FTA-TV The Chase

Remove this Banner Ad

Started watching this when the only version on telly was the English one, tried watching the Australian one but can't stand Andrew O'Keefe.
He's about as authentic as a $3 note, and he certainly loves the sound of his own voice.

I'm anally retentive enough to actually edit the show down to just the quizzing. I get rid of all of his monologues and the interviews with the contestants (I couldn't give a s**t about their backgrounds). Between removing the advertisements and the in-show rubbish, the episodes usually come in at around 28 minutes.

I edit the individual & team cash builders down to 70 seconds (3 seconds before, to 7 seconds after). I edit the individual chases down, from the point where the camera pans up on the board just before the first question, to the hand-shake (if the contestant succeeds) or when the board goes red (if they fail). It's so much more watchable without the dross.

** Yes, I am that anally retentive.

He's about as authentic as a $3 note, and he certainly loves the sound of his own voice.

I'm anally retentive enough to actually edit the show down to just the quizzing. I get rid of all of his monologues and the interviews with the contestants (I couldn't give a s**t about their backgrounds). Between removing the advertisements and the in-show rubbish, the episodes usually come in at around 28 minutes.

I edit the individual & team cash builders down to 70 seconds (3 seconds before, to 7 seconds after). I edit the individual chases down, from the point where the camera pans up on the board just before the first question, to the hand-shake (if the contestant succeeds) or when the board goes red (if they fail). It's so much more watchable without the dross.

** Yes, I am that anally retentive.

Don't edit the Australian one, watch the English one.(If you do, good on you). Bradley Walsh makes the interviews good, he's no Graham Norton or Michael Parkinson but he brings the best out of people he speaks to and he has a bit of dry wit about him, like when he makes a corny joke and has a strained giggle at it.
I like to watch the chases and try to answer the questions from the top target. It's surprising how many you get right just because they seem the best answer.

Don't edit the Australian one, watch the English one.(If you do, good on you). Bradley Walsh makes the interviews good, he's no Graham Norton or Michael Parkinson but he brings the best out of people he speaks to and he has a bit of dry wit about him, like when he makes a corny joke and has a strained giggle at it.
I like to watch the chases and try to answer the questions from the top target. It's surprising how many you get right just because they seem the best answer.
I like the UK version, and I wouldn't edit it (other than removing the ads). I just get frustrated because there are so many UK-specific questions which I have no hope of answering. Questions like "Which radio presenter left station X in 2015?", or questions about UK geography or sport. I'm sure any non-Australian watching the Australian Chase would have similar problems.

The Australian version us unwatchable without the harsh editing I apply.

Same with Pointless. The props for the Australian one look like they were made in a sweatshop somewhere, and the shortened version makes it unwatchable. And Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman are great co-hosts.
Couldn't get into uk Pointless and by all accounts i'm lucky not to have seen the aussie version.

Same with Pointless. The props for the Australian one look like they were made in a sweatshop somewhere, and the shortened version makes it unwatchable. And Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman are great co-hosts.

Well in the UK, The Pointless Studio and The Chase Studio are side by side in the same building and they are normally recording at the same time.

On the UK Chase one of the questions was "What mammal emits a foul-smelling odor from glands below it's tail?" The options were beaver, raccoon and skunk and the answer was obviously skunk. The chaser (Anne Hegerty) pointed out that the beaver also had a smell but it was not as strong. The camera then panned to Bradley Walsh who was trying not to laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back