Remove this Banner Ad

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
Time for a bit of fun at our neighbour's expense. Which is of course the best type of fun!

The China Syndrome movie trailer seems to have captured the heart and soul of all things Port Adelaide. :) See if you can recognise to Port characters in the trailer. Name and shame, lol. I just had to laugh when I saw this! It will be interesting to see if we all agree,

I wonder how many pollies will be over there promoting SA. we cant sponsor events over here yet we can subsidise a mass tourist boom to China.

Surprised this thread stays up, our chairman in favor of nuclear power. Has officially written letters in support of it.

LOL.

I think good on them but I am glad our club is not involved. It must be a distraction for the club.

I get that they are in it for the long haul but despite what Kochie says I think internally they would of been hoping for more success off field from it then they have got so far.

Nuclear would be a fantastic option for Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% with you there my man.....

The idea that we have something between 55-70% of the worlds uranium in our ground, which we have no problem exporting yet can’t seem to put it in use internally is hilarious to me.

You want zero emissions, nuclear has to be a consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% with you there my man.....

The idea that we have something between 55-70% of the worlds uranium in our ground, which we have no problem exporting yet can’t seem to put it in use internally is hilarious to me.

You want zero emissions, nuclear has to be a consideration.

Yep it’s silly we haven’t already done it. We have plenty of remote areas to do it safely.

Yep it’s silly we haven’t already done it. We have plenty of remote areas to do it safely.

Nuclear is increadibly safe if appropriate safeguards are followed. Probably the safest source of power honestly.

Nuclear is too expensive.. if we wanted nuclear in this country it shouldve been built decades ago.. too expensive to do it now and it would take a decade to get up and running. By that time renewables will be ruling the market.

Thats not from an environmental perspective... more a financial perspective. If nuclear was financially viable the market would’ve build it by now.

And those that are all for nuclear love the idea.. right up until they are told it could be built in their backyards.. NIMBY’s.

Nuclear is too expensive.. if we wanted nuclear in this country it shouldve been built decades ago.. too expensive to do it now and it would take a decade to get up and running. By that time renewables will be ruling the market.

Thats not from an environmental perspective... more a financial perspective. If nuclear was financially viable the market would’ve build it by now.

And those that are all for nuclear love the idea.. right up until they are told it could be built in their backyards.. NIMBY’s.

The market can't build it... you need government to allow nuclear first.

Part the fact virtually no large power projects get off the ground without government subsidizing it directly or indirectly.

Fox footy shows this bizzare segment where Hinkley is having dumplings with Richardson. Hinkley doesn’t eat but after Richardson does, starts acting dodgy and suggests that he should go share the rest with his players. Now Richardson and half the saints are supposedly sick.

Its like WWE wrestling.

China Syndrome - good movie.

As one guest speaker said at the National Press Club (his name and title escape me), nuclear is so expensive you might as well burn hundred dollar notes to make electricity. Nevertheless, can't help but be glad that we have a significant portion of the world's mineable uranium at Roxby. At least we South Australians have something.

Interesting that we have gone from old mate Weatherill, big Port fan and willing to give them handouts, to Marshall: also a big Port fan ready dish out our money to them. I wish we got bloody handouts to do some stupid club vanity exercise.

Don't be fooled by Rucci trying to spin doctor with this whole $6 million dollar "uplift" to Port as it's costing more than it generates in revenue.

Caro lifted the lid on the whole China experiment last year.

Port haven't made a profit from this venture according to Caro, if anything both Port and the AFL are losing money on it.

I know Port haven’t made any money out of it yet,” Caro said. “They’ve probably lost money on the game this year despite what’s been said and I think the AFL did too.”

This was news to sports show host Stephen Rowe.

“I’m pretty certain that’s the case,” Caro repeated.

ROWEY: “Pretty certain or 100 per cent? because I’m following that up. I’ve been told they cost neutralled it.”​
CARO: “I think that’s right... my sources tell me that’s absolutely right.”​
ROWEY: “That is huge.”​
CARO: “I don’t think they made any money out of it and in fact I believe they lost money. I really admire what they’re doing but at some point other clubs are going to arc up.”

Fox footy shows this bizzare segment where Hinkley is having dumplings with Richardson. Hinkley doesn’t eat but after Richardson does, starts acting dodgy and suggests that he should go share the rest with his players. Now Richardson and half the saints are supposedly sick.

Its like WWE wrestling.
So what would happen if in a game like this a fair percentage of the side was ill and unable to play?

Don't be fooled by Rucci trying to spin doctor with this whole $6 million dollar "uplift" to Port as it's costing more than it generates in revenue.

Caro lifted the lid on the whole China experiment last year.

Port haven't made a profit from this venture according to Caro, if anything both Port and the AFL are losing money on it.

I know Port haven’t made any money out of it yet,” Caro said. “They’ve probably lost money on the game this year despite what’s been said and I think the AFL did too.”

This was news to sports show host Stephen Rowe.

“I’m pretty certain that’s the case,” Caro repeated.

ROWEY: “Pretty certain or 100 per cent? because I’m following that up. I’ve been told they cost neutralled it.”​
CARO: “I think that’s right... my sources tell me that’s absolutely right.”​
ROWEY: “That is huge.”​
CARO: “I don’t think they made any money out of it and in fact I believe they lost money. I really admire what they’re doing but at some point other clubs are going to arc up.”
Interesting because cornsey (graham) was spruiking yesterday that they were making money this year.

So what would happen if in a game like this a fair percentage of the side was ill and unable to play?
No idea. There’s only a couple in doubt evidently. I think they flew 2 players over. The idea is they won’t play, will just be emergencies. I think they expect 2 of the original emergencies will have to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back