Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious.....Which Posts?

The whole bloody thread was removed!
No it wasn't. The thread was merged with two others that were discussing the same topic.

We had three threads on Ratten becoming interim coach. We only need one.

Here it is

Would appreciate in future just asking what happened. Cheers mate.

No it wasn't. The thread was merged with two others that were discussing the same topic.

We had three threads on Ratten becoming interim coach. We only need one.

Here it is

Would appreciate in future just asking what happened. Cheers mate.
Which is exactly what i did!
When asking what has happened to Richo's tribute thread! Cheers!

Which is exactly what i did!
When asking what has happened to Richo's tribute thread! Cheers!
Richo's tribute thread was merged in here. This will crack 10,000 posts soon anyway so will have to make a new thread regardless.

GAGF mate

Richo inherited a basket case list. Yes he won a wooden spoon in his first year, but the club and our list is actually in a far better place now then when he arrived.

Yes he departs after 6 years with a 34% winning record. That's not great. But your mob has a 33% winning record and 5 wooden spoons since 2002.

Say what you want about Richo, but he is an upgrade on anything your arrogant, self-entitled embarrassment of a club has produced for almost two decades.

You and your club are simply irrelevant. You have been for most of the professional era (well since the AFL actually started pulling you up for cheating anyway). Best part is, looking through your list you will continue to be irrelevant long after the David Teague dead cat bounce wears off.

Now take the limited brain cells you have back to your board. Perhaps you can discuss what you could have done with all your draft picks had you not traded them to Adelaide for a handful of magic beans.

Quality response!

putting the situation we are in aside, the club couldn't not have managed today any better.

the messaging is spot on. the graceful exit. the CEO fronting the presser. captain fronting the media.

they've nailed it!
I also liked how Richo existed the room before Finnis talked about the process for the new coach. No need to have him awkwardly sitting there like some other clubs did.

putting the situation we are in aside, the club couldn't not have managed today any better.

the messaging is spot on. the graceful exit. the CEO fronting the presser. captain fronting the media.

they've nailed it!
Feel this is correct.

The worst day for a football club is handling parting ways with the coach.

I feel this was handled as best it could under the circumstances.

Always a bad day. It means we are further away from a flag than ever

Feel this is correct.

The worst day for a football club is handling parting ways with the coach.

I feel this was handled as best it could under the circumstances.

Always a bad day. It means we are further away from a flag than ever

look for the opportunity. we are gonna have some good days and we are gonna have some bad days.

it's a bad day but when things look bleak right now, we should be looking to the opportunity. we get to find the next premiership coach! pretty exciting times!

they've nailed it!

Bassett got bagged by Andy Maher on SEN for not fronting it. Finnis on radio was pretty painful as well. I have this anticlimactic thing happening, I thought I'd feel much better when it finally happened.

I also liked how Richo existed the room before Finnis talked about the process for the new coach. No need to have him awkwardly sitting there like some other clubs did.

could not have gone any better. it's gone better than any departure in my time. thats 3 decades!

Bassett got bagged by Andy Maher on SEN for not fronting it. Finnis on radio was pretty painful as well. I have this anticlimactic thing happening, I thought I'd feel much better when it finally happened.

i feel a bit different. for me Finnis extended him. for me Finnis has been the one doing the sell job, which is been baseless spin and ass covering IMO. he had to front the media.

bassat isn't a strong media operator IMO needs to be the CEO

Must have been a different finnis to the one I heard. Bassett has a huge job. Sometimes you just have to do the work first. The Carlton president was there when bolts was sacked. I think most Carlton supporters wish he wasn’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't but I can see how they thought the hard prune was necessary.

No young talent other than Stuv. Priority picks abolished. Tainted drafts. Free Agency.

It was the perfect storm and we were in a little tinny with one oar and a gaping hole in the side.

To me Pelican was in the tinny with a claw hammer smashing the floor in. He was destructively stupid. How he failed to notice that the compromised drafts were stacked toward GWS and GC is outstanding dumbness. The photo someone put up of Longer being drafted alongside 10 GWS players and Wingard the only other non GWS player might have been a hint.

