MVP The Ching Rd 8 v Carlton

I'm off to the game and not sure when I'll be home. Maybe celebrating deep into the evening as we record a famous 100 point win over the Blues?

Anyway I thought I'd kick off this thread now as I might not get the chance straight after the game and you'll all be itching to cast your votes.

Vote 5-4-3-2-1 in the Ching for your best WB players on the day.

Optionally you can also vote 3-2-1 for the best Pups. For the first time this year we have more than three pups playing. They are:

B Smith
Khamis
McNeil
Naughton

And if there are any late changes, the following emergencies are also eligible pups: West, Butler, Ugle-Hagan

You can also vote in the Clay Smith award - one player only.

I'll see if I can dig up the terms of reference on that one as a refresher for us all. Cookie do you have them? A one-liner outlining what the Clay Smith award recognises would be handy!
=====================================

No voting before the final siren.
Any pre-match discussion to the Game Day thread please.

Go Dogs!!

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
5. Bruce (impacted fwd and when in ruck)
4. Treloar (added polish when others didnt)
3. Bont (All for the last qtr)
2. Libba (beast in the contest as usual)
1. Dale (pin point passes set up end to end goals)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
5. Bont
4. Bruce
3. Hunter
2. Daniel
1. Crozier

3. Naughton
2. McNeil
1. Smith

Clay: Hunter

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
5. Bruce
4. Bont

These 2 so far ahead of the rest, hard to split them but felt Bruce's hands were as good as I've seen

3. Hunter (very effective ball in hand I felt, turns out his hand is busted too so a great effort from him to run out the game on reflection)
2. Dale (solid game, tried hard when the tide was against us)
1. Daniel (yeah just play him in his preferred HB position Bevo ffs, his distribution a big factor in swinging momentum for us)

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
5 Bont
4 J Bruce
3 Libba
2 Macrae
1 Hunter

Pups
3 B Smith
2 Naughton
1 Khamis

5. Bont - his best is sublime and although we only saw about one quarter's worth, it was enough to get us over the line
4. Macrae - another performance underrated by many - he was doing good things for the four quarters, nearly BoG in fact
3. Bruce - dominant effort with 5.2 and some ruck time, did benefit a bit from Weitering focussing on Naughton nearly all game
2. Libba - seldom puts in a bad one, great inside work again
1. Dale - unbelievably consistent compared to his days as a forward - all of his 8 games this year have been good or very good

Pups
3. Naughton
2. B Smith
1. McNeil

Khamis did some nice things but I can't squeeze him in, especially with only 65% ToG.

Clay Smith - Josh Bruce (but special mention to McNeil for "going when it was his turn to go" knowing he'd get smashed by Casboult)

Back