Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll admit I'm not really comfortable with this much exposure, much more of a fan of The Bubble style, but understand that's how pro sport is these days regarding fans demanding insight. Hopefully other teams don't get enough IP to negate our 'new' gameplan from reading into the details here.

we are utterly inept football wise. sitting bottom 4 with a senior coach who clearly has no ******* idea, that is purely there because we didn't want to post a loss and cop the reputational damage of admitting to their mistake. i doubt the other sides would be concerned in the slightest. they'd be more concerned with what they're doing.

i mean if you were clarko, made the top 4, would you be concerned with the tactical superiority of alan richardson and st kilda.... not a hope in hell. probably find it all a bit cute. look they took my discard and he's already better than the senior coach they have.

doubt the club gives away much detail anyways, its more emotive feel good stuff for the fans. so they can go "WOW! the saints are smashing it because i read this super positive article, man i think we will go well next year, better buy that membership"

What plan?

I actually think it's a great initiative by the club to be selling such a positive message.

Great article IMO.

All the changes will finally allow Richo to shine and show his true skills.

Great vibe at the club and the players are up and about - except Billings who's leaving.

Bring on the season proper.

I actually think it's a great initiative by the club to be selling such a positive message.

Great article IMO.

All the changes will finally allow Richo to shine and show his true skills.

Great vibe at the club and the players are up and about - except Billings who's leaving.

Bring on the season proper.
Gold!
Finally allow Richo to shine and show his true skills! lol
So the crafty one has been hiding it all these years!

Cue somebody with the Michael Voss footage! ;)

Gold!
Finally allow Richo to shine and show his true skills! lol
So the crafty one has been hiding it all these years!

Cue somebody with the Michael Voss footage! ;)
Just one big misunderstood freckle.

Confucius says: The engine is the sum total of it's parts working in harmony.

Enthusiasm is contagious.

Edit: my recollection of the doco was that Ali knew his opponent was too strong for him so most of his prefight training was spent absorbing punches from his sparring partner.

The rope a dope was a pre fight tactic and not a mid fight change of strategy.

Edit: my recollection of the doco was that Ali knew his opponent was too strong for him so most of his prefight training was spent absorbing punches from his sparring partner.

Yep! Twas def a pre fight tactic!
Mundine tried the same thing in his last fight
only it was called the Dope a Floor strategy!
He must have got confused!

I agree. I actually watched the fight at the time & it certainly looked like Foreman was beating the crap out of him from the get go & Ali was absorbing the punishment. It was one of those miraculous sporting events that manifest once in a generation. Quite probably the most courageous thing I ever witnessed in sport. Foreman had a huge punch and most were convinced he would knock Ali out. To willingly take those punches as a tactic was unthinkable to everyone except Ali.
I was very surprised to read Richo's slant on it but I didn't say anything as I'm trying to stay positive about him being around for another year. I do wonder where he got that info though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically whatever Richardson tries as a strategy he will get the s**t bagged out of him by the Dunning Krugers.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
When I drove through Copenhagen I saw a lot of cars with DK number plates.
Are these the Dunning Kruger people you are talking about?

Rope a dope
Chope a dope
Cho the dope

The evolution of our new gameplan

You know the Cho man is patient, he's had a long slow drawn out plot to act like he has no idea what he's doing only to unleash on the comp in 2019. He's Keyser Soze, just makes everyone think he's like an innocuous beige idiot, then bam. Premiership tilt for the Cho-pa-dope. Well, or maybe he's just an idiot, definitely one or the other though.

You know the Cho man is patient, he's had a long slow drawn out plot to act like he has no idea what he's doing only to unleash on the comp in 2019. He's Keyser Soze, just makes everyone think he's like an innocuous beige idiot, then bam. Premiership tilt for the Cho-pa-dope. Well, or maybe he's just an idiot, definitely one or the other though.
Keyser Choze?

I agree. I actually watched the fight at the time & it certainly looked like Foreman was beating the crap out of him from the get go & Ali was absorbing the punishment. It was one of those miraculous sporting events that manifest once in a generation. Quite probably the most courageous thing I ever witnessed in sport. Foreman had a huge punch and most were convinced he would knock Ali out. To willingly take those punches as a tactic was unthinkable to everyone except Ali.
I was very surprised to read Richo's slant on it but I didn't say anything as I'm trying to stay positive about him being around for another year. I do wonder where he got that info though...

thats the problem with richo and these publicly boasted things he does. they don't line up to where we are at and he often takes what had occurred out of context and you wonder why they mis-read where the side is at....

this year its ali

last year it was the all blacks and the need for the players to do what they did and effectively coach themselves at training. bit of a gulf between where the all blacks were and where we were. like its not even relevant.

Keyser Soze lol....You tripper!
What did i say to you Ratts? Don't ever f*ck me!
Last person that did that was M Voss! Now look at him! :moustache:

thats the problem with richo and these publicly boasted things he does. they don't line up to where we are at and he often takes what had occurred out of context and you wonder why they mis-read where the side is at....

this year its ali

last year it was the all blacks and the need for the players to do what they did and effectively coach themselves at training. bit of a gulf between where the all blacks were and where we were. like its not even relevant.
Why can't we learn from the best?

this year its ali

You're forgetting Buddhist Richo as well, talks about it in the article here... Geez he's been given a lot of opportunities for development compared to other coaches we've had....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...arch-for-selfimprovement-20161202-gt2kjx.html

I hope the club continues to invest in the development of every coach we have from here on in.

In the very first episode of the Linton St series Hunter mentions about how last year before games the players would pair up and talk up each other’s playing strengths.

So the new approach of doing the same in team meetings could just be a natural progression of that.

With regards to Battle in the backline I think it’s a great play. Last year in his few games he took a couple of easy chest marks in the forward 50 that were a direct result of his elite gut running. He just outworked a defender, in an almost Riewoldt like manner. That sort of elite running could be a real weapon on the overlap running out of defense and could allow him to find some space in the front half. And we know he loves a crack at the big sticks.

Hahaa.
Some classic gringo2011 Gold dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back