The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

they'll still be tough to beat, one of only a few teams who will get the better of the Heat but good to see they will not risk Rose.
The guy is a phenomenon and the bigger picture is what it's all about.

Offseason could be interesting

Deng is on his last year of his deal. Hopefully we can trade him off to the wizards for their 1st round this year. Then next off season Boozer and Gibson need to go as we have Mirotic coming over and we need to make a run at Lebron or Melo in free agency.

I'm obviously running late here :). But its floated around that there's not much market for Deng as a rental, and certainly not in this weak draft. Last I saw mirotic probably another year away, he makes more than the rookie wage in euro league

I'm obviously running late here :). But its floated around that there's not much market for Deng as a rental, and certainly not in this weak draft. Last I saw mirotic probably another year away, he makes more than the rookie wage in euro league
Highly doubt any team will trade for Deng as a 1 year rental, I don't see the point of shipping him off ATM considering it's highly unlikely we'll get anything of equal value in return.

Butler is a star in the making, and perfect for us because he is defense first. But he is developing a really solid offensive game too. Cant wait to see him play a full season, as a starter, next to Rose, Deng, Booze and Noah.

Playoff Time

1213-bulls-608.jpg

tumblr_m80hwtejW51rty0sjo1_500.gif

images

Thanks to Thibs playing in the last few reg season games. Plus Thibs cost pick 18 in the draft now we have 20. I still blame Thibs for Rose getting hurt.

Dude, he would be playing limited minutes regardless of whether he played the last few regular season games.

It's good that he got some minutes before the playoffs to wash off some of that rust, limited Jo is better than no Jo.

Great defensive win.

Noah and Kirk huge down stretch, man i love this team!
We were just terrific defensively from start to finish. Kirk did an unbelievable job on D-Will. Williams hit one field goal the entire game, shot 1-9 and didnt get into double figures in points. Butler locked down on Johnson, with his only impact coming with two fourth quarter three's that got the Net's within 4 points. But it wasnt just individual, it was a team defense that just suffocated the Nets.

More of that in Game 3 and 4. I would love a Rose return. Would be Willis Reed like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what a day between the Spurs comeback, Steph Curry and his insane shooting and our little man guiding us home against the Heat in Miami with no Deng, Kirk and D Rose.

Today you realise why and how much you love this ball club and the coaches, so much heart so much grit and so much effort. Jimmy Butler best game for the Bulls (seem to be saying that regularly) Nate Robinson has been huge all back half of year, Bello was great and so were the others. Amazing game

See Red.

Thinking again about next seasons team atm worst case the team would look like this

Rose - Teague
Butler - Hinrich
Deng - Vet Min/Drafte
Boozer - Gibson - Thomas
Noah - Draftee/Nazr

I think we only have the Mini MLE next season which is 3 mil. However if We could move one of Boozer/Gibson/Hinrich we could have the 5 mil MLE. Imo we got a choice to make. Personally i would try 2 things

(The Best imo) 1 - Let Marco walk and try to get Nate to take 3yrs/9 million dollars. Leaves with this Rotation

Rose - Nate
Butler - Hinrich
Deng - Vet (Brewer?)/Draftee
Boozer - Gibson - Thomas
Noah - Draftee/Nazr

2 - Trade Boozer to Brooklyn for Mr Kardashian and Brooks. Saves abit of Cash next season to keep Nate and Kardashian is off the books at the end of the year. I'm a fan of Brooks and Malcom Thomas will be back next year for the Bulls and he can play. Him and Butler were great in the Summer League this year. Kardashian can play 10 minutes when needed.

Is there any way we can get a number 2 this offseason or do we just roll with Butler at the 2 and see how much he improves? Don't think we have enough offense with Jimmy unfortunately, but I think ultimately he replaces Deng.

Is there any way we can get a number 2 this offseason or do we just roll with Butler at the 2 and see how much he improves? Don't think we have enough offense with Jimmy unfortunately, but I think ultimately he replaces Deng.
We could. If they want to fix the SG Role. You Could maybe try and move up in this years for the Wizards Draft Pick. They will have around Pick 6-10 and they want to make the playoffs Deng would be perfect for them. We could offer them Deng and Pick 20 Which we got for the Draft for Their Pick and Draft Shabazz Muhammad. It could also maybe allow us to Keep both Marco and Nate next season.

