The Chinese Communist party are campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of wheat/ barley farmers would be relying on the $$$ from this years' bumper' crop to get them out of previous years misery. If China flips the finger and makes our exports too expensive it could be curtains for some farmers.

And USA farmers will replace the sales (as they did with barley)

Dumbest trade war ever

Smart for the US. Expensive for China. And it forces us to find stable, trustworthy markets for our products.

No s**t it's smart for the USA, they are the ones replacing our exports

We are the only idiots paying a price

No sh*t it's smart for the USA, they are the ones replacing our exports

We are the only idiots paying a price

China is paying a price. The reason why we were trading with them is because we are cheaper and better.

China now pays more for lesser products.

We were idiots when we became too reliant on China.

China is paying a price. The reason why we were trading with them is because we are cheaper and better.

China now pays more for lesser products.

We were idiots when we became too reliant on China.

How is American barley inferior to ours?

Yeah. I have no idea. Turn out the US was cheaper than us all along and there simply was no need for a trade war.

Grains you don't buy off one origin. You mix it up so that you buffer yourself for drought supply shocks, and so you have reliable supply all year (people don't just eat noodles seasonally)

China replacing us with USA means they lessen that risk management, but that's it.

With food commodities supply security is more important than price

And USA farmers will replace the sales (as they did with barley)

Dumbest trade war ever

Morrison government has outdone themselves here;
  1. USA starts massive trade war with China
  2. Morrison government falls in behind like the good little lap puppies they are.
  3. For shits and giggles Morrison and his backbenchers go 1/2/3/4/5 steps further - insisting on COVID investigations before any sort of global consensus, asking Australian Chinese to denounce communism, banning Huawei just because, yada yada ........
  4. Chinese respond by banning all sorts of trade with Australia
  5. China will now buy EVERY SINGLE ITEM they have banned from Australia from the USA
How the hell did the USA start a trade war with China where Australia are the only losers?

WE ARE ******* IDIOTS

Yeah. I have no idea. Turn out the US was cheaper than us all along and there simply was no need for a trade war.

That is not true at all.

USA - China trade agreement has quotas and China is filling their USA quotas with stuff they would have previously bought from Australia.

Free trade agreements are an oxymoron. There is nothing free about them.

USA has screwed Australia over in plain sight and China get to go along for the ride.

That is not true at all.

USA - China trade agreement has quotas and China is filling their USA quotas with stuff they would have previously bought from Australia.

Free trade agreements are an oxymoron. There is nothing free about them.

USA has screwed Australia over in plain sight and China get to go along for the ride.

For sure the US hold the cards. China would be severely pissed off.

Im not sure why we arent going straight to the WTO. We know China will shaft us every time the US tell them too. Not sure why we continue to play nice.

Maybe we are waiting til we find new countries so we can go to the WTO and still have buyers.

Morrison government has outdone themselves here;
  1. USA starts massive trade war with China
  2. Morrison government falls in behind like the good little lap puppies they are.
  3. For shits and giggles Morrison and his backbenchers go 1/2/3/4/5 steps further - insisting on COVID investigations before any sort of global consensus, asking Australian Chinese to denounce communism, banning Huawei just because, yada yada ........
  4. Chinese respond by banning all sorts of trade with Australia
  5. Chine will now buy EVERY SINGLE ITEM they have banned from Australia from the USA
How the hell did the USA start a trade war with China where Australia are the only losers?

WE ARE ******* IDIOTS
Foreign policy from a man who believes the world is two thousand years old, this sort of incompetence should be no shock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is American barley inferior to ours?
We have higher standards in storage, The mix produces better protein so it's used as better feed, Lots of new world whisky/brewerys popping up are looking at it because its a reliable/awesome quality to turn into malt., Lack of moisture which resides in barley grown here means when it's shipped (Also shorter distance means it holds up a lot better)

Not saying USA barley isn't as good, but it's wildly inconsistent from areas and don't have the same standards as us as it changes state to state

I know way too much about Barley then a normal person should

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk

We have higher standards in storage, The mix produces better protein so it's used as better feed, Lots of new world whisky/brewerys popping up are looking at it because its a reliable/awesome quality to turn into malt., Lack of moisture which resides in barley grown here means when it's shipped (Also shorter distance means it holds up a lot better)

Not saying USA barley isn't as good, but it's wildly inconsistent from areas and don't have the same standards as us as it changes state to state

I know way too much about Barley then a normal person should

Thank you for coming to my tedtalk

your answer just explained why we are screwed with china - they dont make great whisky, and their beer is s**t :D

its the same issue with wheat. Japan are fanatical about wheat quality, and obsess about paying the very best to get the very best. china dont give two *s about quality variation, and its about supply and price

I used to face this issue when i was in commodities. China was great for exploiting spot opportunities, but really was meh for the rest

And your solution is? Crawl and beg forgiveness for standing up for principles, promising to never go against them again because that is the CCPs expectation.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Standing up for what "principles"?

