The Changing Face Of The Premiership Favourite

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows the standard of the season really. Pretty poor.
Lol 58-57. I remember when 91-40 got the AFL to talk state of the game. These fans of the 17 other teams are are delusional, pretending they don't know why the AFL aren't talking about the state of the game now.

From '21 to 23 is so weak it's not funny.

Lucky there is less pressure in the game from 2021 to make 58-57 even possible, I wonder what the scores would've been without the rule changes that they say have made the game better than it's ever been.

This game has become so cringeworthy since they emasculated Richmond.

Then Pies should have lost most of their games after the first 3 rounds.... easy to beat you say.

Lol, and this is why you're just a bigfooty forum poster and not a professional sports coach or tactician.

If Pies lose, it will be because either lions or blues is the better team on the day.
Who’d want to be a coach or tactician?
I’m a superhero !!!!

I think the Giants backline is better than ours. Pies should be able to score more, but so will we. And we won't have an easy time scoring despite our firepower, Pies backline is good.

Kept the Blues forwards to four goals in three quarters. Will back our guys in.

Blues to win at the GABBA next week and the Pies to beat the orange team.
First time I was wrong all finals series today.

Lions with the upset and through to a Grand Final. Happy days!

24 shots bud. Charlie won't miss 4 shots at goal again.
Brisbane also tend to have more erratic goal kicking performances at home rather than away this season (I'm tempted to say over the last few seasons but too lazy to look that up).

50% or higher accuracy: 7-6 at home vs 9-3 away in 2023.

Overall accuracy in Victoria this season: 58%. That would've got you 14.10.94 on the weekend, or been enough to win GWS through to the grand final.

Lol 58-57. I remember when 91-40 got the AFL to talk state of the game. These fans of the 17 other teams are are delusional, pretending they don't know why the AFL aren't talking about the state of the game now.

From '21 to 23 is so weak it's not funny.

Lucky there is less pressure in the game from 2021 to make 58-57 even possible, I wonder what the scores would've been without the rule changes that they say have made the game better than it's ever been.

This game has become so cringeworthy since they emasculated Richmond.
Yuk.
Richmond

Brisbane also tend to have more erratic goal kicking performances at home rather than away this season (I'm tempted to say over the last few seasons but too lazy to look that up).

50% or higher accuracy: 7-6 at home vs 9-3 away in 2023.

Overall accuracy in Victoria this season: 58%. That would've got you 14.10.94 on the weekend, or been enough to win GWS through to the grand final.
You'd expect better accuracy in Vic when they play pretty much every match under a roof.

Going to be another Pies GF loss Fadgey.
The blueprint to win was exposed last night. With McStay out you physically target Elliot, Hill and Collingwood won’t kick a score to win. Sit someone on Degoey, target Naicos and play a decoy tall on Moore.
Game done, winner either Brisbane or Carlton. It’s going to be too easy.

Bobby Hill saved it.

Time to put a fat red line line through Collingwood. Very ordinary list that has overarchieved for nearly 2 years.

Without Darcy Moore the backline looks like a bunch of local footballers. Forward line is bottom 4. Midfield rotations lack quality. Depth issues everywhere.

Most alarming is the sheer number of below-average footballers they roll out each week - Last night Ryan (who?), Lipinski, Cox, Markov, Ginnivan, McCreery, Hoskin-Elliot, Frampton & Murphy.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they finish 14th in 2024.

2023 Premiers, not really an overachievment.

Bobby Hill saved it.

2023 Premiers, not really an overachievment.
Who would have thought you could win a premiership with Billy Frampton as full forward, replacing McStay, not getting anywhere near it, Murphy out in the first…..
Unbelievable win by the Pies. Cracking game to boot.
Best team won it this year.
Nobody’s going to argue that.
We’ll done Pies 🤮 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weekends results show how weak a year it is. Collingwood the standout. Port was up there but shows with a couple of injuries they are seriously flaky. Third place Bears can’t win on the G. Bulldogs are unreliable, along with the Saints and Crows.
Hmm…

Well done on picking the team that has been the favourite since round 3 to win the flag.

Elite.
Thanks, but to be fair it was always pretty straightforward.

Like Geelong last year, this year was incredibly weak from a competition perspective.

Two top four teams so flaky they went out in straight sets. The prelims consisted of two sides who were 14th and 15th respectively at the end of round 15 this year playing 1st and 2nd on their home deck, after a weeks break.

Then the Lions playing Collingwood on their home deck.

Best side this year by a long way.
But both foresight and hindsight in this thread is correct- they really didn’t have too much to beat.

Thanks, but to be fair it was always pretty straightforward.

Like Geelong last year, this year was incredibly weak from a competition perspective.

Two top four teams so flaky they went out in straight sets. The prelims consisted of two sides who were 14th and 15th respectively at the end of round 15 this year playing 1st and 2nd on their home deck, after a weeks break.

Then the Lions playing Collingwood on their home deck.

Best side this year by a long way.
But both foresight and hindsight in this thread is correct- they really didn’t have too much to beat.
I'm glad you enjoyed watching two more Grand Final teams that would have destroyed the Richmond 2017-20 teams.

I'm glad you enjoyed watching two more Grand Final teams that would have destroyed the Richmond 2017-20 teams.
You seem quite obsessed with comparing many things to my club and players. Have you dropped from your premiership high enough to start posting in the Dustin Martin thread yet? You’ve left it alone for the good part of 24 hours.

You seem quite obsessed with comparing many things to my club and players. Have you dropped from your premiership high enough to start posting in the Dustin Martin thread yet? You’ve left it alone for the good part of 24 hours.
I'm done with that thread - will invest my time in celebrating legitimate greats of the game, like Scott Pendlebury.

I'm done with that thread - will invest my time in celebrating legitimate greats of the game, like Scott Pendlebury.
Seriously mate, that’s really good to hear.

With over 1500 posts from you over those two threads in the last 12 months, I was a little worried about the severity of your obsession with him. Fantastic you are now in a good space.

Enjoy your flag, always a great feeling the days after your team winning the GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back