Remove this Banner Ad

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Bradley has ABSOLUTELY owned Butler in this series, if you are "the" guy you need to do much more than what Jimmy has in this series, Boston deserve to win series and have an epic against Washington while we would be lucky to steal one of them IMO.

Let's focus on the Off Season and getting rid of some dead wood.

hbk_aus

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Butler is like the rest of them - has struggled without Rondo there. Also reports that he is playing with a fairly banged-up knee.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
That was insipid. Absolute trash in a game 6 at Home.

Wade- Awful, Just awful, was -27 went 1/10 and didn't try defensively (Like most of the year)) I dont care how stiff you thought calls were. DEFEND!!!!!! Please Opt Out

Niko- Pack it up.

MCW, Canaan, Payne can all go, I don't want to see any of these clowns in a Bulls uniform ever again.

It is going to get a lot worse than better.

* you Gar Pax and ownership

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Bradley has ABSOLUTELY owned Butler in this series, if you are "the" guy you need to do much more than what Jimmy has in this series, Boston deserve to win series and have an epic against Washington while we would be lucky to steal one of them IMO.

Let's focus on the Off Season and getting rid of some dead wood.

I'm not the greatest Butler fan, I think there are glaring weaknesses in his game and his value as a player is over-rated. However, I thought he did quite well in game 6 when you consider he was playing with a suspect knee, no Rondo in support, and Wade doing absolutely nothing.

hbk_aus

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
I actually agreed with a lot of that article..

The flow on affect from trading Butler is Wade opts out.. Going to be a very very interesting off season

Yeah David Haugh is one of the better Bulls writers out there, doesnt sugarcoat it or tread lightly for fear of upsetting the Bulls. I hope Wade opts out either way but would you opt out of that guaranteed money? Depends on what else he has on the table i guess but I doubt it is anywhere near what the Bulls are going to have to pay him.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah David Haugh is one of the better Bulls writers out there, doesnt sugarcoat it or tread lightly for fear of upsetting the Bulls. I hope Wade opts out either way but would you opt out of that guaranteed money? Depends on what else he has on the table i guess but I doubt it is anywhere near what the Bulls are going to have to pay him.

No i wouldn't and i don't think he will either, He isn't getting 23 million from anyone else. I hope Miami feel they let him down get him back for a big chunk of that and we can move on. It was a terrible signing. I get the romance and the early season form but it was never going to end well (Hindsight is great)

hbk_aus

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
No i wouldn't and i don't think he will either, He isn't getting 23 million from anyone else. I hope Miami feel they let him down get him back for a big chunk of that and we can move on. It was a terrible signing. I get the romance and the early season form but it was never going to end well (Hindsight is great)
I must admit that i hadnt seen much of him in the latter Heat years so didnt realise how far he had dropped off. Did he ever play defence in his younger years cos he sure doesnt like doing it now.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FWIW this is what i would do if i was in charge.

We have 4 guys who are 100% on our books

RoLo @ just under 14 Million - I am happy with that contract and liked what he gave us this year, we definately won that Rose trade.
Valentine @ 2 Million - Haven't seen enough to know if he is going to be anything, Needs time
Zipser @ 1.3 Million- Still has a mountain of work to do at both ends of the court but he is a project player
Jimmy @ 17.5 Million- This is the BIG one, do we try and trade him and have a complete rebuild with young pieces? I think that is what we will try and do. Do i think it is the right move? Honestly i am so torn, If we get a massive package and it prevents Wade opting in i would certainly consider it. This will make or break our franchise for the next 10 years so huge huge call.

Player Options
Wade @ $23.8 Million - Every part of me believes he will opt in, he isn't getting this money elsewhere but as an organisation i would be doing everything i can to get him to opt out. Please please please someone come up with a finish your career here offer (Miami) or hope he goes "ring chasing". Need him gone.

Non Guaranteed

Rondo @ $13.4 Million - I am bringing him back, he had a huge role this year and handled everything pretty well going from DNP to Starter back to bench back to DNP back to starter. Obviously had a massive impact on young players.

Canaan @ Minimum- Letting go, Doesnt bring much IMO, Can shoot and get hot every now and again but not consistent, Could pick up again late if desperate.

Team Options

Grant @ $1.7 Million- Picking him up again, Cheap and can play minutes, still needs a lot of work but got some potential
Lauvergne @ $2.13 Million- Played some handy minutes when needed once Taj left but players like this are a dime a dozen, Letting go to test market.
Bobby- @ $1.5 Million- Horrible defensively but got some tools to work with, At this price i am keeping
Payne- @ $2.1 Million- Would love to let go because of the stupidity of the trade to get him but i would be stubborn and keep him on the books and give him a chance, Waive if not fitter and stronger next year.

RFA

MCW @ ($4.5 Million Start) - Athletic and sometimes good defensively but he is a no for me. Let him go and get a young PG
Felicio @ ($1.2 Million Start) - Plays some good minutes, has issues with fouls but if he doesnt get big offers i am matching.
Niko @ ($7.4 Million Start)- Time to go Niko, someone is going to offer him 10-14+. Too much for me, See you later

UFA

Morrow @ ?? - Move on, we can get better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Free Agents that interest me, Obviously it's a year where a lot are restricted guys are going to opt out and then get a higher clip at the same place. It's also a year where we are not going to win the title, that's just the reality we need to look at getting some cheap guys who can evolve into something better and build a core group.

Gordon Hayward (Restricted) - Next to no chance but if we trade Jimmy and he opts out at least put our hat in the ring.
Jeff Teague (U/R)- Still a dynamic player and is only 28, Plenty of good basketball left in him, we could do worse.
KCP (Restricted)- Stagnated this year in what was seen as going to be his break out year, Has huge potential,
PJ Tucker- (U/R)- Very good defensively, which is what we need, good role player who is highly regarded
Patty Mills- (U/R)- Still back up to TP, Shoots 3's at a high rate and plays a fast paced game, i reckon Hoiberg would LOVE.
Baynes- (PO) - Good back up who will give you everything.
Bogdanovic- (Restricted) - Sharp Shooter, Let's make this team fun again
McLemore- (Restricted) - I wanted him in the draft and has gone backwards ever since, still thnik he is worth a crack if cheap, get him out of Sac Town
Thomas Robinson- (U/R)- FINALLY showed a bit as a back up for the Lakers, Will be on Minimum, I think he still has a future in the league

None of these make us a contender but plenty give us much more upside, If Wade opts out or we move Jimmy for Assets i hope we are really pro active in making this team improve.

I have been saying that for quite a while, I reckon his contract is going up by the day.

Hoiberg would love him and he would like Hoiberg's style as well.
would def ask for a 15+mil contract

And Athletic! Interesting which direction we head
agreed, Reckon Wade will leave and we keep Rondo to settle the point guard option.

Don't see Bulls spending tons of cash this off season unless its mid level type of players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back