Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost plenty of games though. Batting at about 35 percent from the 2nd most games as St.Kilda coach behind Alam Jeans. Not anything more to this argument. You need to find a new cause.
He can answer for himself but I don’t think or anyone is suggesting keeping him. We are discussing this week

Didn’t look like the playing group were down. Looked up and about to me.
Have to agree, want to see a down playing group, watch GC.

Our players with the possible exception of Acres looked interested, even Carlisle look like he tried.

Don’t be surprised if Richo coaches out the year.

This might happen even if the club publicly says he won’t coach next year, a kind of amicable split at the end of round 23.

I don’t think there will be such a thing as a ‘sacking game’. Club will have already decided if they are parting ways with him once finals isn’t possible or just letting him coach out the year.

Have no idea what the club relationship with Richo is like at the moment but I would be very surprised if he doesn’t know already where he stands for next year.

Anyway, if his post match demeanour in the box is anything to go by, he looks done. I think he will agree to step aside come Monday.
Best course of action for all parties concerned. He gets paid out for this year and we get to have a clean break.

What ever happens the club should make sure the man retains his dignity.

He seems a really nice bloke and has tried his best but we need to move on.

But the club needs to do it right.

Agree.

Ideally this should happen Monday. No point in letting him coach out the season if the decision has been made.

Finals are impossible now. Forget the maths - just being realistic.

Richo’s body language suggested he knew that was it tonight. We can only hope.

I think if it's now impossible to make finals, he should told he's no longer wanted for next year and give him the option to resign with dignity.

However, if he's the stubborn campaigner that he appears to be, then he probably digs his heels in and forces the club to sack him.

Best course of action for all parties concerned. He gets paid out for this year and we get to have a clean break.

Correct. It’s now completely inevitable, it probably was a month ago, but now it’s crystal clear. Richo can take an extended paid holiday & he will walk into an assistant/development gig with another club seamlessly. Players release the shackles & play with freedom like Carlton & North.

Agree.

Ideally this should happen Monday. No point in letting him coach out the season if the decision has been made.

Finals are impossible now. Forget the maths - just being realistic.

Richo’s body language suggested he knew that was it tonight. We can only hope.
Not sure the courts work that way. He will have to agree

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back