Podcast The Cats Cast 2017 - Episode 5 available now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

And we're off, just hit follow on twitter Willo_! As a volume podcast consumer (NBA, tech & US politics) and former podcast host, I know making a good pod takes a lot of time and effort, so good on you for trying to up the game with this one. Small bit of advice, don't expect to be good off the bat, your going to f&#k up a bit, but we'll stick with you if you believe in what you're doing and keep trying to improve. Good luck.

And we're off, just hit follow on twitter Willo_! As a volume podcast consumer (NBA, tech & US politics) and former podcast host, I know making a good pod takes a lot of time and effort, so good on you for trying to up the game with this one. Small bit of advice, don't expect to be good off the bat, your going to f&#k up a bit, but we'll stick with you if you believe in what you're doing and keep trying to improve. Good luck.
Appreciate the kind words... I'm hoping the ones last year were the not good ones :D

I'm fully aware I'm learning as I go... the content and discussion we get is great, just refining a few things to help the polish of it

If I participate on the flogcast will I receive a shiny microphone badge or is that reserved for people with regular ambitions?
You get nothing but the sheer joy and excitement of spending time with your GFC supporters...

And a giant hug from the big guy. :D

The badge is for the organisers and coordinators of said Cats Casts.

GO Catters

Name: Matthew Jelley
State: Victoria
Have you been on a podcast before? No
If Yes have you been on a Bigfooty podcast before? No

Note: I have mixed and recorded a lot of music along with doing spoken word on radio promo spots.
Could possibly write and record a musical intro if there is interest there

All these people posting here are making me realise how seriously under qualified I am to be doing this :D :(

There has not been a single podcast youve done that reflects any under qualification at all..all have been great and well done.

Don't sell yourself short.. If it was easy, anyone would be doing it.

Go Catters

The Cats Cast has arrived for Season 2017!!

To kick off the year I am joined by a draft guru (Budda 230 ) as we take a look back at the National and Rookie drafts of 2016. (and yes I am aware that I forgot to introduce myself at the start :oops: )

SoundCloud link

and am currently uploading to iTunes, it should show in a few hours :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done guys... socks up players and cyril like players ... some good insight there Budda.
Budda , It would seem you think we will have several players contesting for backline spots..not sure how we fit them all in. Do you think Parfitts groin issues affected his kicking length..he didn't seem a long kick in the vids package Ive seen.

Name: Hoody
State: Vic
Have you been on a podcast before? No
If Yes have you been on a Bigfooty podcast before? No

Great effort as always and great listen. Not too long and some super insights.

Well played.

GO Catters

Well done guys... socks up players and cyril like players ... some good insight there Budda.
Budda , It would seem you think we will have several players contesting for backline spots..not sure how we fit them all in. Do you think Parfitts groin issues affected his kicking length..he didn't seem a long kick in the vids package Ive seen.
Thanks Turbo.

There certainly is a good range of backline options on the list now. Lonergan, Taylor, Mackie, Kolodjashnij, Tuohy, Thurlow, Henderson, Stewart, Ruggles and Bews appear to be the mainstay group for 2017. Both Tuohy and Thurlow come straight in for me and as I stated during the podcast, I expect Stewart to feature regularly. There was generally a rotation of seven in defence throughout 2016, so Bews and Ruggles may have to push their case in the VFL at times. I felt we played too tall last year and if the rumours are true that Taylor will be playing forward, there might be a better balance. I also wouldn't be surprised if Mackie was overtaken or moved to play a more offensive role down the ground. Guthrie can obviously float in and out too, but there is less of a need for that to happen with Tuohy and Thurlow.

Yeah, the groin and hip problems certainly could have been affecting Parfitt's kicking distances. Although it seems he lacks some confidence with his kicking overall. I'm hopeful that some coaching and love in an elite system will help improve his efficiency by foot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks Turbo.

There certainly is a good range of backline options on the list now. Lonergan, Taylor, Mackie, Kolodjashnij, Tuohy, Thurlow, Henderson, Stewart, Ruggles and Bews appear to be the mainstay group for 2017. Both Tuohy and Thurlow come straight in for me and as I stated during the podcast, I expect Stewart to feature regularly. There was generally a rotation of seven in defence throughout 2016, so Bews and Ruggles may have to push their case in the VFL at times. I felt we played too tall last year and if the rumours are true that Taylor will be playing forward, there might be a better balance. I also wouldn't be surprised if Mackie was overtaken or moved to play a more offensive role down the ground. Guthrie can obviously float in and out too, but there is less of a need for that to happen with Tuohy and Thurlow.

Yeah, the groin and hip problems certainly could have been affecting Parfitt's kicking distances. Although it seems he lacks some confidence with his kicking overall. I'm hopeful that some coaching and love in an elite system will help improve his efficiency by foot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

At his height, kicking ability and good reading of the ball in flight, he could be a sneaky medium type forward. You know he likes a sausage or 12....

Great work BTW...

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back