Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no worries, I haven't rated our development over Richo's tenure, but think we have quite a few young players with potential to become very good players.

The Pelican's hard prune didn't do richo any favours at all.

It didn't but I can see how they thought the hard prune was necessary.

No young talent other than Stuv. Priority picks abolished. Tainted drafts. Free Agency.

It was the perfect storm and we were in a little tinny with one oar and a gaping hole in the side.

It didn't but I can see how they thought the hard prune was necessary.

No young talent other than Stuv. Priority picks abolished. Tainted drafts. Free Agency.

It was the perfect storm and we were in a little tinny with one oar and a gaping hole in the side.
Pelchen has more to answer for that Watters. How could we be so unlucky to have those 2 at the same time.

the lyon era was 8 drafts ago. any kids picked up in the 2011 draft would be past their mid 20's. that's before you look at trades etc. that's ample time to rebuild.

our issues whilst not at the lyon era of draft recklessness are there. they're just as pronounced.

The guys past their mid twenties (ie in their prime) are the ones that make all the difference. They take the heat to let the kids develop and they show the way when sh1t hits the fan.

Who do we have to do that? Seb, Newnes, JWeb, JC... and Stuv when he's playing. Armo did for a while, Robbo 2 seasons ago.

That's a massive reason why we are where we are. No elite players in their prime. And which drafts did they come from?

Richo gave it his all, but the writing has been in the wall for some time. Good bloke, but it clearly wasnt working.

Now it's time to move on Finnis at the end of the year. This whole rebuild had been diobilical, it's time he was held accountable.

Let's start a fresh. New game plan, inject some passion back into the club.

What happened to all the Richo tributes?

FFS don't tell me we are that precious we cannot handle a couple of flogs from other clubs
Having their 2 cents worth!
This censorship bullsh!t really gets up my ballsack!
God that would hurt. I’d go immediately to hospital I agree by the way who cares. We let some saints supporters bag the club nearly every post

Richo gave it his all, but the writing has been in the wall for some time. Good bloke, but it clearly wasnt working.

Now it's time to move on Finnis at the end of the year. This whole rebuild had been diobilical, it's time he was held accountable.

Let's start a fresh. New game plan, inject some passion back into the club.
Sounds like a football area not a ceo area unless you are praising nettlefold work as ceo

The guys past their mid twenties (ie in their prime) are the ones that make all the difference. They take the heat to let the kids develop and they show the way when sh1t hits the fan.

Who do we have to do that? Seb, Newnes, JWeb, JC... and Stuv when he's playing. Armo did for a while, Robbo 2 seasons ago.

That's a massive reason why we are where we are. No elite players in their prime. And which drafts did they come from?

we've had access to find em

then we also had experience players along the way. yes they are gone now, but they were there along the journey.

the issue is not all of it worked out. there wasn't any elite growth from the draft.

take wce look at how they rebuilt their midfield. shuey and gaff are genuine elite players. then you have yeo to go with it. it didn't take them 8 full seasons to get there!!!!

that's our issue. the access we had didn't convert. now some of that may be who we picked but i suspect more of it is to do with development.

Dont care. He is the CEO of an underporfming business. I would say he is firmly responsible. The Richo extension alone is a fireable offence.
Yes because ceo of nearly every business don’t make mistakes. Anyway it probably cost bugger all and in hindsight would have been a terrible year for a new coach to take over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont care. He is the CEO of an underporfming business. I would say he is firmly responsible. The Richo extension alone is a fireable offence.

nailed it!

it's time to move on. like we did with richo. the new bassat era has to be built the way he wants it. not lumped into the legacy summers/finnis reign.

we've had access to find em

then we also had experience players along the way. yes they are gone now, but they were there along the journey.

the issue is not all of it worked out. there wasn't any elite growth from the draft.

take wce look at how they rebuilt their midfield. shuey and gaff are genuine elite players. then you have yeo to go with it. it didn't take them 8 full seasons to get there!!!!

that's our issue. the access we had didn't convert. now some of that may be who we picked but i suspect more of it is to do with development.
You know we weren’t spending anywhere near the money on the footy department they were until about 2 years ago. That makes a huge difference that some refuse to acknowledge

Bloody hell the club was tight lipped! Good on 'em. I was trying to ask around on Sunday night and got nowhere. Very smart of them to do this on a Tuesday to avoid the huge media reporting of a Monday and also the fact that nothing was leaked for an entire week following the North Melbourne game.

