Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Persevering Saint

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'm a lover, not a fighter
It makes him seem much more cool and dangerous that he is though, so far his legacy is to make us as beige and innocuous as he could manage. We don't really have a brand, a vision, an obvious end goal. We seem to be under a fog of blandness with Richo in charge. We are a nice club with no real marketability, no stars, no noise, no momentum etc. We are kind of irrelevant to other fans.
It's worse than we thought - we've become North Melbourne. :eek:

Diehard Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
might be a glimmer of light in the tunnel for the old campaigner. he certainly is getting them to move the ball a lot better. disposal has improved.
So hard to quantify...is it better coaching? Game plan? Fitness? Maturity? Emerging leaders?

A bit of everything, I’d guess.

triggering bro

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
So hard to quantify...is it better coaching? Game plan? Fitness? Maturity? Emerging leaders?

Attitude. Easy to see the players are now buying in, even if it’s only two practice matches. Combination of some new players, incl Hanneberry, new assistants & Billy Slater. Would not be surprised if Lethlean has put a rocket up a few & put them on notice.

Diehard Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Attitude. Easy to see the players are now buying in, even if it’s only two practice matches. Combination of some new players, incl Hanneberry, new assistants & Billy Slater. Would not be surprised if Lethlean has put a rocket up a few & put them on notice.
Agree, but think maturity plays a big role too.

How old are Billings, Steele, Dunstan, Gresh, Sincs, Acres etc? All around 23 and starting to really mature into men. They start getting confidence in their bodies and their skills and that makes a difference too and allows them to start becoming leaders.

Add that to confidence in the coaching staff and plan etc and you get what we are hopefully starting to see now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

triggering bro

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agree, but think maturity plays a big role too.

How old are Billings, Steele, Dunstan, Gresh, Sincs, Acres etc? All around 23 and starting to really mature into men. They start getting confidence in their bodies and their skills and that makes a difference too and allows them to start becoming leaders.

Add that to confidence in the coaching staff and plan etc and you get what we are hopefully starting to see now.
It’s looking like they’ve parked last year & have responded by showing more effort, which is significantly pleasing.

Verdun66

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League

Bit of everything probably. Still think last year an aberration. Not that we are that great, but things conspired against us, we dropped confidence, and just fell in a never ending mire. I might well be kidding myself, but I think last year could be the makings of this group. If we can have a reasonably consistent season the group will just get tighter and tighter. Could go the other way of course, but I somehow doubt it.

The changes in coaching and coaching attitudes could well be the refresher, the re-set, that we needed. Not making predictions, but I'm hopeful.

AFL Club
St Kilda
With all our early injury concerns I think the club will need to reconfigure what a pass mark will be for Richo.

The season start which a month ago was looking promising, now has me concerned with players dropping like flies since.

Mowman

Premium Gold
AFL Club
St Kilda
With all our early injury concerns I think the club will need to reconfigure what a pass mark will be for Richo.

The season start which a month ago was looking promising, now has me concerned with players dropping like flies since.
Nope no excuses this year finals or gone

ScrappyDo

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda

Wash your mouth out IS.
And take that tree hugging hippie crap to the pro Richos threads in future please. We's fixin for a hanging here. Dead man walking..

Top Bottom