Would you ever treat a client like Australia are treating China?

Every single election and every single policy decision and every single priority for conservative governments is the economy and jobs and business and then you try and justify destroying our exports to China because "principles".

Get ****ed!

your answer just explained why we are screwed with china - they dont make great whisky, and their beer is sh*t :D

its the same issue with wheat. Japan are fanatical about wheat quality, and obsess about paying the very best to get the very best. china dont give two fu**s about quality variation, and its about supply and price

I used to face this issue when i was in commodities. China was great for exploiting spot opportunities, but really was meh for the rest
Not only is our quality great but the short travel time means great/efficient supply/transport time

Im not 100% sure why china is doing this, might be because one single nation makes up 20% of their food export and they are trying to negotiate better trade deals/flex is likely.

The wine industry and barley growers are pretty worried, I mean overall the Barley will find a home somewhere and its not the apocalypse for the industry but the wine industry has really made huge strides to get into China to counter-balance the fact Australians are dropping consumption of alcohol rapidly, If they halt that it could be pretty damaging to see all that investment to get the industry in the door and suddenly have the rug ripped out from under them

Not only is our quality great but the short travel time means great/efficient supply/transport time

Im not 100% sure why china is doing this, might be because one single nation makes up 20% of their food export and they are trying to negotiate better trade deals/flex is likely.

The wine industry and barley growers are pretty worried, I mean overall the Barley will find a home somewhere and its not the apocalypse for the industry but the wine industry has really made huge strides to get into China to counter-balance the fact Australians are dropping consumption of alcohol rapidly, If they halt that it could be pretty damaging to see all that investment to get the industry in the door and suddenly have the rug ripped out from under them

agree on travel time, but people are deluded if they think china isnt already importing large volumes of grains from EU, Canada, and the evil USA ;)

wine is a meh one for me, they are a bottom tier market (quality wise), and its our marketing thats been keeping us up till now. Chilean wine and other cheap plonk will fill the void

on the why, imo its a proxy fight against the usa. we were the obv target when we came out wanting the investigating into chinese blame and chinese deception over covid-19. stupid thing is we ended up having the commonsense inquiry (one into covid full stop), but we are left with the whack for being the USA's lap dog

the sooner we go non-aligned the better

agree on travel time, but people are deluded if they think china isnt already importing large volumes of grains from EU, Canada, and the evil USA ;)

wine is a meh one for me, they are a bottom tier market (quality wise), and its our marketing thats been keeping us up till now. Chilean wine and other cheap plonk will fill the void

on the why, imo its a proxy fight against the usa. we were the obv target when we came out wanting the investigating into chinese blame and chinese deception over covid-19. stupid thing is we ended up having the commonsense inquiry (one into covid full stop), but we are left with the whack for being the USA's lap dog

the sooner we go non-aligned the better

I thought there was definitely a high end wine market in China?

It has been nothing but bats*it nonsense from the fed's. They have basically thrown petrol and and a match into a field, and now are asking why its on fire?

I thought there was definitely a high end wine market in China?

It has been nothing but bats*it nonsense from the fed's. They have basically thrown petrol and and a match into a field, and now are asking why its on fire?

they love the label, thats it.

it could be lighter fluid, as long as its a posh label thats expensive

its also a very faddy market, with massive competition from europe and the usa (they keep bobbing up...)

I supported the inquiry. It had bi-Partisan support. Australia has different interests and a different role to the US.
However - the Liberal Party you cannot trust - and has been consistently racist, prejudiced so they were not the best vehicle to push for the inquiry.

That said, - now it's done, the CCP are indeed awful, was lost for words when they basically sabotaged all that lobster.

When I buy groceries I look for King Tiger Prawns as much I can, Scotch fillets, or porterhouse made in Aus.
I boycott China as much I can. I look for something.... made in India. I encourage others to do this.

I'm sure there's a lot of people doing this.
It all helps.
For some reason the Pearl Barley crops found other markets. The Australian Dollar is still strong.
We are doing OK.

I supported the inquiry. It had bi-Partisan support. Australia has different interests and a different role to the US.
However - the Liberal Party you cannot trust - and has been consistently racist, prejudiced so they were not the best vehicle to push for the inquiry.

That said, - now it's done, the CCP are indeed awful, was lost for words when they basically sabotaged all that lobster.

When I buy groceries I look for King Tiger Prawns as much I can, Scotch fillets, or porterhouse made in Aus.
I boycott China as much I can. I look for something.... made in India. I encourage others to do this.

I'm sure there's a lot of people doing this.
It all helps.
For some reason the Pearl Barley crops found other markets. The Australian Dollar is still strong.
We are doing OK.

The buy local thing gets lost a lot on people. I think it would be quite difficult to sustain a high quality of current living on being an insular economy but the more Australian's support locally, and smaller business the better this country will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back