likelihood of Cam Guthrie signing a new contract, would it be an excellent idea to trade Cam Guthrie (after he signs up) to gain a ruckman (Shaun Hampson from Richmond or Preuss from North Melbourne). If you look at at Scott Lycett, Scott Lycett has a chance to play in a premiership team in the next 2 years. Why would he leave the Eagles when they are in the window? In my opinion, I have said this on KROCK on heaps of occasions, Tim Kelly, Scott Selwood, Jordan Cunico, The London Fog, Brandan Parfitt, Jermaine Jones and Jordan Murdoch have leapfrogged Cam Guthrie. And, we have been playing better footy without Cam Guthrie in the side.

Pretty big numbers for Thurlow in the vfl - could he develop into a big bodied mid à la Bontempelli? Or with a seeming abundance of medium-sized defenders at the moment will he become trade bait?

Any news on Bailey Scott's decision on where he will nominate? Are Geelong even a small chance or is he out of our reach?

Pretty big numbers for Thurlow in the vfl - could he develop into a big bodied mid à la Bontempelli? Or with a seeming abundance of medium-sized defenders at the moment will he become trade bait?

Any news on Bailey Scott's decision on where he will nominate? Are Geelong even a small chance or is he out of our reach?
With the latest development at the Suns, there is more of a chance of Bailey Scott choosing Geelong. Scott, Brownless, Ablett: 1989 all over again.

The Gov

Gosh tom 30 already!! God I’ll be dead soon-not yet though!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back