The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Japan probably had intentions of taking Australia once. The small problem is they had to take everything in between first. And China would have to do the same.

Beijing is over 9,000km away and China have not had a war with anyone yet.

It is fanciful.

But conservatives always need an enemy. Real or imagined doesn’t really matter.

Japan invading everything and overextending screwed them in WWII

China is not the US, they know they don't need to start wars to own everything. They are soft powering their way there already

China are much more cunning at politics than the rest of the world, which is what makes them so dangerous

So how should Austrlia respond to a threat like this given we are all for standing up for ourselves and protecting our values and principles?

"I don’t know the nature of those projects precisely, but to the extent they have an adverse impact on our ability to protect telecommunications from our private citizens, or security networks for our defence and intelligence communities, we will simply disconnect, we will simply separate."

You're thinking of it like a video game, or if you were approaching it in terms of ability to invade and win. Nations do not move easily or suddenly, and it would take rather a lot to change in the relationship between China and Australia for it to become more cost effective to invade and conquer than it would merely to trade.

And you might be pulling my chain, but there are Australians who fully believe that China could invade Australia, that it is something that could happen.
I haven't touched a video game in 25+ years. but being a American with a ton of military background my whole life, I have a lot of understanding.
do you understand how we went thru Iraq ? totally on your own it could look the same time wise. it would take me too long to describe the finite details.
As of now you all are relying on our nukes for protection. long term that might not be ideal. it's always nice to have your own car/truck house etc
Australians who fully believe that China could invade Australia, that it is something that could happen.
They are not crazy for thinking that imo
CCP not a bunch of nice guys.

Why is that ?
Because the world is not heavenly. no matter how much we wish it so.
let me turn that around for you. there's a little Neville Chamberlain in many Liberals.

I haven't touched a video game in 25+ years. but being a American with a ton of military background my whole life, I have a lot of understanding.
do you understand how we went thru Iraq ? totally on your own it could look the same time wise. it would take me too long to describe the finite details.
As of now you all are relying on our nukes for protection. long term that might not be ideal. it's always nice to have your own car/truck house etc
America had strained relationships in the middle east - a region of extreme instability since the crusades - after which a vicious dictator came into power, and threatened their business interests there? That's a reasonable comparison for the Australia-China relationship, is it?

Gough Whitlam was among the first world leaders to recognise the CCP as the ruling party of China, and Australia has always had a hugely beneficial relationship with them that is reciprocal in nature. There is such a significant and clear difference in the relationship between America and Iraq first and China and Australia second that it beggars belief that this was your go-to comparison. Was that merely because that is the most recent extreme distance invasion that occurred? You've also got the fact that America already had troops in the Middle East, and the allies Iraq would've possessed were - at best - armed with old weaponry; a war between China and Australia would feature a significantly different type of conflict, and it would legitimately be ****ed for them to try a naval invasion through the Pacific, because America exists and it would be among the easiest things for them to interfere with in the world.

Secondly, if your background's military, you hardly need me to tell you of how important logistics is to running a military campaign, so why are you insisting on such a nonsensical supposition? Because 'Commies'? If so, this is where I get off; ideological differences is hardly a reason to launch a campaign that would be visible from space due to geographical size.
I'm sorry, did I say that they were?

What I've said has next to zero impact on what they and other regimes around the world have done. Pretty much all I've said is that them - or even our closest neighbours - going to war with us in an effort to occupy/conquer our landmass is utterly ludicrous. They certainly are crazy or at the very kindest extremely paranoid if they think that a country that is our greatest trading partner that has had an extremely good relationship with us traditionally and can get everything that they want from us via trade would decide to launch the greatest land invasion after D day.

Now, back to the CCP being campaigners; you know, the thing that actually exists.

Last edited:
Japan invading everything and overextending screwed them in WWII

China is not the US, they know they don't need to start wars to own everything. They are soft powering their way there already

China are much more cunning at politics than the rest of the world, which is what makes them so dangerous

Until COVID-19.

They spent hundreds of billions buying up small countries to gain access to resources but now many of those countries are so badly affected by COVID-19 that they are simply incapable of supplying China.

