The Changing Face Of The Premiership Favourite

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees clearly ran out of puff last year, faded hard after the second half. Petracca was on one leg against Brisbane, the whole team looked pretty beat up though. Collingwood didn't win it last year but they grinded hard all year, let's see how they look at the end of the season. Goddamn do they look nice and tasty right now, but Darcy Moore pulls an ACL before the finals or DeGoey has a few too many bevvies on his mid-season bender and I think they'd look a little bit less nice and tasty.

You need a bit of luck to win a premiership I think, healthy list and such. Good luck to anyone betting now. Bet responsibly and you win some and lose more etc.
Collingwood look like the clear team to beat atm, but a team like Brisbane might be the ones to try & time their run into finals better than previous years, to give them a real shake.

Two on the trot - form team.
The Hawthorn juggernaut has awoken.
Have we left our run too late?
Port vs Hawks this Saturday could be a preview of what's to come in September.
[could do with a few gallons of water too but that's another issue]

At the moment i think the grand final will be Collingwood vs the Dees. If Port and/or Brisbane get a home prelim, they will make the grand final instead.

Somethings off about the dees at the moment, but it is somewhat similar to us in 2019 before we hit form after the bye.

Melbourne are a strange one.
Even with Oliver, they have been inconsistent and the list is smack bang in a premiership window. Their back-line and forward line looks unsettled. May, Lever & Grundy have dropped off. Gawn is clearly not at his best either.
Can't rely on Pickett and Fritsch to kick the bulk of your goals.

It's Collingwood's to lose.

If they don't win it this year they never will.

We're only at the half way point, but Pies are clearly better than an average group of plodders chasing.

Port half a chance. Brisbane get home sick. Melbourne and the Bulldogs drink their own bath water. Adelaide aren't ready. And Geelong are marginally less sh!thouse than my mob.

Over to you Collingwood. You've managed to find a way to F it up 12 x in my lifetime, it will be a disaster if it's 13 in 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment i think the grand final will be Collingwood vs the Dees. If Port and/or Brisbane get a home prelim, they will make the grand final instead.

Somethings off about the dees at the moment, but it is somewhat similar to us in 2019 before we hit form after the bye.
We’d be better off playing at marvel…

Round 11 - Collingwood ($3.25) - The Magpies firm further after a professional victory over North Melbourne whilst all other Premiership favourites (with the exception of Port Adelaide) stumble in a round of upsets. A third straight loss to Geelong mean they are struggling to make the Top 8 let alone Top 4 - surely we can put a line through them now? Melbourne continue their patchy form with an upset loss against Fremantle in Melbourne. Port Adelaide and Brisbane (despite their loss to Adelaide) appear to be the next best sides in it after Collingwood and occupy the second and third places on the ladder respectively. Popular selections over the pre-season Carlton and Richmond are now sitting at $81 and $101 respectively for those interested.

nah. they suck.

Playing for a top 4 spot and still couldn't even beat the Gold Coast WITH the 2016 Grand Final umpires.
You seen the free kick differentials this year for our respective teams? 😂

You seen the free kick differentials this year for our respective teams? 😂

was talking about the dogs being premiership material not the lions. and im not denying we don't get a good run at the gabba at times, nothing to do with the subject.

just not sure how u can be considered serious contenders If u can't beat Gold Coast suns full stop and then throw in the umps gifting it to you and still can't.

was talking about the dogs being premiership material not the lions. and im not denying we don't get a good run at the gabba at times, nothing to do with the subject.

just not sure how u can be considered serious contenders If u can't beat Gold Coast suns full stop and then throw in the umps gifting it to you and still can't.
No, you made a reference to the 2016 grand final umpiring, insinuating we should’ve won with flawed umpiring, despite on average being +1 free kick on average per game for the season.

And - sometimes if you’re slightly off (which given the draw we’d had - specifically the travel - to that point I don’t think is unreasonable) you get done. We beat you in round three, I don’t suspect you think we’re better than you because of it, nor do I.

No, you made a reference to the 2016 grand final umpiring, insinuating we should’ve won with flawed umpiring, despite on average being +1 free kick on average per game for the season.

And - sometimes if you’re slightly off (which given the draw we’d had - specifically the travel - to that point I don’t think is unreasonable) you get done. We beat you in round three, I don’t suspect you think we’re better than you because of it, nor do I.

maybe.. yes I think if you can bet Gold Coast with that kind of service from the umpires I question your premiership chances. correct. anyway that's neither here or there.

So I think ATM I the premiership chances are... ( in order.)

Pies
Lions
Dees
Cats
Port

Round 11 - Collingwood ($3.25) - The Magpies firm further after a professional victory over North Melbourne whilst all other Premiership favourites (with the exception of Port Adelaide) stumble in a round of upsets. A third straight loss to Geelong mean they are struggling to make the Top 8 let alone Top 4 - surely we can put a line through them now? Melbourne continue their patchy form with an upset loss against Fremantle in Melbourne. Port Adelaide and Brisbane (despite their loss to Adelaide) appear to be the next best sides in it after Collingwood and occupy the second and third places on the ladder respectively. Popular selections over the pre-season Carlton and Richmond are now sitting at $81 and $101 respectively for those interested.
If Geelong sneak into 5th-8th somewhere it wouldn't be out of the question for them to make a Bulldogs '16, GWS '19 or Bulldogs '21 style run to the grand final. It might involve a run of say Bulldogs or St Kilda, then Melbourne or Brisbane, then Collingwood or Port.

I still think 4th is up for grabs too unless Melbourne beat Geelong at GMHBA and St Kilda at Marvel over the next month.

The Geelong games vs Port (twice), Brisbane away and Collingwood at the G will probably let us know if they're cooked this season or if they are a dangerous team come finals.

With Danger, Duncan and Holmes back for the Port game after the bye I could see them raising their level to that of the rest of the chasing pack and then who knows.

I don't see Geelong coming from 5-8th to win it, particularly if their form remains patchy. Very reliant on senior key players who they managed to get cherry ripe for finals last year. But Dangerfield etc will likely need to play in the latter half of the season just to ensure they qualify for finals.

I agree its definitely Collingwood's to lose at this stage - and I like that because historically they are most vulnerable in that situation. The Pies thrive on the underdog status and dont like the favouritism tag.

Having said that, their current side is favourites because they never quit and I dont see that changing this finals series - as they have the added motivation of atoning for their near miss last year.

Collingwood

Large gap

Brisbane, Port, Melbourne

Round 12 - Collingwood ($3.25) - Collingwood remain firm favourites after winning their 11th of their first 12 games of the season. Melbourne and Brisbane share the second line, with Port Adelaide on the third line of betting. These four teams appear the likely top 4, though the Kings Birthday match will tell us a lot about Melbourne's prospects in 2023.

Round 12 - Collingwood ($3.25) - Collingwood remain firm favourites after winning their 11th of their first 12 games of the season. Melbourne and Brisbane share the second line, with Port Adelaide on the third line of betting. These four teams appear the likely top 4, though the Kings Birthday match will tell us a lot about Melbourne's prospects in 2023.
Melbourne will remain overrated right until they underwhelm till season's end then get pushed aside in finals again.

Melbourne will remain overrated right until they underwhelm till season's end then get pushed aside in finals again.
yep. Melbourne couldn't even beat Freo in Melbourne. Weren't having a bad day, just not as good as suggested by some on here.

Coll, Brisbane, and Port are in it to win it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back