Must have been a different finnis to the one I heard. Bassett has a huge job. Sometimes you just have to do the work first. The Carlton president was there when bolts was sacked. I think most Carlton supporters wish he wasn’t

Finnis spoke too much and seemed to be talking the same s**t to stop getting grilled. I was sick of him and glad he got off in the end. I just hope we are going to get the appointment right now. We can't afford a mistake this time.

To me Pelican was in the tinny with a claw hammer smashing the floor in. He was destructively stupid. How he failed to notice that the compromised drafts were stacked toward GWS and GC is outstanding dumbness. The photo someone put up of Longer being drafted alongside 10 GWS players and Wingard the only other non GWS player might have been a hint.

well said. trout didn't help when he took over as list boss, with his conservative offers.

Finnis spoke too much and seemed to be talking the same s**t to stop getting grilled. I was sick of him and glad he got off in the end. I just hope we are going to get the appointment right now. We can't afford a mistake this time.

media asked all the wrong questions. they should have got stuck into finnis about why this dragged on for so damn long.

Well he has another year and no get out clause so yeah ... doubt it

Still think he signs another contract

If he wants to leave they will let him go. No point keeping a coach if he wants to move on.

People also forget that he had just been appointed St Kilda’s Director of Football before the Bulldogs offered him the senior coaching job. Saints could have held him to his contract but didn’t, they did the right thing and let him pursue his dream.

I suspect he would love to coach the Saints. It’s a matter of timing, but the stars have aligned now and may not align in the future. We’ll see what happens.

I still think he stays at the Bulldogs. But funny things happen in football and I was surprised at Peter Gordon’s answers.

I think a large number of us have been measured on here also.

The writing has been on the wall for some time, we put faith in the club to make the right decision and that seems to have happened.

Same as others have said, feels sad to see a good man lose his job but this will give us a breath of fresh air and some enthusiasm going into the off season hopefully.

Also players will have to put on a performance to get in the good graces of whoever comes in to coach is next.

So Andy Maher reckons the CEO of a company worth $7.8B should arrange his diary to ensure he has room to attend a press conference on the off chance that the coach of a football team he is part time Chairman, decides to step down. A decision by the way that completely dependent upon what results occur from a week to week basis.

Its embarrassing that he can actually hold a position as a "journalist".

look for the opportunity. we are gonna have some good days and we are gonna have some bad days.

it's a bad day but when things look bleak right now, we should be looking to the opportunity. we get to find the next premiership coach! pretty exciting times!
An old Bob Dylan line, "they say the darkest hour is right before the dawn". Onwards and upwards from here.

With respect, why raise this crap on here?

Go hate on the other thread.

So he negotiated his termination package. Big ******* deal.
What other thread? Unless the mods have merged threads, this thread is full to the brim of criticism of our newest ex-coach.

I'm uncomfortable with the revisionism going on here, someone said he's developed the list, a list many posters claim is the worst in the league and the key reason for our current position.

He came, he did his best, it wasn't good enough, we extended his contract and he was given a lot of time to fix problems, he couldn't, he was let go.

I hope he or his family aren't too upset, but I'm sure he'll get work as an assistant and recover his reputation, and he's already earned a nice little nest egg from us, especially for a man who enjoys a simple life.

Don't anyone now dare turn this around and make our club the villain for killing Bambi. Get enough of that from dumbass oppo supporters and media. (Check Twitter for example)

That's a wrap folks! It's been a long and sometimes draining 30,000 post bonanza so please continue (respectful!) discussion here;

You can head over to the other coaching threads for other discussion too. Bloody tough day to be a mod lol!

With a couple of posts to go I wanted to get in and say its been one hell of a ride Cho. Never doubted your integrity or that you wanted the best for the club. Some might argue that this should have happened after the Good Friday performance. Or at the end of last year. Ultimately he was given ample opportunity to succeed and in a results driven business this became the only outcome.

All the best on your next appointment Richo. For us, its time to start organising bundles of cash to throw at Bevo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back