The longer it goes on the more it costs China.

America had strained relationships in the middle east - a region of extreme instability since the crusades - after which a vicious dictator came into power, and threatened their business interests there? That's a reasonable comparison for the Australia-China relationship, is it?
It was just to show what a super power does to a non super power. nothing more.

They are absolutely crazy

China doesn't currently have the capacity to even successfully attack Taiwan militarily if they so wish, what makes you think they can make it all the way down to Australia without interference. Complete stupidity

China isn't the US, they have no desires to start wars, they know they can take over the world through economical supremacy alone.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to escalate from that ? why bother ? LMAO

I mean, it isn't like you cut off the most important bits or anything. Then again I know you don't have the capacity to argue the actual point so I am not surprises :)

Keep thinking the Chinese are out to invade the world though, the fearmongering will work on scared boomers

Keep thinking the Chinese are out to invade the world though, the fearmongering will work on scared boomers
I hope you don't have scared boomers over there. but for the framing I'll add. over here we have young people way tried of Waring and perhaps tried of Policing the world. a job boomers kinda inherited over here. some mistakes along the way but........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia is not relying on USA nukes for anything.

Tell me, why did the USA invade Iraq to save a country of 4 million? Was it their shared experience and common values?

The small problem is they had to take everything in between first. And China would have to do the same.

Beijing is over 9,000km away and China have not had a war with anyone yet.

It is fanciful.

Opportunistic politicians need a common enemy - usually conservative ones. There's a good article recently that Trump is certainly not Robinson Crusoe in his diversion tactics and drumming up nationalism during hard times - just look at Xi and the CCP and what they are doing to HK and their disinformation campaign - which is particularly despicable.

Furthermore - China's actions in the South China Sea is alarming and telling. It might not have invaded a nation yet but has earned the reputation in the global community as a bully nation that does have the potential to. It would be foolish not to look at how they have acted with their guns pointed in - there human rights abuses, the 1,000,000 Urgyers in re-education camps further back the Tianeman square Massacre the list goes on - and then to think about what could happen with their guns pointed out. It would be arrogant not to consider that.

Australia should be prepared for a possible invasion in the future given China's direction and it would be culpable if it didn't.

Japan probably had intentions of taking Australia once.

Japan absolutely had plans on taking Australia that's just a histroical fact. White people were to be repatriated to Tasmania.

Last edited:
Until COVID-19.

They spent hundreds of billions buying up small countries to gain access to resources but now many of those countries are so badly affected by COVID-19 that they are simply incapable of supplying China.

The longer it goes on the more it costs China.

If China bails them out it will end up in their favour.
Its the long game.

Last edited:
You can scream 'Fairy Tale' stuff, I might ask you to elabourate on your positions as to why you think this is so?

And FYI

The CCP's increasing aggression towards Taiwan and Hong Kong is deplorable but it is not evidence that they'd be willing to invade Australia. The disputes with Taiwan and Hong Kong are historical and fit within the rhetoric of reunification and restoring China to its historical strength, Australia doesn't fit within that rhetoric.

Any suggestion that the CCP would invade Australia is bullshit, there is no evidence that they're willing to do so and no evidence that it would be of any benefit to them. Such ideas deserve similar respect to youtube flat earther videos.

The CCP's increasing aggression towards Taiwan and Hong Kong is deplorable but it is not evidence that they'd be willing to invade Australia. The disputes with Taiwan and Hong Kong are historical and fit within the rhetoric of reunification and restoring China to its historical strength, Australia doesn't fit within that rhetoric.

Any suggestion that the CCP would invade Australia is bullshit, there is no evidence that they're willing to do so and no evidence that it would be of any benefit to them. Such ideas deserve similar respect to youtube flat earther videos.

Your talking in absolutes - no chance - which would be reckless for Australia to only recognise as a possible outcome for the future.
You're also ignoring China's actions in the South China Sea.
I read a comment in the global times editorial that if China was to win a war against the US and Australia participated, that is carved up Australia among China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Indonesia and the Philippines. That's quite disturbing as is what China is becoming and behaiving. And what if we don't participate?

