Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I don't think they are shot from years of failure - around the edges we are more than OK - we lack a real tough hard quality mid with real leadership qualities. Dunstan tries hard, Steele is being used as a run with player. Ross is better outside.

Once again most of us will be thinking exactly the same thing today as we do on most Mondays - jeez it would be nice to have if we could have ............... (insert opposition player name as appropriate - Cunnington, Cripps, Selwood,Shuey) in our team.
You would be surprised what the last few years have done to the group. Particularly the older brigade. To start at the bottom, work your way up a bit, have hope and then see it crumble beneath you again leaves serious mental scares. The guys aren't immune to what the public and media say. They take it on board and it wears them down mentally. I think we're starting to see this now. The 'loser' mentality. Basically not giving 100% subconsciously.

The reality is, we're not one or two players short. We're a lot short. They know this and the club knows this. They're trying to fix this issues off season, so see how they go, but would you come to the club in this state?

Clark is never going to be a Cripps. He's not an inside built-like-a-brick-s**thouse hardnut and he never will be.
Yeah? So what? From what he did on the weekend I saw a tough kid take a huge whack come back on and be BoG for us in the second half.
Will be hard as nails and I saw the shadow of Lenny with this kid.

Yeah? So what? From what he did on the weekend I saw a tough kid take a huge whack come back on and be BoG for us in the second half.

Yeah, he just ha to be a good player, we don't need him to be anyone else.

Clark is never going to be a Cripps. He's not an inside built-like-a-brick-s**thouse hardnut and he never will be.
Disagree. He may never reach the heights of Cripps, but his future is definitely as an inside mid.

Dominated his 18's year once they moved him into that role and he's been killing it in the VFL winning contested footy.

He doesn't have the body for it at AFL level yet which is why he hasn't been played in that role, but once he does (and improves his tank) he has all the tools to do it well. Clean off the deck, hard at the footy and good in traffic.

His efforts made the whole day worthwhile.

To see a kid get absolutely whacked, get up and not only get back on the park, but pretty much our best player speaks worlds about him.

That single effort will be looked back on his turning point of an afl player.

He doesn't need to be compared to any player. Just as long as he now knows what he's capable of.

Couldn't agree more mate - I know Richo pumped up Steele's game for his tackle count but I'm hoping behind closed doors the club has the nous to identify and praise the effort of the kid that didnt take a backward step, copped his hit, didnt retreat into his shell and played a phenomenal game.
Said it in the gameday thread along with others; shades of Lenny indeed.
Plenty to build around with Clark. Least of our worries.

The commentary around Lethlean sitting next to Richo. Some media getting stuck in, no surprises there. I think it’s one of those ones where intuitively, it seems a little odd but if you think about it logically, it makes a lot of sense. Shane McInnes was banging on about how crazy it is to have the person making the call on Richo sitting next to him. Logically, doesn’t it make sense for one of the decision makers on Richo to observe how he coaches? On the other hand, I understand the argument that from siren to siren, we need to put Richo in a position where he can do his absolute best job. Hard to know really without being in the room to see what the dialogue and mood was like.

The commentary around Lethlean sitting next to Richo. Some media getting stuck in, no surprises there. I think it’s one of those ones where intuitively, it seems a little odd but if you think about it logically, it makes a lot of sense. Shane McInnes was banging on about how crazy it is to have the person making the call on Richo sitting next to him. Logically, doesn’t it make sense for one of the decision makers on Richo to observe how he coaches? On the other hand, I understand the argument that from siren to siren, we need to put Richo in a position where he can do his absolute best job. Hard to know really without being in the room to see what the dialogue and mood was like.

Lethlean has sat in the box in other games too. I’m not sure it’s the sign people think it is.

Letho normally sits 2 seats to his right anyway.. Always in the coaches box as director of football.

Robert Walls started sitting in the box a month before Bolton was sacked though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually reminds me a lot of Pendles in the way he moves in and out of traffic and uses both sides of the body.

Absolutely no reason to get stuck in. It's a smart move.

I manage a team of 15 in a sales based role. They know the KPI's and target's that they need to hit on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Generally i just oversee them and look at results and make sure that everyone is engaged etc. However if they are struggling, then i start micro managing them more intensely to see were the gaps are etc.

Normal process.

Letho normally sits 2 seats to his right anyway.. Always in the coaches box as director of football.

Robert Walls started sitting in the box a month before Bolton was sacked though..

Because Richo is effectively being performance managed means he can’t be fully trusted at this stage.

Best to have SL keeping him honest and not doing silly things.

He normally sits in the back row. That's the first time I've seen him with the board in hand. He was obviously involved more.

While you might be right you’ve got to remember the coaches box in Tasmania might have a totally different layout to the one at Etihad, so what Lethlean was doing was more obvious.
I don’t know if it’s normal or not for him to do much in the box, I just know it’s not unusual for him to be in there.

Yeah, he just ha to be a good player, we don't need him to be anyone else.
Yeah, it's nice for us to compare to other players as it is easy to assimilate, but everyone is different and it will never be 100% accurate.

He has shown that he can impact a game with his disposal, exactly how and where from is still up in the air.

And anyway Bytel has already got the Cripps-role sewn up in my mind....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back