Richo is a terrific bloke with a lot of integrity and I hope he gets another gig as an assistant in the future, possibly another go at head coach one day after the teachings of the past six seasons.

My interactions with him have always been positive and I'm sure this would've been an incredibly tough decision for those to make, but as I've said before, Bassat is ruthless and will do what is best for our football club. I have real faith in him.

I would hope from here on in we get to see Ratten turn our form around, let us play with some freedom and play a more attacking brand. I wish the best for him and heck if he puts in a strong 6 weeks I will be okay with him taking over.

As Bassat said in his message, the speculation surrounding Scott is nonsense and we will do a thorough and extensive review for the next coach. Can safely say that isn't spin, I'm positive he will do just that.

I know Richo was loved by the players but we're in the business of winning and he wasn't getting it done. I'm sure the players understand that. I just hope our next appointment is the right one.

As for this thread - I think I will leave it up for the next day or two. After that, any media surrounding Richo can be posted in the media thread, and we'll also have a separate thread for Brett Ratten (Not a roast! Just to evaluate his coaching over the next 6 weeks).

In the end the club did what it needed to do and did it at the perfect time IMO. I said on Sunday it was either now or never. He seemingly was sacked by COB yesterday, the club just did an absolutely fantastic job keeping it under wraps.

Anyway! Lets have faith in a more positive last six weeks and then a bit of new energy in the place.

Relieved he’s gone.

He’s a coach who wasn’t performing for a while now so we draw a line under him and move onto giving a chance to Ratts for a few weeks.

Sexton has to be next to go surely.
As a poor club contracts come into every decision. That’s why it sometimes looks like we are working slowly

Bloody hell the club was tight lipped! Good on 'em. I was trying to ask around on Sunday night and got nowhere. Very smart of them to do this on a Tuesday to avoid the huge media reporting of a Monday and also the fact that nothing was leaked for an entire week following the North Melbourne game.

Richo is a terrific bloke with a lot of integrity and I hope he gets another gig as an assistant in the future, possibly another go at head coach one day after the teachings of the past six seasons.

My interactions with him have always been positive and I'm sure this would've been an incredibly tough decision for those to make, but as I've said before, Bassat is ruthless and will do what is best for our football club. I have real faith in him.

I would hope from here on in we get to see Ratten turn our form around, let us play with some freedom and play a more attacking brand. I wish the best for him and heck if he puts in a strong 6 weeks I will be okay with him taking over.

As Bassat said in his message, the speculation surrounding Scott is nonsense and we will do a thorough and extensive review for the next coach. Can safely say that isn't spin, I'm positive he will do just that.

I know Richo was loved by the players but we're in the business of winning and he wasn't getting it done. I'm sure the players understand that. I just hope our next appointment is the right one.

As for this thread - I think I will leave it up for the next day or two. After that, any media surrounding Richo can be posted in the media thread, and we'll also have a separate thread for Brett Ratten (Not a roast! Just to evaluate his coaching over the next 6 weeks).

In the end the club did what it needed to do and did it at the perfect time IMO. I said on Sunday it was either now or never. He seemingly was sacked by COB yesterday, the club just did an absolutely fantastic job keeping it under wraps.

Anyway! Lets have faith in a more positive last six weeks and then a bit of new energy in the place.

great work mate!

Relieved he’s gone.

He’s a coach who wasn’t performing for a while now so we draw a line under him and move onto giving a chance to Ratts for a few weeks.

Sexton has to be next to go surely.

new coach will want his own team, so i think that'll be a given!

it'd be interesting to know the assistants contract tenure

Yes because ceo of nearly every business don’t make mistakes. Anyway it probably cost bugger all and in hindsight would have been a terrible year for a new coach to take over.

It is one mistake of many. The club has been so desperate to promote stability for so long we have allowed the likes of Trout and Richo to overstay their welcome, thus setting us back years.

Yes, CEOs will make some mistakes, but ultimately he has failed to deliver results. He has had plenty of time. You dont get to be CEO without expectations.

It is one mistake of many. The club has been so desperate to promote stability for so long we have allowed the likes of Trout and Richo to overstay their welcome, thus setting us back years.

Yes, CEOs will make some mistakes, but ultimately he has failed to deliver results. He has had plenty of time. You dont get to be CEO without expectations.
And do you know if trout contract was because of finnis? Just out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back