The Chelsea roller-coaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Will any of these guys pump money in like Abramovich did?
No. We are never going to end up with another owner as generous as Abramovich(not unless you end up being state owned and have your revenue artificially pumped up like City/PSG/Newcastle), those days are over and it was quite the ride. Seems like it'll be a more sustainable model, but we are set up well to continue on around where we are now.

I don't think we'll be challenging for the league anymore but we'll still be able to push for Cups. We need to upgrade the stadium to increase our revenue to try and close the gap and by the sounds of it that is an important part of the bidding process.

No. We are never going to end up with another owner as generous as Abramovich(not unless you end up being state owned and have your revenue artificially pumped up like City/PSG/Newcastle), those days are over and it was quite the ride. Seems like it'll be a more sustainable model, but we are set up well to continue on around where we are now.

I don't think we'll be challenging for the league anymore but we'll still be able to push for Cups. We need to upgrade the stadium to increase our revenue to try and close the gap and by the sounds of it that is an important part of the bidding process.
Welcome back to the rest of us who arent Manchester City.

I don't think we'll be challenging for the league anymore but we'll still be able to push for Cups. We need to upgrade the stadium to increase our revenue to try and close the gap and by the sounds of it that is an important part of the bidding process
Well well well. Richer than us yet need funds from a stadium increase to compete..

Yet I’m told I’m clueless when I say that for us, who are poorer

Well well well. Richer than us yet need funds from a stadium increase to compete..

Yet I’m told I’m clueless when I say that for us, who are poorer

Yeah we'll need to replace that Roman top up cash or we'll slip back to the pack. Then we have Newcastle probably being another City so if going to be tough for the rest of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, why are these guys so bad?
Not actually them but their father Joe who is a bit of a typical white American racist(anti-islamic).

Thankfully he's not part of the consortium which is his son Tom and his children(who are very progressive). This consortium is being bankrolled by Ken Griffin who apparently is 3 times as wealthy as Roman(though I doubt he'd be as generous).

The Ricketts aren't seen as great owners by a lot Cubs fans so it's a bit of a worry.

Last edited:

Yeah ive read that, he doesn't sound like he'll be as generous as Roman. Though he does like to spend on things he loves, apparently his art collection is worth over $1b.

I'm more worried about how the Ricketts have run the Cubs than anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back