Remove this Banner Ad

Indie_

The Boy Who Lived
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
More like FSG I think. Broehly seems like a real smart operator.

I’ll admit that I don’t know the full ins and outs of how Boehly operates, but his tenure at the LA Dodgers has essentially involved massively outspending every other MLB franchise (including the Yankees and Red Sox) and creating a winning team by spending more money than everyone else on established superstars like Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman or trading for established superstars like Trea Turner.

He’s not going to be able to outspend everyone else in the Premier League. Will have to find a way to compete beyond financial muscle.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
I’ll admit that I don’t know the full ins and outs of how Boehly operates, but his tenure at the LA Dodgers has essentially involved massively outspending every other MLB franchise (including the Yankees and Red Sox) and creating a winning team by spending more money than everyone else on established superstars like Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman or trading for established superstars like Trea Turner.

He’s not going to be able to outspend everyone else in the Premier League. Will have to find a way to compete beyond financial muscle.
Yeah, we aren't outspending City, United and Newcastle so as with you guys we'll need to be smarter about how we do business. Listening to Boehly talk he seems to know this, this will be his baby and I guess time to come out of Mark Walters shadow and do it all for himself so to speak.

That seems to be a focus with the stadium upgrade earmarked a way to increase revenue.

Happy to see the light at the end of a pretty dark tunnel.

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, we aren't outspending City, United and Newcastle so as with you guys we'll need to be smarter about how we do business. Listening to Boehly talk he seems to know this, this will be his baby and I guess time to come out of Mark Walters shadow and do it all for himself so to speak.

That seems to be a focus with the stadium upgrade earmarked a way to increase revenue.

Happy to see the light at the end of a pretty dark tunnel.
We’ll still bag trophies. It’s in our DNA.

chef

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sanctioned FC
Well it was well hidden in your DNA before Abramovich money came along. You may not remember that period
Was it?

I remember winning stuff before Roman, not as many trophies but we still did win some. I'll never forget the start of this game.

Last edited:

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Was it?

I remember winning stuff before Roman, not as many trophies but we still did win some. I'll never forget the start of this game.

Oh yeah they did win some trophies and good luck but would say ‘bag’ them or in their DNA as being a fair bit over the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad