Roast The Chant | ITS TIME!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this guy that mounted the statue and sang the song.

bomberonstatue.jpg

The 'Esssseeeennndonnnnn' thing is fun just to take the piss out of pies fans, wouldn't like it being done against other clubs. I was able to see the pepper spray incident and the other bloke getting thrown out. Was very close to both cop and collingwood fan falling face first down the stairs.

* the 4th quarter was fun (not for those reasons exactly).

The 'Esssseeeennndonnnnn' thing is fun just to take the piss out of pies fans, wouldn't like it being done against other clubs. I was able to see the pepper spray incident and the other bloke getting thrown out. Was very close to both cop and collingwood fan falling face first down the stairs.

**** the 4th quarter was fun (not for those reasons exactly).

What the hell was it about? I was right on the Essendon members edge of the AFL members stand, seemed to keep going on.

What the hell was it about? I was right on the Essendon members edge of the AFL members stand, seemed to keep going on.

Honestly not sure, I was a few bays over and only picked up on it once the cop started trying to throw the guy out. It didn't look like there was a fight or anything though.. Just looked like the guy might have been drunk and causing a hassle (not sure though) so the cop decided to throw him out. But when the cop tried the guy kept resisting, not fighting back but just being a pain in the ass and struggling. Then they both got a bit physical and almost went face first down the steps, the other officer jumped in to help and the guys mate looked like he was about to grab them so they just pepper sprayed him.

Yeah they were unbelievable! Kudos to all. We waited a long long time to get a win over the pies and all the emotion spilt out + it was a huge game for us of course.

Managed to get the "We are Essendon" chant going a few times in the last quarter at the back of section M52.
Jealous. All we got was a bloke trying the old "EEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEENDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ESSENDON -clapclapclap- ESSENDON" etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, i saw it also more as a sarcastic chant against collingwood rather than a serious one.

Another great thing - i don't think they did their cooolingowood chant even once?

Yeh, i saw it also more as a sarcastic chant against collingwood rather than a serious one.

Another great thing - i don't think they did their cooolingowood chant even once?
We were in front from the 13 minute mark of the 1st quarter until the final siren. I doubt they had a chance, haha.

We used the Collingwood chant way back in 2000 before it became the war cry of the Pies today so I'm not sure it's theft.

I'm really not sure about this thread, some people make out like we don't make a noise at all. And there's nothing wrong with a nice, loud, simple "Essendon clapclapclap". I do agree that it would be nice to have an unofficial theme song though.

Would love to get footage of the chant without the commentary. It was just unbelievable how loud it got at the game. Would love for us to get a similar soccer-style chant that we can use. We are Essendon is way too quick and only ends up in people around the ground clapping insanely fast instead of chanting.

Like I said previously, I can never see a soccer style chant being successfully used at an AFL game. Things can and do change quickly on the field and when that does happen, people's attention turns to it.
The atmosphere was awesome in the 2nd half today, without the need for a soccer style chant.

Like I said previously, I can never see a soccer style chant being successfully used at an AFL game. Things can and do change quickly on the field and when that does happen, people's attention turns to it.
The atmosphere was awesome in the 2nd half today, without the need for a soccer style chant.
You do know the chant we did today is a soccer style chant yeah?

'Eeeeeeeeeeessssssssssseeeeennnndoonnn, Eeeeeeeeeeessssssssssseeeeennnndoonnn' a la the 'Collingwood' chant would work. Try it, it sounds pretty good.
They started that crap around me, up the Punt Rd End, was embarrassed by it actually :thumbsdown:

Sorry, but you are misinformed... it's WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWooooooooooooooooooonSuuuuuuuuuckShiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

:cool:

I'm old school, I prefer the: ooh ma, ooh ma ka, ooh ma ka ka.. uh uh

But you have to give the old fashioned two fingers at the end of it :D

Taking the piss out of "Collingwood's" (even though Sydney actually did it long before them but doesn't sound as good with shitty turnouts) chant was brilliant.

I think most supporters know it was only for a laugh and not a regular thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back