Podcast The Cats Cast 2017 - Episode 5 available now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

At his height, kicking ability and good reading of the ball in flight, he could be a sneaky medium type forward. You know he likes a sausage or 12....

Great work BTW...

GO Catters

Parfitt? Really seems a better mid option than a few already on our list but I thought Budda mentioned that it was not his preferred position? Still one gets into the side however I guess.. I did like the look of that Selwood contest although I wait till he does it in a game. It would seem though that when we have added another couple of forward options in Jones and Narkle.. hopefully someone will be able to step up and surprise.

Parfitt? Really seems a better mid option than a few already on our list but I thought Budda mentioned that it was not his preferred position? Still one gets into the side however I guess.. I did like the look of that Selwood contest although I wait till he does it in a game. It would seem though that when we have added another couple of forward options in Jones and Narkle.. hopefully someone will be able to step up and surprise.

I was referring to Mackie (bolded in your quoted post)

And agree that Parfitt will be better in the MF/ forward line as as small forward - preferred MF of the two.

GO Catters

I was referring to Mackie (bolded in your quoted post)

And agree that Parfitt will be better in the MF/ forward line as as small forward - preferred MF of the two.

GO Catters

I didn't see the bolded in Budda's response (didn't click it). Mackie going back to day one was thought of as a forward ..so who knows... he would be a lot stronger now..and really its a different game. It would be good to be able to find a way to get al those names into our backline.

Just finished listening Willo_ and Budda 230. Sensational work, really enjoyed it. Willo, I reckon on Skype calls this is almost the best format - conversation between two people that eliminates a lot of the awkward silences and the problems with audio quality. Try it out a few more times and see if it has legs.

Just finished listening Willo_ and Budda 230. Sensational work, really enjoyed it. Willo, I reckon on Skype calls this is almost the best format - conversation between two people that eliminates a lot of the awkward silences and the problems with audio quality. Try it out a few more times and see if it has legs.
I did think of you when doing it (was going to ask you to jump on as well) as you have suggested to me before to just do a 2 man show.

Works well on this topic I felt as is expert and me to host. Potentially may be different and lack opinions if it was just me and someone talking matches/tactics etc

I did think of you when doing it (was going to ask you to jump on as well) as you have suggested to me before to just do a 2 man show.

Works well on this topic I felt as is expert and me to host. Potentially may be different and lack opinions if it was just me and someone talking matches/tactics etc

As you say Willo , I think it worked well for this specific topic , it was a bit like calling in a draft expert or Wells for the Cats Podcast ..but i also enjoy it when we have that 3 or 4 posters all round tabling it , just talking smack so to speak over a beer and chips.. certainly I was happy to be a part of bigger group to spread the load.

For social media folks

There is also a way to enter via the facebook page.

If one of the friendly bigfooty cats twitter handlers could give the tweet a nudge as well that would really help.

Will be looking at recording a season preview before round 1 so watch this space, just trying to finalise things for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willo are the rumors that contributors get gear true?
I'm considering it :D

Maybe regulars... or when people do a certain amount of shows.

First time listener to the cats casts and I have to say fantastic first episode for 2017.
Willo and Craig burns did an excellent job breaking down the players drafted and giving the average supporter who can't spend those hours following TAC and colts football insight into the junior guys.

Interesting stuff on parfitt being more a inside mid that can play forward great with hands inside exactly what we need firms even further in my eyes for round 1. Narkle I had seen once and agreed really liked the look of that kid inside contested as well. Ratugolea exciting athletic project player his vertical leap sure to excite a few.

Gives a good analysis of why Tom stewart , Abbott and house are on our list right now and why they can all make an impact excited to see more of Tim's contested marking and if tom Stewart can replicate his decision making with less time at AFL level.

Seems like with Zguth elite kicking and composure so far at AFL level our rookie list selections could be better than draft picks.

I would say Sam Simpson the hype train is on full throttle skills like Sam mitchell potential decision maker like Cyril rioli inside 50. And in 5-6 years could be best decision maker on our list no pressure for the 64kg young project.

Also I haven't seen much of Wylie buzza I heard he had a great VFL match last week love to hear where you think he is at in terms of potential AFL football this season !

Last edited:
You have been asking for it! (and i mean you dazbroncos )

and now it is here!

EPISODE 2 of the CATS CAST has landed!

Joined by a twitter listener 'Twiggy' and Geelong Addy journo Ryan Reynolds we look at rd 1, touch on pre season, look forward to the year, and introduce a couple of segments that will run over the year..

also there are prizes!!

ENJOY!
You tube, Sound cloud should be up there ^^ or subscribe and get the notification when it is launched.
Should be on iTunes as well shortly

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back