As I said - you can say it's unlikely China wouldn't invade Australia - but you can't say for certain - and China's actions in Taiwan and HK whilst may be a long bow for now, it's still deeply concerning. As are its actions in the South China Sea. As are comments from a mouthpiece for the CCP being the Global Times.

Hong Kong were never part of the Chinese Campaigner Party. Hong Kong did not take part in the revolution. The "historical" angle is typical rhetoric from a bunch of campaigners.

Given the nature of the original deal, with the deposed Emperor, its debatable that the territory should have been ceded to the revolutionaries, and there is a case that Hong Kong could have declared themselves and independent state.

If all of Australia revolted and formed a new Government, except Tasmania. Would Tasmania come under the new government rule despite not taking part of in the revolution? Could international agreements made with former allies and trade partners be enforced?
What if only Canberra was conquered by revolutionaries. Can they claim to have the government of Australia?

Hong Kong and Taiwan are obviously NOT part of the CCP, they think they are but that's because they are campaigners.
The unfortunate citizens of Hong Kong are being slowly conquered in a bloodless coup against them, and as usual its the fault of the British.
( how long have Pakistan and India been at war now ).

Your talking in absolutes - no chance - which would be reckless for Australia to only recognise as a possible outcome for the future.
You're also ignoring China's actions in the South China Sea.
I read a comment in the global times editorial that if China was to win a war against the US and Australia participated, that is carved up Australia among China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Indonesia and the Philippines. That's quite disturbing as is what China is becoming and behaiving. And what if we don't participate?

As I said - you can say it's unlikely China wouldn't invade Australia - but you can't say for certain - and China's actions in Taiwan and HK whilst may be a long bow for now, it's still deeply concerning. As are its actions in the South China Sea. As are comments from a mouthpiece for the CCP being the Global Times.
You've still not bought up any evidence that China is willing to invade Australia. I condemn their aggression elsewhere but it's not evidence that they'd invade Australia. Whilst their actions in the SCS may be contrary to our interests and are of concern, again it's not evidence of any willingness to invade Australia. Considering all of the CCP's actions there is no evidence of any current or future willingness to invade Australia. Sure, you can raise hypotheticals but there's still no concrete evidence to support them.

You don't formulate foreign policy based on the assumption that at some point in the future you'll go to war with a particular state or that said state will invade your nation, it's just likely to become a self fulfilling prophecy if you do so. Australia should be aware of all threats to its security and formulate its foreign policy accordingly to advance our interests. At this point in time the threat of China invading Australia is absolutely negligible, it certainly won't be a consideration for any of our policymakers.

I also love this nuffy assumption that China would invade Australia, let's ignore the dynamic nature of modern warfare and pretend that an invasion is more likely than say a trade war (who knows we may be at the start of one) or cyber warfare.

Opportunistic politicians need a common enemy - usually conservative ones. There's a good article recently that Trump is certainly not Robinson Crusoe in his diversion tactics and drumming up nationalism during hard times - just look at Xi and the CCP and what they are doing to HK and their disinformation campaign - which is particularly despicable.

Furthermore - China's actions in the South China Sea is alarming and telling. It might not have invaded a nation yet but has earned the reputation in the global community as a bully nation that does have the potential to. It would be foolish not to look at how they have acted with their guns pointed in - there human rights abuses, the 1,000,000 Urgyers in re-education camps further back the Tianeman square Massacre the list goes on - and then to think about what could happen with their guns pointed out. It would be arrogant not to consider that.

Australia should be prepared for a possible invasion in the future given China's direction and it would be culpable if it didn't.

Japan absolutely had plans on taking Australia that's just a histroical fact. White people were to be repatriated to Tasmania.
I'm going to regret this...

How are they going to overcome the fact that they have to get all of their people over here and spread them around the continent sized island to pacify the entire place, when they have to sail/walk/fly them past America to do it? How are they going to justify such an invasion to the rest of the world? What is there to gain from them doing it that they cannot get via trade or commerce or - frankly - covert usurpation of the ruling class? Why is war their recourse?

This is dumb. You are not an idiot. Stop behaving like an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back