The Chelsea roller-coaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Marina left there was no role left for Big Pete unfortunately, he was brought in as a go between between her and the managers.

All faith in Thomas and Todd this window now(until he can build his own group), I hope they know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Once Marina left there was no role left for Big Pete unfortunately, he was brought in as a go between between her and the managers.

All faith in Thomas and Todd this window now(until he can build his own group), I hope they know what they're doing.
The only concern I would have if I was a Chelsea fan is that the owner seems to be getting involved in transfers (Meeting with Mendes). Sometimes this is fine but it is still a shitshow at United for this reason among others. Joel Glazer still has to sign off every transfer deal we do and Woodward thought making friends with agents in order to get the best players in the world was a valid transfer strategy. The agents just exploited him (Raiola and Mendes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only concern I would have if I was a Chelsea fan is that the owner seems to be getting involved in transfers (Meeting with Mendes). Sometimes this is fine but it is still a shitshow at United for this reason among others. Joel Glazer still has to sign off every transfer deal we do and Woodward thought making friends with agents in order to get the best players in the world was a valid transfer strategy. The agents just exploited him (Raiola and Mendes).

Same thing's happening at Hull. Seems a bit strange, but he's convinced Seri to sign for us and a few others, but it seems a pretty unusual state of affairs to have the owner so involved.

I guess he kind of has to atm as we are still sorting out our sporting director position out. It's good to hear we are chasing guys like Edwards and Mitchell for the role.

But yeah, we don't know yet just how hands on Boehly will be.

Same thing's happening at Hull. Seems a bit strange, but he's convinced Seri to sign for us and a few others, but it seems a pretty unusual state of affairs to have the owner so involved.
It's how it happens at amateur level. Chelsea has gone backwards. You admitted even Hull do it. Its sad to see what has become of Chelsea, a once professional unit. Their fans better get the best search engines ready with deep mind depth to find out about the players they're gonna be signing now.

It's how it happens at amateur level. Chelsea has gone backwards. You admitted even Hull do it. Its sad to see what has become of Chelsea, a once professional unit. Their fans better get the best search engines ready with deep mind depth to find out about the players they're gonna be signing now.

Ok

Well sure but that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Yes he's right, selling Gallagher for 40m would off-set year one of 280m of spend spread over 7 years, but the next year you need to expense another 40m, the year after another 40m, etc.

Well sure but that's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Yes he's right, selling Gallagher for 40m would off-set year one of 280m of spend spread over 7 years, but the next year you need to expense another 40m, the year after another 40m, etc.
Not even taking into account next years purchases either so likely higher than 40m in subsequent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back