A Team next season of

Rose - Nate - Teague
Shabazz - Hinrich
Butler - Marco
Boozer - Gibson - Thomas
Noah - Vet or Nazr

Is pretty good plus in Summer of 2014 you can Ammensty Boozer and Bring in Mirotic (Who is over in Madrid and will be a very solid Nba Player) by Buying his Contract and add another role player. Plus we have the Bobcats pick still up our sleeve

We could. If they want to fix the SG Role. You Could maybe try and move up in this years for the Wizards Draft Pick. They will have around Pick 6-10 and they want to make the playoffs Deng would be perfect for them. We could offer them Deng and Pick 20 Which we got for the Draft for Their Pick and Draft Shabazz Muhammad. It could also maybe allow us to Keep both Marco and Nate next season.

I doubt we can get high enough to get McLemore and even Shabazz is a bit of a stretch, I really like Caldwell-Pope from Georgia and will be perfect for us with his outside shooting. Had a great year this year and probably has also moved up the ratings slightly.

As for other roster changes, we could be scary good if we kept everyone and got Rose back but obviously not going to happen.

I want to keep Nate but then we lose Bello and vice versa so truthfully I really don't know what I would do, Nate gives us instance offence and unpredictability that can win or lose games on his own back. Bello is more predictable and has really improved this year and also gives us an outside shooter.. Tough tough call.

Boozer deserves loyalty for mine as does Deng unless a super deal gets put together for us like an upgrade at SG level, we can make a play at JJ and JR Smith though both unlikely to be in our financial grasp and also probably doesn't benefit us as much as we think unless we can get on the cheap and after JR's year that's not going to happen.

Look at how much Butlers offence has improved this year, I think he is going to be a great player and definitely replaces Deng long term IMO. Can he add anther 5-7 ppg is the question though?

Look at how much Butlers offence has improved this year, I think he is going to be a great player and definitely replaces Deng long term IMO. Can he add anther 5-7 ppg is the question though?
If he can improve his shot the sky is the limit. Playing next to Rose is going to get him a lot of open ones and he needs to nail them.

With Kirk guaranteed next year unfortunately I think its the end of Nate in Chicago. I'd like to keep Belinelli if possible as he's a SG that can actually shoot and would be a great bench option.

FWIW:

Rose-Kirk-Teague
Butler-Beli
Deng-
Boozer-Taj
Noah-Vet

Think that's what we'll most likely see next year. Its a nice looking team but still don't think it ha enough offense to beat Miami. Need another big or two given Noah and Boozers history.

Deng's contract finally becomes an expiring so that could get us something good. If not keep him at a reduced rate, no need to just get rid of him.

Best thing about the end of this season - no more Rip! :D Would've been a great signing ten years ago.

Another Rotation we could see next year is

Rose - Teague
Butler - Hinrich
Deng - Marco
Boozer - Gibson
Noah - Nazr

If he can improve his shot the sky is the limit. Playing next to Rose is going to get him a lot of open ones and he needs to nail them.

With Kirk guaranteed next year unfortunately I think its the end of Nate in Chicago. I'd like to keep Belinelli if possible as he's a SG that can actually shoot and would be a great bench option.

FWIW:

Rose-Kirk-Teague
Butler-Beli
Deng-
Boozer-Taj
Noah-Vet

Think that's what we'll most likely see next year. Its a nice looking team but still don't think it ha enough offense to beat Miami. Need another big or two given Noah and Boozers history.

Deng's contract finally becomes an expiring so that could get us something good. If not keep him at a reduced rate, no need to just get rid of him.

Best thing about the end of this season - no more Rip! :D Would've been a great signing ten years ago.
I like this, I think it's sad to lose Nate but Kirk is better defensively and we wont need Nate's offense with Rose back. I think we have enough offense to beat Miami with D-Rose in the team. Not only does he average around 25ppg but the offense he opens up for everyone else is huge, getting easy looks for Booze and Noah in the paint and Bellinelli from the outside.

Deng is key, great defender and can score 15-20ppg. Butler is key also, better defender than Deng and is improving all the time, if his shooting continues to improve, we will have a star on our hands. What we need with the mini 3 mill MLE next season is a vet who can score to come off the bench at the 3. But a veteran who can actually contribute and wants a shot at a title. Rip was a nice idea but was never up to it, his body was shot. No idea who this could be though.

Oh yeah and is 14/15 the earliest Mirotic can come across?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back